Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

Just now, smokin george said:

This is a 2010 MKX that I polished a week ago. I've got two for next week then a 26ft Checkmate to do. Gotta love retirement and a part time job that's enjoyable

20191114_165812.jpg

Great job, George!! :bc:

11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Almost looks like a painting

It's the lighting. Painters always took advantage of the 1st and last hours of sunlight, the golden hour :bc:

9 hours ago, irv said:

Beauty shots, CKF!! :bc:

I haven't skied in years but that pic of yours makes me want to ski that! 

Thanks irv :bc:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, smokin george said:

This one was compound,polish then ceramic. The pic didn't have the ceramic on it yet

ceramic seems the way to go these days.  my next car I will have paint corrected at purchase and then ceramic it.  not going to bother with the explorer it's got to many dings scratches and chips in it already to make it worthwhile.  

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ceramic seems the way to go these days.  my next car I will have paint corrected at purchase and then ceramic it.  not going to bother with the explorer it's got to many dings scratches and chips in it already to make it worthwhile.  

I'm amazed at the whole process and the end result and it's definately worth it on a vehicle/boat/rv etc. The big boat (20yrs old) that we wet sanded, compounded ,polished and coated came out like a new boat. I'm looking to order the polisher,pads and compounds etc and start doing seadoos/boats/sleds for a buddy of mine. 

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

This one was compound,polish then ceramic. The pic didn't have the ceramic on it yet

George, what is the process you do between those jobs? Do you do an IPA wipe down of the whole vehicle to remove any oils, etc, or only before you apply the ceramic coating?

Also curious if you guys wash, dry, clay bar the vehicles before you start with the compounds and polish? 

1 hour ago, irv said:

George, what is the process you do between those jobs? Do you do an IPA wipe down of the whole vehicle to remove any oils, etc, or only before you apply the ceramic coating?

Also curious if you guys wash, dry, clay bar the vehicles before you start with the compounds and polish? 

The vehicles are washed/degreaser first. It all depends on the paint whether you start with a cutting compound or just a polishing compound. There's diff pads for each type of compound/polishes. The compounds eliminate using a clay bar. Also depending on the paint it might need wet sanding. Your truck would probably need a mild compound then a polish

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, smokin george said:

This is a 2010 MKX that I polished a week ago. I've got two for next week then a 26ft Checkmate to do. Gotta love retirement and a part time job that's enjoyable

20191114_165812.jpg

That's cool George. I'm jealous. I long for the days when I can work when I want instead of feeling like I can't stop for a shit....lol

Glad you're enjoying it.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Nice job. What do you charge for that?

I'm not sure what they charge but I know it's not cheap. They have to cover what they pay me, the cleaners,polishes and the coating and make money for the shop. In the spring the ones I'm going to do for myself will be around $350 -$400 depending on the vehicle and boats will be $50/ft. 

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I ran in to @Polaris 550   down on Fremont Street tonight. Seems he has graduated from Handies behind Sandys to takin loads of splurge on the strip in Vegas. 

Faggot even has his tongue out so he doesn’t miss a drop  

F5108E23-4782-48CB-B478-1564E455FD29.jpeg

I made about 20 Gs yesterday in my Fidelity account, faggot. You must have me confused with someone else.

Hey, have you ever thought of auditioning for Matt Roloff's double on " LITTLE PEOPLE, BIG WORLD "??? 

8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I made about 20 Gs yesterday in my Fidelity account, faggot. You must have me confused with someone else.

Hey, have you ever thought of auditioning for Matt Roloff's double on " LITTLE PEOPLE, BIG WORLD "??? 

Sure you did 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

On the beach as Havasu! 😂

IMG_5021.JPG.d4ef97eb48b1561420c77e5993cfcff4.JPG

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 3:26 AM, AKIQPilot said:

I ran in to @Polaris 550   down on Fremont Street tonight. Seems he has graduated from Handies behind Sandys to takin loads of splurge on the strip in Vegas. 

Faggot even has his tongue out so he doesn’t miss a drop  

F5108E23-4782-48CB-B478-1564E455FD29.jpeg

:lmao: :lol: :lol2:

• Haha 1