Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, old indy said:

The body looks decent enough. :wtf: the starter rotted out?

Mechanic said the starter was a big piece of rust and corrosion. So bad it just died.

Ya, she still looks good on the outside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Fuckin Dodge. Puked oil all over my brand new driveway on the weekend so I took it to the garage on Monday. Rotten oil pan. 
I got it back Wednesday afternoon and drove it 20 minutes to TSC store to pick up some stuff. When I come out of the store and hit the key, it won’t start. Got it towed back to the garage. The starter rotted out. Got it back this afternoon. $1400 week. Lol

Got towed by a GM. How embarrassing.

C9C59B23-AACC-4771-ABDD-825028518980.thumb.jpeg.e8a253ecbdfed74b4267f7c3272fe43c.jpeg

Is that the truck you rebuilt last year or sometime ago?

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Fuckin Dodge. Puked oil all over my brand new driveway on the weekend so I took it to the garage on Monday. Rotten oil pan. 
I got it back Wednesday afternoon and drove it 20 minutes to TSC store to pick up some stuff. When I come out of the store and hit the key, it won’t start. Got it towed back to the garage. The starter rotted out. Got it back this afternoon. $1400 week. Lol

Got towed by a GM. How embarrassing.

C9C59B23-AACC-4771-ABDD-825028518980.thumb.jpeg.e8a253ecbdfed74b4267f7c3272fe43c.jpeg

that sucks.  should have bought a Ford they never have issues according to Jay.  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I own Fords. They are junk too.

8436F3CA-CFC3-4187-ADCA-1AAEFA253D90.thumb.jpeg.fff5ebef38a1811cea6ccba9f863f471.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

215,000 miles on my 2002 F150 and the oil pan and starter have never been touched.

I can understand a starter failing but a rotted out oil pan? That’s lame, I don’t think I’d ever own a Chrysler product.

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

215,000 miles on my 2002 F150 and the oil pan and starter have never been touched.

I can understand a starter failing but a rotted out oil pan? That’s lame, I don’t think I’d ever own a Chrysler product.

I bought a f150 for my son a few years back. I bought it knowing it had a rusted out oil pan. Grampa truck with just under 100k. Spent most of its life In Iowa. They all suck when they get old.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I bought a f150 for my son a few years back. I bought it knowing it had a rusted out oil pan. Grampa truck with just under 100k. Spent most of its life In Iowa. They all suck when they get old.

This, and same ways with snowmobiles,  once they hit 10K miles on it, they all suck. :bc:  

43 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I have 4 fords. The f350 2006 with 247k on it has a stock oil pan , exhaust , starter , alternator. The 2015 f250 with 68k on it will be needing an oil pan and cooling lines by spring.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I like to think new trucks suck when you pay 40+k for them. IMO, 100k is when you should buy them. Pay around 15 - 20k and it leaves a lot of extra money for repairs that will never exceed the difference.

Edited by snoughnut

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I have 4 fords. The f350 2006 with 247k on it has a stock oil pan , exhaust , starter , alternator. The 2015 f250 with 68k on it will be needing an oil pan and cooling lines by spring.

Once again, that’s just idiotic, an oil pan should last at minimum 200k.

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

plenty of 7.3 fords had that issue

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

You obviously never owned a Ford with a 6.9/7.3. I replaced several oil pans during those years. I had one truck that leaked oil from the pan gasket at the rear but the front of the pan rotted out.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

plenty of 7.3 fords had that issue

Didn't read all the posts before I replied.

The 7.3's had shit pans for some reason.

The mechanic told me he replaced a pan on a '14 Ram 2500 with a 5.7 back in the summer.

2 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

even a guy I know got a 85 ramcharger with 318 in it still on his original oil pan so yes you got a point for the price they go for nowadays 

My '78 F150 looks to still have the original pan on it after 700k kms. At least there was no record of it being done in the box of records I got with the truck. Of course, that truck leaks oil so bad the entire front half of the truck is mint....lol

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

My '07 F250 with 335k kms still on original exhaust, starter and one of its alternators (I replaced the lower 1 2 weeks ago). 6.0 with original turbo.

My '12 F250 needs cab corners. I have it booked at my buddy's bodyshop for October. Likely a leaking 3rd brake light gasket like most Fords.

Edited by Blackstar

14 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Some old logging pics in Mi came across my feed.

37BEFF46-8F27-4D83-AF81-936FE78CFE9A.png

5542170B-9546-4193-BAD0-C40D7AE4BDD4.png

The vision of the global warming alarmists. Imagine those snowflakes trying to do this type of work? :lol:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Some old logging pics in Mi came across my feed.

37BEFF46-8F27-4D83-AF81-936FE78CFE9A.png

5542170B-9546-4193-BAD0-C40D7AE4BDD4.png

I worked for an antique dealer for years and 99% of the old furniture we saw was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. And most of that wood came from northern Michigan.

• Like 1