Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

If I buy from Lowe's it would get serviced at Hellebuyck's if it ever needed any warranty work.

I hear you, I just don't like box stores, I go to my local family owned hardware store, local family meat market, work for a family business and own a family business..I just try and keep my money locally as best as I can..

34 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

If I buy from Lowe's it would get serviced at Hellebuyck's if it ever needed any warranty work.

Dp

Edited by Rigid1

34 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Dp

Edited by Rigid1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I hear you, I just don't like box stores, I go to my local family owned hardware store, local family meat market, work for a family business and own a family business..I just try and keep my money locally as best as I can..

I get what you're saying. 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Good man. I do the same. Spend your money locally and it has a much better chance of coming back to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I try to buy as much as I can from our local Ace Hardware...they are a Stihl Dealer and have a good service department. What we don't have is a meat market or butcher shop anymore...the IGA store had a very good meat department but it has been gone for awhile. 

The best part of the Ace is that it's minutes from my house and they have good hours...everything is well stocked and most the help is knowledgeable. One example is the plumbing department...there is an older lady whose father was a plumber in town for decades and she worked for him so she knows this stuff inside and out. I was replacing my kitchen faucet and the supply lines on the new faucet weren't long enough so as I'm walking in the store she sees me carrying the faucet and before I could say a word she is telling me what I need to make it work. That doesn't happen at Home Depot. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I try to buy as much as I can from our local Ace Hardware...they are a Stihl Dealer and have a good service department. What we don't have is a meat market or butcher shop anymore...the IGA store had a very good meat department but it has been gone for awhile. 

I have a little hardware store down the street from me that fucking rocks. Everything ya could possibly need right down to Carhart work clothes and ammo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I have a little hardware store down the street from me that fucking rocks. Everything ya could possibly need right down to Carhart work clothes and ammo. 

Yep...when I had my boat I needed a couple pfd's and an anchor on short notice and sure enough ACE had it all. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep...when I had my boat I needed a couple pfd's and an anchor on short notice and sure enough ACE had it all. 

If I go to  big box, between parking a 1/4 mile from the door and then hooffing another 1/4 around inside. By the time I get my shit I don't even feel like doing the project anymore.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Good man. I do the same. Spend your money locally and it has a much better chance of coming back to you.

Exactly, the local hardware store buys parts and saw chain from me. The meat market owners,  I mow their personal lawns and do landscape work for them..It's really a great..

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The best part of the Ace is that it's minutes from my house and they have good hours...everything is well stocked and most the help is knowledgeable. One example is the plumbing department...there is an older lady whose father was a plumber in town for decades and she worked for him so she knows this stuff inside and out. I was replacing my kitchen faucet and the supply lines on the new faucet weren't long enough so as I'm walking in the store she sees me carrying the faucet and before I could say a word she is telling me what I need to make it work. That doesn't happen at Home Depot. 

Exactly Jim...:bc:

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

If I go to  big box, between parking a 1/4 mile from the door and then hooffing another 1/4 around inside. By the time I get my shit I don't even feel like doing the project anymore.

Fucking nail on the head,..I was out with this chick yesterday afternoon doing some shopping and stuff, was getting to be 5ish, asked if she wanted to go get some food, suggested the Bull & Bear Roadhouse. Local place close to my house..She really didn't want to go out and said let's just go get some subs at Wegmans (big family grocery store chain) and go relax at my place..Now Wegmans is cool, but a 1/4 to park, a 1/4 mile of walking around inside, and a 10min wait at the check out line..I said, let's go to Speras and get samich's..(She has never been but has heard of it) park 10ft from the front door,..30ft to the deli, Subs with Boar's Head meats and cheese and half the price of Wegmans..No line at the check out too..

She was like damn, now I see why you go there every day, what an awesome place..:bc:

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Fucking nail on the head,..I was out with this chick yesterday afternoon doing some shopping and stuff, was getting to be 5ish, asked if she wanted to go get some food, suggested the Bull & Bear Roadhouse. Local place close to my house..She really didn't want to go out and said let's just go get some subs at Wegmans (big family grocery store chain) and go relax at my place..Now Wegmans is cool, but a 1/4 to park, a 1/4 mile of walking around inside, and a 10min wait at the check out line..I said, let's go to Speras and get samich's..(She has never been but has heard of it) park 10ft from the front door,..30ft to the deli, Subs with Boar's Head meats and cheese and half the price of Wegmans..No line at the check out too..

She was like damn, now I see why you go there every day, what an awesome place..:bc:

Boars head is so fucking good. Hit the butcher for a ribeye last night and had to grab a 1/2 lbs of BH ham for sammies for the next few days.

• Like 1

We shop as much as we can in town at the Home Hardware and CDN Tire even though they're big outfits they're locally owned. Another big thing living in the country is using the local trades that rely on their reputation. We needed a plumber when we had no water and got a name from a friend. I missed his phone call and I was sitting playing on my laptop,the door opens and a guy sticks his head in the door and says you George? I said yeah and he says I'm Drew the plumber lol. Five minutes later we have water,he had a beer,gave him a cheque for the part he changed and a couple of weeks later he came back to install a new softener,carbon tank,hot water tank etc. He says I'll send you an invoice and a few months later we had to call him and asked if he wanted to get paid lol. The service up here is pretty good,honest and you better have beer in the fridge lol

45 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

More importantly, did you get anything in return? :dunno:

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

County Store??????

39 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

They're running a special down at Sandy's....

78785459_1825481230930092_1530577695476285440_n.jpg

How about I pay a nigga to run his dick, down your throat? Wouldn't that be special?????