Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Blowing through money like it is race season.  

They've been waiting to pull corn around here cause it has been so wet. I noticed a couple fields around me got stripped yesterday and today but the driers aren't fired up yet.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They've been waiting to pull corn around here cause it has been so wet. I noticed a couple fields around me got stripped yesterday and today but the driers aren't fired up yet.

The year we pulled everything at 25% - 35% we were going through a transport load of LP every 24-30 hours running the dryer.  

9846476-3x2-940x627.jpg

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The year we pulled everything at 25% - 35% we were going through a transport load of LP every 24-30 hours running the dryer.  

9846476-3x2-940x627.jpg

For the farm across the road, the local natural gas company brought a huge line right to their door for "free".   lol

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Ah the famous "I'm going to run a red light and really fuck up someone's weekend" drivers that we have here. 

And my friends wonder why there are certain parts of town I give it a second before leaving a red light.

IMG_20191108_173436.jpg

Was headed to work a few weeks back and came to an intersection where cops and firfighters were cleaning up an accident because someone blew the light. In the middle of it all , some dude blows the light

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Holy shit!  BUT....I meant what the fuck is that and what is it doing?

:lol:

Drying the corn. It will mold in storage. You can send it to market wet,but it’s worth less. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Ahhhhh. I see.

FSCE.  Fun AND educational!!!

When you see corn in a field in Dec, the farmers are typically trying to field dry it. I dont think they can do that up north by you because of deep snow?  

Just now, BOHICA said:

They should use solar power or windmills to dry corn instead of carbon based fuels

Musk is working on something now....or, sending a car into space.

Same.

Just now, Woodtick said:

When you see corn in a field in Dec, the farmers are typically trying to field dry it. I dont think they can do that up north by you because of deep snow?  

I e never seen corn in the fields in December up here.

Just now, BOHICA said:

They should use solar power or windmills to dry corn instead of carbon based fuels

A bunch are using corn burners depending on the price of corn? Nat Gas is plentiful in this area,so it’s the cheap way to do it. Solar or wind is a fart in the wind. You would probably need a 1000 kW heater for a good size elevator.

16 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Or just let the poor plants live a normal and happy life rather than killing them for human consumption! :D

5 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Probably 800 gallons of propane a day?

I'm not sure what it is burning through right now, but we did go through a transport every 24-30 hours one year.  Not a small tank, a whole semi load every day.  

4 hours ago, Woodtick said:

The Lexions will take it in the snow if it isn't too wet.

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm not sure what it is burning through right now, but we did go through a transport every 24-30 hours one year.  Not a small tank, a whole semi load every day.  

The Lexions will take it in the snow if it isn't too wet.

Damn...how many gallons in a transport?

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

The should use corn ethanol,  haha....dry it turn it to ethanol then use the ethanol to dry the next crop...and on and on never producing a thing.