Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That's a helluva name! 

I think they originally had a food truck somewhere else. They used crowdfunding to get started. I hope they can do crowdfunding to stay open because I don't see them surviving otherwise :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think they originally had a food truck somewhere else. They used crowdfunding to get started. I hope they can do crowdfunding to stay open because I don't see them surviving otherwise :dunno:

Nope , Im saying empty building by ice out.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Nope , Im saying empty building by ice out.

Sad. They might do OK at 1st, but the newness will ware off.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Iron Mountain....hometown of Tom Izzo and Steve Mariucci

Mooch!!!!

• Like 1

don't see any specialty business like that lasting in the north country.  maybe if they have a real menu but restaurants are a hard enough business before you add a small population and niche food to it.  we've lost 3-4 restaurants in the last 18 months around here and have a decent size population that doubles in the summer.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

don't see any specialty business like that lasting in the north country.  maybe if they have a real menu but restaurants are a hard enough business before you add a small population and niche food to it.  we've lost 3-4 restaurants in the last 18 months around here and have a decent size population that doubles in the summer.  

Bingo.  The old pizza place has new owners......instead of offering subs, wings and a few fried foods as sides they decided to offer a little higher end Italian food. From a take out joint that has very limited seating and parking....not to mention in the middle of nowhereville , VT :lol:

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Bingo.  The old pizza place has new owners......instead of offering subs, wings and a few fried foods as sides they decided to offer a little higher end Italian food. From a take out joint that has very limited seating and parking....not to mention in the middle of nowhereville , VT :lol:

A lot of people have a romanticized view of restaurant ownership and to top it off, pay plenty of money for the blue skies.  

Same thing goes with having a hobby farm or small farm. 

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

A lot of people have a romanticized view of restaurant ownership and to top it off, pay plenty of money for the blue skies.  

Same thing goes with having a hobby farm or small farm. 

or show horses 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Swans dropped in for a while this morning. There's some ice out there also.

20191103_111139.jpg

20191103_111157.jpg

Swans are very cool although Grandma always warned us when we were kids to only feed the Mallards and not the Swans. 😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks