Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

On 10/2/2020 at 5:32 PM, ckf said:

The Yank Me Strokehouse?????   It's not as good as it used to be when Lloyd and Maryann owned it. Joe took out the outside pit and went with inside commercial smokers.

yup thats the place,   It was really good this time,  better than last time i was there for sure.   two years ago i left the place pretty disapointed.   it has been many different names over the years hasent it. its been a stop when in the area for as long as i can remember.  i recall sitting there watching the tram run as a youngin.  

4 hours ago, old indy said:

yup thats the place,   It was really good this time,  better than last time i was there for sure.   two years ago i left the place pretty disapointed.   it has been many different names over the years hasent it. its been a stop when in the area for as long as i can remember.  i recall sitting there watching the tram run as a youngin.  

If you were there when the gondolas were still running that would have been before they closed in 1982. The owner was friends of the family and I had a free season pass for that winter and they never opened due to lack of snow ❄️ I think it was called The Candy Cane or something like that back then. That's when the Shannon's owned it. I think all 3 Shannon girls worked at the Smokehouse when Lloyd and Maryanne owned it. 

Joe cut corners after he brought it to up the profits. As one example, they used to butter and grill the buns for the burgers and sandwiches.... not anymore :(

Ohh ya ive been going to NH since i was born in 62  i couldnt count how many times ive been through that area.  My aunt is a Sanborn also (Sanborntown nh). mother side is all over NH fathers side all over Maine.   i get around,  family ties you know..  lol  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, old indy said:

Ohh ya ive been going to NH since i was born in 62  i couldnt count how many times ive been through that area.  My aunt is a Sanborn also (Sanborntown nh). mother side is all over NH fathers side all over Maine.   i get around,  family ties you know..  lol  

I think I'm heading down on Thursday or Friday to snap pics. Already talked to my buddy and he can take either afternoon off. 

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think I'm heading down on Thursday or Friday to snap pics. Already talked to my buddy and he can take either afternoon off. 

Nice the colors should be nice still.  they are going brown and dropping Fast tho.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

New free addition to my junk pile, runs and drives even. This has the GT-40 heads and intake I want for my F-150, and the rear end with disc brakes and 3.73 gears that all the Jeep guys jerk off over.

IMG_20201005_110656_7.jpg

That era explorers were pretty much bulletproof. 

a couple from N.H. yesterday.  what a gorgeous day it was.    we rode just over 380 miles.            

IMG_2955.jpg Mt. Chocorua   (zoomed in)         CKF has a nice airial shot of this somewhere

IMG_2954.jpg Chocorua from the bridge off rt 16

IMG_2946.jpg from the Kancamagus                somewhere..

IMG_2943.jpg

taken along Bear Notch rd 

IMG_2953.jpg 

Edited by old indy
  • Like 3