Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

A vintage Skiroule, Scorpion or maybe a SnoJet sign would complete the look.  :bc: 

I've seen them come up from time to time but ......big bucks. Not sure I'd feel safe putting up a $1500-2000 sign. I'm on a well traveled road and I've been ripped off several times already. I seen an Arctic Cat sign for $1000 a year ago and was tempted.

These signs are all $200-500 and the area is well lit. That's a camera in the middle. They help but if someone wants it, they'll take it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've seen them come up from time to time but ......big bucks. Not sure I'd feel safe putting up a $1500-2000 sign. I'm on a well traveled road and I've been ripped off several times already. I seen an Arctic Cat sign for $1000 a year ago and was tempted.

These signs are all $200-500 and the area is well lit. That's a camera in the middle. They help but if someone wants it, they'll take it.

Watching CDN and American pickers, you are not kidding! Personally, if I owned any, they would be hung on the inside, not the outside. 

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Watching CDN and American pickers, you are not kidding! Personally, if I owned any, they would be hung on the inside, not the outside. 

The prices are going through the roof for signs, especially gas and oil signs. Everyone with an old car wants peroid signs to hang on the walls of their garage or man cave.

The guy I bought the Pepsi signs from today said he's only buying Ford related signs now. He bought a 1940 Ford pick up. He wants signs, a gas station style air pump, an island light and visible gas pump. Big dollar items for sure.

I was at an auction last year. There was a "Ford Genuine Parts" sign in nice condition. I'm thinking, I'm a player on this up to $2000. Fucking this sold for $3200 plus fees and taxes. $4000 total. What an eye opener.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

The prices are going through the roof for signs, especially gas and oil signs. Everyone with an old car wants peroid signs to hang on the walls of their garage or man cave.

The guy I bought the Pepsi signs from today said he's only buying Ford related signs now. He bought a 1940 Ford pick up. He wants signs, a gas station style air pump, an island light and visible gas pump. Big dollar items for sure.

I was at an auction last year. There was a "Ford Genuine Parts" sign in nice condition. I'm thinking, I'm a player on this up to $2000. Fucking this sold for $3200 plus fees and taxes. $4000 total. What an eye opener.

Yeah, it's crazy what these signs are going for. This covid thing has people buying/increasing prices on almost anything collectibles. Paying attention to ball and hockey cards as you know, I also see the same thing. Some prices have increased 600% to 800% in the last 4-5 months on star players, both old and modern.  

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I’ve been collecting old advertising stuff for over 40 years. I haven’t bought anything in a long time. When I see something nice the price is usually ridiculous. 
Mine is hung on the inside, don’t trust people around here...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yesterday 

32A84B2E-1C17-4BD7-937B-7DA0440971D4.thumb.jpeg.6f3223cf585e52391abd7ebb78b6aa60.jpeg

Eesshh...that was here last week...one was wounded and I had to finish it off...at least the second one they had the decency to leave by the backdoor headless...damn cats anyhow.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Eesshh...that was here last week...one was wounded and I had to finish it off...at least the second one they had the decency to leave by the backdoor headless...damn cats anyhow.

I was sitting on the couch, looked over and here she comes up the deck with the bunny in her mouth :lol:

36 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Buy a better hose. Those hard plastic ones suck.

I fucking hate that hose! Such a piece of crap that kinks all the time OR it won’t bend when you want it too. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Lots of these guys around this year :dunno:

20200823_143447.gif

We had those mostly last year or the previous year but there are still some around this year too. This year, for us, was an outbreak of Gypsy moths. Luckily we face the west as they weren't too horny about the wind but behind us at some of our friends places, they were everywhere!! Tons under branches and tons flying around everywhere as well. All started as caterpillars which reminded one of tent caterpillars then they changed to the moth. They are still recommending people to kill as many as they can including the bags/nests underneath the branches. https://www.intelligencer.ca/news/local-news/eastern-ontario-in-grip-of-worst-gypsy-moth-outbreak-in-30-years

Edited by irv

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Been there, done that. Screw cheap hoses!

Yeah we’ll I didn’t buy it but still have a hard time throwing away stuff that still works. 

5 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I fucking hate that hose! Such a piece of crap that kinks all the time OR it won’t bend when you want it too. 

5 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Been there, done that. Screw cheap hoses!

I had a hard time paying what they want but Flexzilla garden hoses are the best I've seen.

https://www.flexzilla.com/water/garden-hose/

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I had a hard time paying what they want but Flexzilla garden hoses are the best I've seen.

https://www.flexzilla.com/water/garden-hose/

Thanks I’ll have to check that out. My good hose is a Goodyear but it’s not long enough

15 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Be careful with your kitchen slicers folks.

200526D4-D772-4AFA-83E4-50BE750CBDBD.jpeg

Yikes! Idid something similar to my right index finger as a kid. Mine was pinched between the chain and sprocket of my bicycle though. It grew back but it doesn't have as much sensitivity as my other digits though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Yikes! Idid something similar to my right index finger as a kid. Mine was pinched between the chain and sprocket of my bicycle though. It grew back but it doesn't have as much sensitivity as my other digits though.

I'm just hoping the cops only have 9 of my fingerprints on record now lol

• Haha 2