Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

Just now, Anler said:

I don't really like the new yellow either. I like the old yellow better. Seems ridiculous but it's just off putting. 

I never like the yellow, all my Doos have been black. Same with the cat green...:puke:

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I never like the yellow, all my Doos have been black. Same with the cat green...:puke:

I always loved the Doo yellow. Just not the new shade they are doing. 

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

I like the bright colors for off trail. It’s easy to see where your buddies are. Trail sleds don’t don’t matter to me that much,going to fast to even notice.

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I don't really like the new yellow either. I like the old yellow better. Seems ridiculous but it's just off putting. 

Just now, Anler said:

I always loved the Doo yellow. Just not the new shade they are doing. 

It's not bad, it's just way to much yellow.  If it had a black tunnel like the TNT does, I might have ordered it. I'll get pictures of them side by side in a little bit at the show.  Heading back down there in a few to see what kind of deals there is. Sunday you can pick stuff up for cheap 

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Nice job on this helix Team!  I wonder why I was having poor shifting occassionally last year?

@Zambroski

IMG_20191103_105140.jpg

IMG_20191103_105131.jpg

IMG_20191103_105122.jpg

IMG_20191103_105114.jpg

IMG_20191103_105056.jpg

IMG_20191103_105050.jpg

LOL!  Make a clock out of it and buy a real Team product.  A Tied or TSS.

Seriously, start looking....used ones  are pretty cheap.  In fact....I may know where you can get a TSS right now.

21 hours ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!  Make a clock out of it and buy a real Team product.  A Tied or TSS.

Seriously, start looking....used ones  are pretty cheap.  In fact....I may know where you can get a TSS right now.

Must have been a tough day at the pot metal factory when they cast this one.

We don't get enough snow here to mess with clutching all year. When it snows it is go time.  Gonna stick with the stock clutches with a Speedwerx kit and all the upgrades. Probably the last year on this sled since it will be up there in miles by the end of the season.

2020 800RR on the short list for next year. Or maybe an XCR 850?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Must have been a tough day at the pot metal factory when they cast this one.

We don't get enough snow here to mess with clutching all year. When it snows it is go time.  Gonna stick with the stock clutches with a Speedwerx kit and all the upgrades. Probably the last year on this sled since it will be up there in miles by the end of the season.

2020 800RR on the short list for next year. Or maybe an XCR 850?

You don’t have to tune clutches all year.  Pick a solid helix and spring for the secondary and it’s plug and play.  I goof with mine a bit but once I’ve tried a couple of options, I’m all set.

Honestly, if you got retarded and picked poorly on helix angles and springs (there’s no excuse for doing this...blame yourself if you do), it’d still prolly perform better than stock.  :lmao:

On 11/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, Woodtick said:

The adjustable is the way to go on a cross over sled. I love seeing the ape hangers on trail sleds. :lol:

For trail riding, I like it low, but playing off trail, the higher setting is much more comfortable for standing.  Stock height and it’s hard on the back being hunched over a bit.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:45 AM, Ez ryder said:

I drilled a shit load of holes in my add on tall glove box pulled some insulation from below . It gets pretty warm in there now, not dry a set of gloves hot but defrosted warm goggles dry balaclava and non frozen phones warm 

Yeah it’s roomy as hell in there.  I might drill some holes in there too after hearing that.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, Ez ryder said:

it sure why cat did not continue there m/xf adjustable bars 

My brother had a Crossfire with the adjustable riser, wasn’t the best design with alotta flex.  But the versatility is mint.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

For trail riding, I like it low, but playing off trail, the higher setting is much more comfortable for standing.  Stock height and it’s hard on the back being hunched over a bit.

Yeah it’s roomy as hell in there.  I might drill some holes in there too after hearing that.

My brother had a Crossfire with the adjustable riser, wasn’t the best design with alotta flex.  But the versatility is mint.

I liked the telescopic riser on my CF and M8...worked fairly well.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This seems like a pretty good deal if anybody is looking...they also have an 850 TNT and a few others. 

https://nmi.craigslist.org/snd/d/tawas-city-2019-ski-doo-backcountry-850/7013324008.html

needs a few grand in shocks but it's a nice sled.  

On 11/3/2019 at 11:01 AM, teamgreen02 said:

Nice job on this helix Team!  I wonder why I was having poor shifting occassionally last year?

@Zambroski

IMG_20191103_105140.jpg

IMG_20191103_105131.jpg

IMG_20191103_105122.jpg

IMG_20191103_105114.jpg

IMG_20191103_105056.jpg

IMG_20191103_105050.jpg

I had the same porosity on my 2018 helix, Cat wouldn't warranty it, I just replaced it at my cost.

It will interesting to see the new sleds on the 19th, and how the 2020 800 performs, it better be awesome to keep me from jumping ship.

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I had the same porosity on my 2018 helix, Cat wouldn't warranty it, I just replaced it at my cost.

It will interesting to see the new sleds on the 19th, and how the 2020 800 performs, it better be awesome to keep me from jumping ship.

Dude I said that half a dozen times too. Difference is I had the nut to do it. :snack:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Seriously, what do you guys think the OEM's owe you?  

Thank you for your loyalty.:flush:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

More power, better economy and improved reliability and running quality and more better other stuff... 

6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

i welded some o7 or 08 bars to my 06 post back in the day . I had like 4 more cats with those bars . only snapped 1 set and that sled was totatald so the bars were the least of my worrys lol . 

3 hours ago, Reevester said:

Dude I said that half a dozen times too. Difference is I had the nut to do it. :snack:

I didn't know it was a fear thing........hmmm

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not a goddamn thing.

I have over 130,000 miles on Cat's, rode everything from the mountains in ID, MT, WY, to saddlebags in the no-mans lands of Labrador, ON, and QC, never had to walk or spend a night in the bush, trips like that make you appreciate the iron that gets you out there and and most importantly back.

5 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Any time you machine into a casting there is potential for porosity to show up.  This is excessive though and just shows poor manufacturing and quality control processes.

Ditto on the new models and 2020 performance. Cat needs to step up their game or their market share will continue to shrink.  

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Christ it looks like you’ve been weedwhacking the lawn with it. :lol: 

It's the new brush clearing attachment, works like a charm!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I didn't know it was a fear thing........hmmm

Not a goddamn thing.

I have over 130,000 miles on Cat's, rode everything from the mountains in ID, MT, WY, to saddlebags in the no-mans lands of Labrador, ON, and QC, never had to walk or spend a night in the bush, trips like that make you appreciate the iron that gets you out there and and most importantly back.

I use to drive around with spare parts too. :lol:

• Haha 2