Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 11/6/2019 at 6:00 PM, Edmo said:

Look what I just dug up lolz. My first sled. Wet ass cheap ski bibs, shitty boots and an old doo helmet my buddy dug up. Spent all my money on the sled. :lol: 

31007B05-57AB-446B-B5A7-E2891C28199B.jpeg

Holy crap I had one of those babies....loved it! 

48 minutes ago, Edmo said:

X2. You know they make those in the land of the FIBS right? 

:news: 

Yea, that's the only bad thing about them. :lol:  But Terry and the rest of the guys at Fast Trac are cool as hell. 

I had 516 of their nylocks in a bag from sleds that I've done stud jobs on a while ago.  I took them with me to the Novi show last week and asked Terry if he'd give me credit for them since he knows I don't use them.  He did no questions asked. Stuff like that is why I'll continue to be a return customer of his :bc:

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

You don't have any studs on your sled right now?  At all?

I don’t run studs in any of my sleds. They don’t do much in the type of conditions I ride in. I may pic the Nitro, if I find myself dropping down into The icy trails of Wi? I will have to ride it and see? I may just do the Bergstrom screws?  

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I don’t run studs in any of my sleds. They don’t do much in the type of conditions I ride in. I may pic the Nitro, if I find myself dropping down into The icy trails of Wi? I will have to ride it and see? I may just do the Bergstrom screws?  

I think studs on groomed trails are a must but, even on softer trails they can be helpful. Just personal preference I guess.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I think studs on groomed trails are a must but, even on softer trails they can be helpful. Just personal preference I guess.

I run a lot of logging roads and two track. Running over logs and rocks. A track wouldn’t last very long full of studs.

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Trail sleds have never had studs here.  

I seriously couldn’t imagine.  I brought my RR home and just couldn’t wait.  We headed out and I had had the stock skis and no studs.  I’m not kidding when I say this, I literally had several moments when I was considering bailing before I went into the tree line.  I puckered so hard a couple times I had to get help getting the seat removed.  I couldn’t keep up and my buddy was pushing me.  What a fucking shit show of a wrestling match in every corner.  Even after a half dozen adjustments on the fly.  Yep, my bud was on his 600 racer and he laughed and laughed and laughed at me.  Called me a fucking tourist Nancy!  I wanted to punch him in the neck!!!!!  :lmao:

Studs and CA’s the next day!

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I seriously couldn’t imagine.  I brought my RR home and just couldn’t wait.  We headed out and I had had the stock skis and no studs.  I’m not kidding when I say this, I literally had several moments when I was considering bailing before I went into the tree line.  I puckered so hard a couple times I had to get help getting the seat removed.  I couldn’t keep up and my buddy was pushing me.  What a fucking shit show of a wrestling match in every corner.  Even after a half dozen adjustments on the fly.  Yep, my bud was on his 600 racer and he laughed and laughed and laughed at me.  Called me a fucking tourist Nancy!  I wanted to punch him in the neck!!!!!  :lmao:

CA skis are the worst out there other than the nytro era yam skis 

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lmao:

Been running studs since 2001.  Won't be without them ever again. 

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

B140BFCE-39F5-4E25-8040-668DDC611352.gif

38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I do turn it up a step or two on the RXC's.  

12 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Been running studs since 2001.  Won't be without them ever again. 

If I ever needed proof that studs (and skis) matter....I got it then., even though I didn’t need any proof at all.  There’s just no reason to not stud and “re-ski” before even considering going out.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I do turn it up a step or two on the RXC's.  

Or three or four?

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

If I ever needed proof that studs (and skis) matter....I got it then., even though I didn’t need any proof at all.  There’s just no reason to not stud and “re-ski” before even considering going out.

Or three or four?

Never had any issues getting Doo skis to work.  But definitely need studs 

3 hours ago, Kev144 said:

I like the pro steer poo skis 

Precision skis on a ZX were a huge improvement. I liked the regular flex ski (ZX ski) on my Rev, better than Precision skis.  Pilots on the XP and XS 

Do you love those Pro Steer skis as much as you love that Hemi and 6.2 Government Motors, bitch slapping 3.5 Ecobeast you drove last night? 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Precision skis on a ZX were a huge improvement. I liked the regular flex ski (ZX ski) on my Rev, better than Precision skis.  Pilots on the XP and XS 

Do you love those Pro Steer skis as much as you love that Hemi and 6.2 Government Motors, bitch slapping 3.5 Ecobeast you drove last night? 

While great on a ZX precisions were complete trash on a rev,  i went to slydogs.  wasn't a big fan of pilot 5.7's but they were decent on hardpack,  precision were decent no where.  

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:snack: 

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

While great on a ZX precisions were complete trash on a rev,  i went to slydogs.  wasn't a big fan of pilot 5.7's but they were decent on hardpack,  precision were decent no where.  

The worked great on the ZX 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

read my first line

Typical trumper comprehension

:lol: 

Your last line contradicts your first 

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

16 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

510642145_1541936700_giphy.gif.cf(54).gif.88374ee298ea42834efc774fc2759078(1).gif.aee932829be651fa2aedddea8347555b.gif

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

that line is in reference to a rev, hence the reason I said they were trash on a rev and what I ran on mine because they sucked in all conditions.    

You failed miserably on that post.  And an English teacher would have red pen all over that 😂