Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

Just now, smokin george said:

137 Ripsaw 2. Same footprint as a Gade just not as sleek/compact a sled

Hmmm...kinda surprising.  I remember looking at the one pulling my bud out.  It looked super wide.  I bet that sled didn't hit 1500rpm pulling his sled over the young trees and brush back up onto the trail.  total beast!

15 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I’m going to look into an aftermarket LED for the turbo.  Ski Doo can suck a dick for how much they want for their LED accessories.  I had one on my Freeride, and it was nice, but not worth 300 fish..

I used to love to stud, now...meh. Plus I’m more into deeper lug tracks these days.  For hard trail running, sure give me a 1.25 with some studs and about 18 scratch lines...

where aboots in Canada?  :snack: 

The only reason I went with the Doo lights is I got the $500 voucher from the dealer what I bought my new one.  Wasn't a whole lot of stuff I needed so I went with the Auxiliary bright LEDs and the pull start. I ordered the under headlight auxiliary from JayCox. The fit and finish on them is second to none.  

13 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Jessica :bc:   I'm gonna be a smoking hot ginger bitch

:lmao: :lol:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

“..only trailered to the UP for plush riding...”

:lmao:

Yuh....I’ll spring the extra 2 G’s for the zero mile one from CC.  Looking at used race sleds should be something everybody does for once....just for fun.  “Raced but, in really good shape.  Just a few dings here and there.  Zero miles on freshened up motor.” :lol:

Those ads crack me up. "Up miles". I wish you could reply to those ads. Miles are miles dumbass :lol:

59 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Covers are so expensive now , just buy a used enclosed.

I'll never go back to an open trailer ever again. 

56 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Exactly...and even under warranty...just give me the fucking parts, I'll do it myself.

Sometimes that's not possible tho. These newer sleds with DI all the electronics sometimes need a dealer to work on. I'm fine with that 

49 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I tried to do thjat with my 16 poo and the dealer would not give me the parts, they had to stop doing that. too many issues apparently :dunno: 

Yep. To many people fucked their shit up and then had to be brought in anyways and dealer had to do the work after all. Cost the manufactures even more money.

43 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They probably did it for your own good.  Like when Ben stole the tool kit from Tool Kit's purchase.  He didn't want to feel responsible. :lol: 

:lol: 

Plus with those little string bean IT arms and Barb like hands,  they don't want him getting a hang nail or a small scratch and ending up in the ER.  :lmao:

:news:

40 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

have you had a warranty claim in the 400 miles youve put on that sled in the years youve owned it? 

:lmao:

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Had two on my doo.  Just got parts from my dealer.  They win bigly doing this.....assuming they know you can fix it properly.  That might be your problem.  :lol: 

Race sleds don't come with warranties.  They figure, if you own a race sled, you should be able to fix it yourself.  :thumbsup:

My '04 did, but it was trail converted. They took off the preheat button, fuel selector and high compression domes. Also swapped the small tank for a full size clear one. 

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I told this story here but, we passed a couple of tank Doo's a couple years ago...then, about two corners up my buddy put his sled in the "pickers".  They stopped and pulled him out....then gave him a rag to wipe the egg off his face.  :lol: 

They are pretty much the same footprint as the non-two ups but, it looked YUUUGE  and it tugged his sled out of the trash like it was nothing.  it was impressive actually.

:lmao: :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

If you really want to step up your game you should get an MXZ XRS... :news:

I agree :bc:

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: 

You misspelled "down".

I fixed his major mistake  :lmao: :lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Hmmm...kinda surprising.  I remember looking at the one pulling my bud out.  It looked super wide.  I bet that sled didn't hit 1500rpm pulling his sled over the young trees and brush back up onto the trail.  total beast!

The body is 37" wide with the G4 chassis so its wide. I cant believe I can lift the front up and thought it'd be a tank

9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

137 Ripsaw 2. Same footprint as a Gade just not as sleek/compact a sled

Pisses me off than they put the RIP2 on that sled, but not on the X or XRS. Makes no fucking sense at all. 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Pisses me off than they put the RIP2 on that sled, but not on the X or XRS. Makes no fucking sense at all. 

and why a single ply, most of my doo buddies swap for a 2 ply rip 2 

Got some goodies last night at the show 

IMG_20191102_094930077.thumb.jpg.154ade3191b8fa4db258a79b66b98591.jpg

DeWalt batteries are on the charger now.  

Also, got a text last night from the wife while I was at the show. 

"Hey, _________ sent me an email and said to have you get ahold of him. He wants to come get that '99" 

Long story short, I'm now down to 3 sleds. Kinda bitter sweet for me, but it wasn't going to be ridden much anymore so it was time for her to go. 

IMG_20191102_085545122.thumb.jpg.81dfeb5e7959f090516b1d3d26649041.jpgIMG_20191102_085604187.thumb.jpg.93e7395778db9225fb64d15ceb4c6550.jpg

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I set up my double open as a single down the middle. This way the sled will be in the center behind the truck covered and I can load the sxs the rest of the time

That's what I do with mine as well. Put a blanket under the cover and have never had an issue. 

Just now, Reevester said:

That's what I do with mine as well. Put a blanket under the cover and have never had an issue. 

Blanket or a sheet works fine under the cover. Only the skis get dirty and can always take them off and wash them in the motel/lodge bathtub lol

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Blanket or a sheet works fine under the cover. Only the skis get dirty and can always take them off and wash them in the motel/lodge bathtub lol

I always us fresh white towel to wipe down the sled in the morning. :lol:

26 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Got some goodies last night at the show 

IMG_20191102_094930077.thumb.jpg.154ade3191b8fa4db258a79b66b98591.jpg

DeWalt batteries are on the charger now.  

Also, got a text last night from the wife while I was at the show. 

"Hey, _________ sent me an email and said to have you get ahold of him. He wants to come get that '99" 

Long story short, I'm now down to 3 sleds. Kinda bitter sweet for me, but it wasn't going to be ridden much anymore so it was time for her to go. 

IMG_20191102_085545122.thumb.jpg.81dfeb5e7959f090516b1d3d26649041.jpgIMG_20191102_085604187.thumb.jpg.93e7395778db9225fb64d15ceb4c6550.jpg

You sold it to a chebby owner? 

33 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I agree :bc:

There is no way Zammy would get an xrs. He already has a cross country machine with premium shocks and cats front end is better than Doo. He puts 50 miles of Twisties on the xcr switchback and he's hooked. Guaranteed... :news:

Just now, Anler said:

There is no way Zammy would get an xrs. He already has a cross country machine with premium shocks and cats front end is better than Doo. He puts 50 miles of Twisties on the xcr switchback and he's hooked. Guaranteed... :news:

:owned:

199.JPG

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pretty sure his is a SX sled.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You can be 100%...but the rear valving is close to the XC model.  I'm not out there doing 40 foot doubles!!!!  lol

IMG_4222.jpg

how many photoshoots per mile does that sled get? 

• Haha 1