Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

18 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I'm sure they do, but they aren't doing it for free.   No body is touching my sleds but me unless it has to go in for something under warranty. 

Exactly...and even under warranty...just give me the fucking parts, I'll do it myself.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Exactly...and even under warranty...just give me the fucking parts, I'll do it myself.

I tried to do thjat with my 16 poo and the dealer would not give me the parts, they had to stop doing that. too many issues apparently :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

I tried to do thjat with my 16 poo and the dealer would not give me the parts, they had to stop doing that. too many issues apparently :dunno: 

Yeah cuz dumb fuck misdiagnosed the problem or fucked it up further by doing it himself. 

Good thing about Arctic cats is you can take the whole thing apart and put it back together with a 10mm wrench. That's 7D Engineering!

Just now, Kev144 said:

They probably did it for your own good.  Like when Ben stole the tool kit from Tool Kit's purchase.  He didn't want to feel responsible. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

They probably did it for your own good.  Like when Ben stole the tool kit from Tool Kit's purchase.  He didn't want to feel responsible. :lol: 

have you had a warranty claim in the 400 miles youve put on that sled in the years youve owned it? 

23 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

$9200 + tax + the ride.

You'd be sitting at 10+ for the new one.

Worth it.  

I still think I'm gonna end up reconfiguring a newer SXer.  Just not sure if it's Doo or Cat yet.  Both offer new challenges.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Worth it.  

I still think I'm gonna end up reconfiguring a newer SXer.  Just not sure if it's Doo or Cat yet.  Both offer new challenges.

the new doo RS will be the bees knees this year i think

Just now, Kev144 said:

have you had a warranty claim in the 400 miles youve put on that sled in the years youve owned it? 

Had two on my doo.  Just got parts from my dealer.  They win bigly doing this.....assuming they know you can fix it properly.  That might be your problem.  :lol: 

Race sleds don't come with warranties.  They figure, if you own a race sled, you should be able to fix it yourself.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Worth it.  

Just grab a VIN and see who it was originally sold through.  A lot of 18's haven't been raced.  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Holy moly, Georgie!!!

Windscreen large.jpg

That is a big windshield lol. We stopped at a friend's house on the way home and he got a measuring tape out to measure the sled. He said it's the same length as his Gade lol. I've got it in the garage and it looks massive compared to when I had my Gade in here

Just now, Kev144 said:

the new doo RS will be the bees knees this year i think

it was last year.  The year before they struggles with EFI mapping and clutching.  Still, I'd take a 18 RS anyday.  Just gotta re-route and re-weld the tunnel cooling crossover...and remap with new dome.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Just grab a VIN and see who it was originally sold through.  A lot of 18's haven't been raced.  

Nawww....  I'd rather pay more and get a zero miler.  

CC has a '19 I can get for 10,500. I'd swap out my clutching, gearing and skis..prolly shocks too.  Prolly make my SXer worth more.  "Fully trail converted to XC specs!"  List it on Craig's and prepare for the dildoes!  :wall: 

8 minutes ago, smokin george said:

That is a big windshield lol. We stopped at a friend's house on the way home and he got a measuring tape out to measure the sled. He said it's the same length as his Gade lol. I've got it in the garage and it looks massive compared to when I had my Gade in here

I told this story here but, we passed a couple of tank Doo's a couple years ago...then, about two corners up my buddy put his sled in the "pickers".  They stopped and pulled him out....then gave him a rag to wipe the egg off his face.  :lol: 

They are pretty much the same footprint as the non-two ups but, it looked YUUUGE  and it tugged his sled out of the trash like it was nothing.  it was impressive actually.

Nawww....  I'd rather pay more and get a zero miler.  

CC has a '19 I can get for 10,500. I'd swap out my clutching, gearing and skis..prolly shocks too.  Prolly make my SXer worth more.  "Fully trail converted to XC specs!"  List it on Craig's and prepare for the dildoes!  :wall: 

If you really want to step up your game you should get an xcr switchback... :news:

I told this story here but, we passed a couple of tank Doo's a couple years ago...then, about two corners up my buddy put his sled in the "pickers".  They stopped and pulled him out....then gave him a rag to wipe the egg off his face.  :lol: 

They are pretty much the same footprint as the non-two ups but, it looked YUUUGE  and it tugged his sled out of the trash like it was nothing.  it was impressive actually.

We had a Yammy 2-up 600 triple and called it the comfy couch. This thing will be the comfy comfy couch

7 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We had a Yammy 2-up 600 triple and called it the comfy couch. This thing will be the comfy comfy couch

As crazy as that windshield looks it will be flippity awesome riding down grades. I've really come to appreciate the high windshield at this stage of my life. :lol:

Just now, Anler said:

As crazy as that windshield looks it will be flippity awesome riding down grades. I've really come to appreciate the high windshield at this stage of my life. 

After I sold the one sled the wife said what if we miss sledding. I said let's just get a 2-up and try it that way and see how it goes. We've always been winter people and being retired and semi retired we can get out anytime