Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

On 4/23/2019 at 9:46 AM, f7ben said:

I'd just cook it slow and forego the sear. Its gonna cook pretty quick at 250. Doing a corn beef is no different than doing a normal brisket. It's a tough piece of meat and takes time to break down and get tender. 

Soaked in water overnight in fridge, to remove some salt. Rubbed with Montreal steak before placing on grill. I smoked it for 4 hours. Temp varied. Mostly at 250 but sometimes as high as 350 short time. Hard to keep the Weber kettle consistent. Used 2 big chunks of hickory and mesquite over the coals. 1 of each at first hour and then same again at second hour. Removed,wrapped in foil then in a cooler for 1/2 hour. Wife doesn't like corned beef but loved it. Also this was a corned beef brisket at only 3 pounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, racerdave said:

Soaked in water overnight in fridge, to remove some salt. Rubbed with Montreal steak before placing on grill. I smoked it for 4 hours. Temp varied. Mostly at 250 but sometimes as high as 350 short time. Hard to keep the Weber kettle consistent. Used 2 big chunks of hickory and mesquite over the coals. 1 of each at first hour and then same again at second hour. Removed,wrapped in foil then in a cooler for 1/2 hour. Wife doesn't like corned beef but loved it. Also this was a corned beef brisket at only 3 pounds.

Try the snake method in a kettle for consistent low temp smoking..has worked really well for me

• Like 2

Bacon turned out great. Sliced and vac sealed 24lb today and will try to do another 24lbs this afternoon. 

Did 40lbs of pork butt yesterday. I havent eaten any of that yet.

Those little balls next to the butts are bacon wrapped armadillo eggs. Those were fucking awesome

20190427_101912.jpg

20190426_213409.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Found 3 5lb pork shoulders at Aldi for a 1.99 a pound. @f7ben What are you doing with all of that food. Selling it? Filling everyone’s freezers? That looks like about 25 lbs of shoulder?

Was 40lbs of butt......had our annual beerfest yesterday and we have about 20lbs left over. I'll bring enough into work Monday to feed the guys in the shop. We're gonna sell 80lbs or so of the bacon

Edited by f7ben
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Finally are " upgrading " our old pos bbq to this pos lol. I like it and itll serve the purpose. I think I lost my eyebrows last weekend lighting our old one 

65985098_L.jpg

spg-2018_alt.jpg

That’s called a grill. BBQ is meat with bbq sauce on it.

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Those little balls next to the butts are bacon wrapped armadillo eggs.

Had to look these up. They look delicious, definitely going to make some! I have always wrapped my poppers with bacon, but I have a ton of sausage from my pigs, excellent way to utilize it! :saluting:

10 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Had to look these up. They look delicious, definitely going to make some! I have always wrapped my poppers with bacon, but I have a ton of sausage from my pigs, excellent way to utilize it! :saluting:

Yes....they were legit. The jalapenos were very spicy though. I like that but they were too spicy for some

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Oh. I thought you guys were posting everything in here lol 

Nope, you're fired, we dont grill up in here we BBQ..:lol:

Haha, Nice grill Andrew,.. season that fucker up and toss a couple steaks in it!:barbeque:

Edited by Rigid1
  • Haha 1

Fired up the Kettle tonight now that it's melted out of the snow and ice. It still had some partially used charcoal from last year to use. I love being able to shut it down when done and save the leftover charcoal for another time. Yup, I'm that tight :lol: 

20190430_170428.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Fired up the Kettle tonight now that it's melted out of the snow and ice. It still had some partially used charcoal from last year to use. I love being able to shut it down when done and save the leftover charcoal for another time. Yup, I'm that tight :lol: 

20190430_170428.jpg

That looks like a well seasoned grill. 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

20190430_170428.jpg

You'd skin a flea for it's hide and tallow?  :lol:

Neal

• Haha 3

Got a new smoker!!!!!!

Large 2 door upright commercial cooler. Stainless inside and out. Going to do a propane burner. It has adjustable racks and I'm going to add hanging rods as well. Thinking I can fit an easy 120lbs of sausage in this bitch!!!!  My buddy scored it at an auction and gave it to me!

• Like 4

On 5/2/2019 at 6:19 PM, f7ben said:

Got a new smoker!!!!!!

Large 2 door upright commercial cooler. Stainless inside and out. Going to do a propane burner. It has adjustable racks and I'm going to add hanging rods as well. Thinking I can fit an easy 120lbs of sausage in this bitch!!!!  My buddy scored it at an auction and gave it to me!

But it doesn’t use wood? 

EFC53FB6-F129-462C-BF2F-99853033AF90.gif

First hour at 275, then 6 hours at 215. Probably wrap it and raise it to 250 when I wake up?  Putting in a lot of apple chips the first hour and then no wood after that. I had them soaking in orange juice, onion,and garlic over night. It’s raining out, so the electric smoker is doing all of the work,while I’m inside drinking beer. 

2A309035-DD63-405C-B428-B6E891F535D6.jpeg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Alligash white!  Maine brews ftw!  :bc: 

It’s me new favorite eh. It must be others in this area as well. It’s on tap at a few restaurants and on the shelves of the liquor stores. I found it as cheap as $8 at a local grocery store for a 4 pack. It’s a bit spendy but it’s over 5% and I don’t drink that much anymore, so I mine as well drink the good stuff. My days of getting a 30 rack for $18 ,(for swill )are long gone. Fuck Spotted Cow, fuck @jammin , and fuck @SSFB Fuck Coors Lite and that Phaggit @f7ben:bc::ashamed:

• Sad 1