Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It’s me new favorite eh. It must be others in this area as well. It’s on tap at a few restaurants and on the shelves of the liquor stores. I found it as cheap as $8 at a local grocery store for a 4 pack. It’s a bit spendy but it’s over 5% and I don’t drink that much anymore, so I mine as well drink the good stuff. My days of getting a 30 rack for $18 ,(for swill )are long gone. Fuck Spotted Cow, fuck @jammin , and fuck @SSFB Fuck Coors Lite and that Phaggit @f7ben:bc::ashamed:

Im surprised their distribution network goes that far.  My favorite brew too, 10 bucks a 4 pack here.  They have some wood barreled stuff my father in law picked up recently, 20 bucks a 4 pack wtf. :lol: 

They have the white everywhere. This liquor store chain is big in this area, And they carry the entire Allagash line. I bet they have 200+ different beers on hand, plus a crazy wine and spirits inventory. $500 bottles of scotch ect. Not much you can’t get in the Chicago land area.https://www.binnys.com/

22 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It’s me new favorite eh. It must be others in this area as well. It’s on tap at a few restaurants and on the shelves of the liquor stores. I found it as cheap as $8 at a local grocery store for a 4 pack. It’s a bit spendy but it’s over 5% and I don’t drink that much anymore, so I mine as well drink the good stuff. My days of getting a 30 rack for $18 ,(for swill )are long gone. Fuck Spotted Cow, fuck @jammin , and fuck @SSFB Fuck Coors Lite and that Phaggit @f7ben:bc::ashamed:

I was drinking allagash when you were in diapers faggot......self immolate now

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Excellent.  Look good!!  I’ve gotten really good at smoking them at a higher heat.  Crispy and delish!!!!

I did a quick 325* hour and a half smoke,..nice and crisp, could bite right thru the skin..Hate rubbery slimy wings with a passion

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I did a quick 325* hour and a half smoke,..nice and crisp, could bite right thru the skin..Hate rubbery slimy wings with a passion

Yeah, it’s more of a “smoke infusion”.  I run 325-350 for about an hour then ramp up to.close to 500 for 20-30 mins then dip the wings in sauce (or re-season) then back on and cool it down.

I mean....fucking amazing and no fucking oil frying.

12B51D94-3B5D-414A-84C5-3F001C49D394.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, it’s more of a “smoke infusion”.  I run 325-350 for about an hour then ramp up to.close to 500 for 20-30 mins then dip the wings in sauce (or re-season) then back on and cool it down.

I mean....fucking amazing and no fucking oil frying.

12B51D94-3B5D-414A-84C5-3F001C49D394.jpeg

Exactly the way to do it if you ask me:bc::wings:

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Exactly the way to do it if you ask me:bc::wings:

Oh dude...once I figured out pthe code on smoking wings...it’s over.  There IS NO BETTER way to eat them.

I developed a butter based, lemon red pepper sauce toward the end of last year that I dipped half the wings in after the searing phase.  Hard to explain the taste.....but, you know those precious seconds of complete, thoughtless levity just after orgasm?  Kinda like that.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh dude...once I figured out pthe code on smoking wings...it’s over.  There IS NO BETTER way to eat them.

I developed a butter based, lemon red pepper sauce toward the end of last year that I dipped half the wings in after the searing phase.  Hard to explain the taste.....but, you know those precious seconds of complete, thoughtless levity just after orgasm?  Kinda like that.

I have this Sriracha Lime sauce I whip up every now and then,.. delicious,..but the kids don't like it..So tonight's was traditional Frank's wing sauce, kids scarfed them down.  Haha

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I have this Sriracha Lime sauce I whip up every now and then,.. delicious,..but the kids don't like it..So tonight's was traditional Frank's wing sauce, kids scarfed them down.  Haha

I like a vinegar heavy Frank's sauce. I've been using pickle juice with Frank's with some great results.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

That’s sounds good too.  Sriracha makes a nice base for a lot of sauces.  Let’s face it, if those wings are done right, just about anything on them tastes awesome.  I even did some plain wings last year with an apple wood smoke and just did salt and pepper.  Sweet fuck!  Mmmmmmmm.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I like a vinegar heavy Frank's sauce. I've been using pickle juice with Frank's with some great results.

I got an addiction to NC mustard and vinegar base bbq sauce when I was there.  Absolutely awesome on pulled pork.  Last smoke gathering I had, we went though a half gallon of it.  I also had a small bottle of regular red sauce but I encouraged everyone to try the mustard sauce first....I mean....I spent 11 fucking hours smoking these butts and you are going to dump some god damned Masterpiece shit on it? NO!  Nobody even touched the red. LOL.  Caught my buddy eating that mustard sauce with a plastic spoon!  Yuh...it’s that fucking good.

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
52 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That was some real good stuff

We are bringing 3 different versions to stores here locally.  When you got your jar, we only had the 181, but I have all my runs going back to 2012 and there were some real keepers in there.  I just need the fucking label guys to get the hell done, we have our FDA clearances all done (scheduled process).  I hope it sells, we will have 750 gallons to unload!  We are going to have a honey flavor, the 181, and an Old Bay flavored one (more regional here down by the Chesapeake).

Edited by Seatofmtpants
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seatofmtpants said:

We are bringing 3 different versions to stores here locally.  When you got your jar, we only had the 181, but I have all my runs going back to 2012 and there were some real keepers in there.  I just need the fucking label guys to get the hell done, we have our FDA clearances all done (scheduled process).  I hope it sells, we will have 750 gallons to unload!  We are going to have a honey flavor, the 181, and an Old Bay flavored one (more regional here down my the Chesapeake).

I love Old Bay...I bet the that sauce is great! :ylsuper: