Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i don't think the wagyu is worth it not much better than regular. local  place does both

He was sold out until Tuesday on the regular and had five or six wagyu sitting in the cooler. So there is probably some truth to that. 

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i don't think the wagyu is worth it not much better than regular. local  place does both

Yah....I'm paying about 3.50lb for whole Choice packers and the I cant tell the difference between them and the prime I have bought

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I've only had it once, and it was far superior to a comparable cut of Angus.  

I wish it would catch on better here, what we need is a crossbreed with Angus so we can have the carcass and ruggedness of the Angus but the meat qualities of Wagyu.

Neal

10 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I've only had it once, and it was far superior to a comparable cut of Angus.  

I wish it would catch on better here, what we need is a crossbreed with Angus so we can have the carcass and ruggedness of the Angus but the meat qualities of Wagyu.

Neal

I just cant see it making any difference at all in a brisket. Steak for sure but not something you are going to cook slow for 20 hours 

• Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I just cant see it making any difference at all in a brisket. Steak for sure but not something you are going to cook slow for 20 hours 

i've had the american wagyu steak and it's good,  i just didn't think the brisket is worth the upcharge.  

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The meat texture itself is more likely to be tender.  Which in most cases is desirable.  Temperature and length are not the only components, the physical makeup of the meat matters as well.  Poor loin versus pork butts for example.

Neal

7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The meat texture itself is more likely to be tender.  Which in most cases is desirable.  Temperature and length are not the only components, the physical makeup of the meat matters as well.  Poor loin versus pork butts for example.

Neal

The vast majority of competition brisket smokers are using prime or choice. Waygu is a gimmick according to most and I've paid a lot of attention. 

Like I said....in a steak for sure. I'd bet a weeks pay you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in a brisket

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The vast majority of competition brisket smokers are using prime or choice. Waygu is a gimmick according to most and I've paid a lot of attention. 

Like I said....in a steak for sure. I'd bet a weeks pay you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in a brisket

Looks like we have ourselves a FS smoke off. Get your place ready @jammin, the shit is about to go down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

nobody stands a chance....I'm legit

I’m going to take you out the night before. You are going to wake up with your head spinning, covered in glitter,and full of shame. You won’t stand a chance Lipshits.

I forgot how easy the snake method is @ckf

I picked this up while picking up the wife’s hanging flower baskets that she will never water. I didn’t know they  made apple wood. Typically, I always use lump charcoal.

E7044FA0-23B5-433F-AA37-E58908BCC31A.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I’m going to take you out the night before. You are going to wake up with your head spinning, covered in glitter,and full of shame. You won’t stand a chance Lipshits.

That's called Tuesday motherfucker

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That's called Tuesday motherfucker

I have mad skills dickdrip. I’m not impressed with your flea market vendor smoke trailer. I do quality not quantity. You will be killing yourself after I’m done with you. Make a will for your family.:burp: 6 hours on a Weber 18” Kettle  lipshits. 

B067F0FE-B3B6-41C1-BFB4-B5E18DBDA883.jpeg

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I have mad skills dickdrip. I’m not impressed with your flea market vendor smoke trailer. I do quality not quantity. You will be killing yourself after I’m done with you. Make a will for your family.:burp: 6 hours on a Weber 18” Kettle  lipshits. 

Need a nice wood cutting board.  :bc:

Neal

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Need a nice wood cutting board.  :bc:

Neal

I have a old school one that slides out of our cabinets. The wife doesn’t want me to use it and get it dirty.

1B457CA3-A839-4B04-B0F6-C52C1F386B00.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Dude....people be spitting your food out to get a bite of mine and payin for it.

I'll just get a big sign and hang it over your cook tent that says "smoked with electricity" and every will point and laugh and throw rotten veggies and call you a faggot. 

Motherfucker....your skills are 1 step above crockpot.

You're like the fucking instapot of smoking food.

Motherfucker.....you had to ask a guy who cooks ribs in a fucking crockpot how you should cook ribs

Kill yourself

DROPS MIC!1

• Haha 1