Check your account email address ×

First automobile??

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

1963 Ford Econoline…..(not this one but just like it)

IMG_2043.jpeg

Those remind me of Scooby Doo :lol:

Just now, Rigid1 said:

1983 Rabbit GTI..Loved that thing.

Screenshot_20240204-154858.png

Cool car :bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Hi powered 170 CI engine, 3 on a tree….lol

My parents had a Chevy 6 cyl two wheel drive pickup with a 3 on the tree that I drove for a while.

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

1973 Mazda RX3 twin rotor. The best part was the Pioneer Supertuner. I blew the motor just north of 120mph. Second car was a "73 Ford Gran Torino in green. 351 Cleveland that revved to the moon. 

Image.jpeg

Image 1.jpeg

still got a supertuner packed away somewhere, great unit

• Like 1

1963 Ford Fairlane. 6 cylinder, 3 speed standard. Too many speed shifts broke the column shifter off so a Hurst floor shifter went in. Way faster then. :wind:Heh.

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Early 80’s something 4 door orange dodge omni. Bought it my self at 15. 

When I was looking for my first car it was a toss up between the Rabbit GTI and the Omni GLH..

Man, we got to hang out, we have to many things in common, You're like my Brother from another mother .lol

• Like 1

First car I bought was a 70 gs 350!

mine was black and definitely not as nice as one pictured!!

first car dad gave me to start driving was a 64 park lane with 390 super marauder!

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1561.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ckf said:

What was your first car?

Mine was a 1976 VW Beetle in green. That car could go anywhere as long as it didn't bottom out, or need to get there fast. Especially in the mountains, lol

28985282-1976-volkswagen-beetle-thumb.jpg

Haha .. bringing back old memories. My  first car was a 68 beetle in blue.

I was a senior in high school...Replaced the clutch in auto shop at my school.... Pretty much required sliding  the whole engine back.... Do these kids even get their hands dirty these days?....

Tons of great memories in that car.. Skipped School a few days and picked up some of the girls at the bus stop and went drinking..:lmao:.... You wouldn't believe how many people I could fit in that little car....:lol: Also got it on two wheels several times making sharp turns in cul-de-sac's.    That car was a blast, one of my favs.    One time we kind of went off-roading with it to a local lookout point and I ripped the oil pan cover off.... I don't know if you remember but it was a little round plate.   Lost all the oil and a buddy of mine drove me with his car to a German repair shop at 11:30 at night and I stole one off of one of the vehicles they were working on in the parking lot, left a huge puddle of oil..... Crazy days And I should have been shot as a kid...   Bolted it on to mine, filled it with oil and I was good to go...oh man, so many more stories...thnx for jolting the memories :bc:.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

86 Mustang GT.

You're a youngster.... had an 87 GT but is was prolly my 4th or 5th car 

56 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Good to see you back!  🍻

X2

• Like 1

My first was a '77 F100 stepside box with stacks. 351m with a C6 auto. My dad bought it for me when I turned 17. I didn't get a job to pay for the fuel so my mom took it and traded it for '81 Capri hatchback with an I6 auto. We shared it for 3 years until I got booted by her insurance company for speeding tickets.

I bought an '81 Suzuki GS1100E at 19.

But the first car I ever bought with my money was a '71 Beetle for $1500. It was in tough shape, no heat. I bought an '81 Jimmy I6 with a 4 speed for that winter and sold the beetle the following spring. Only car I ever owned. Nothing but trucks since then.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sael said:

1963 Ford Fairlane. 6 cylinder, 3 speed standard. Too many speed shifts broke the column shifter off so a Hurst floor shifter went in. Way faster then. :wind:Heh.

You could buy those Hurst shifter kits at K-Mart back in the day…lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You could buy those Hurst shifter kits at K-Mart back in the day…lol

What is this KMart that you speak of :lol:

• Haha 1

Jeep Cherokee Country.  White with the gold/tan trim and interior instead of silver like most had.

No rust, no anti-lock brakes.

Once I figured out how to do burnouts in it, it was game over.  

I needed a set of cheap tires in the rear, because burnouts.  Fleet Farm had some super cheap stuff, like $35/tire mounted.  Those didn't make it 1500 miles.

Looked like this.

361qoq2W-rdcw-4kr2h-(edit).jpg?t=168312525155

• Like 2