Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner????

ckf

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't feel like going to the store... what can I make of what's in the fridge and pantry?  :lmao:

IMG_20240319_183348049.jpg

Spray a casserole dish lightly with cooking spray

Put the chicken/turkey in the dish

Cover the meat with mozzarella cheese

Mix the stuffing mix with half the jar of gravy 

Spread the stuffing mixture over the cheese

Bake 400*f for 30 minutes

Kind of like stove top bruschetta chicken bake??

• Like 1

Just now, Jerry 976 said:

Spray a casserole dish lightly with cooking spray

Put the chicken/turkey in the dish

Cover the meat with mozzarella cheese

Mix the stuffing mix with half the jar of gravy 

Spread the stuffing mixture over the cheese

Bake 400*f for 30 minutes

Kind of like stove top bruschetta chicken bake??

nope... made the stuffing, heated up the shredded broasted chicken with the gravy and put the chicken/gravy mix right on top the stuffing.  it wasn't horrible, but the sodium was off the chain. 

I'll blame the PBR for lack of creativity:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2024 at 6:06 PM, ckf said:

Our neighbor did a boiled dinner with a bear roast and brought us over dinner. Tasty :thumbsup:

Was doing some backreading and came across this one.  Has me curious as my parents do boiled dinner (my dad LOVES it) and I wonder how it compares from Wisconsin to Vermont?  The boiled dinner we have is a pot of meat (typically it's bone in pork) and then cabbage, potatoes, carrots and I think maybe rutabaga (I could be wrong on the last thing).  I don't know for sure if there's broth in it - I don't think so.  I just know that my dad puts a small amount of vinegar over it & somehow got us kids to buy into doing that too!! LOL

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Was doing some backreading and came across this one.  Has me curious as my parents do boiled dinner (my dad LOVES it) and I wonder how it compares from Wisconsin to Vermont?  The boiled dinner we have is a pot of meat (typically it's bone in pork) and then cabbage, potatoes, carrots and I think maybe rutabaga (I could be wrong on the last thing).  I don't know for sure if there's broth in it - I don't think so.  I just know that my dad puts a small amount of vinegar over it & somehow got us kids to buy into doing that too!! LOL

The traditional boiled dinner is listed below from Wikipedia. I've also had it with pork and ham.

We usually do corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots.

New England boiled dinner is a traditional New England meal, consisting of corned beef with cabbage and one or more root vegetables, such as potatoes, rutabagas, parsnips, carrots, turnips, or onions.[1] The leftovers are traditionally diced and fried into “red flannel hash” for breakfast the next day.[2] The dish resembles boiled beef from English cuisine, as well as a similar Newfoundland dish called a "Jiggs dinner"

Edited by ckf
  • Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

Grabbed some chicken bacon ranch quesadillas on my way out from Wednesday funday. Very good 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

French bread is fancy.

It doesn't come with TV dinners.

• Haha 1

A bunch of assorted seafood leftovers from last night. Not so great today. :lol:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Smoked some Ribs. Mac and cheese, and asparagus drowning in garlic butter.

Damn, I need a nap now.... :lol:

Geez I burped reading that!!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The Gospel seasoning ... love that stuff!

It was a toss up between the UTZ rub and the Gospel, figured I'd use the rest of the opened Gospel and keep the UTZ sealed.Both are great rubs

• Like 1

Pork chops, baked potatoes, and some salad.  I was going to make chili, but the wife took charge of meal planning for tonight :thumbsup:

• Like 3