Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

14 hours ago, ckf said:

Well, I found a deal on a chuck roast at Wally World the other day, so pot roast it is.

Has anyone tried smoking a chuck roast? Can you do them like pulled pork?

Made this a few times, turned out good. Substituted the guiness for root beer...  http://www.thewolfepit.com/2009/10/pepper-stout-beef.html

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, smokin george said:

I love smelts and haven't had any in years. We used to net them by the bushel when they ran

The seafood place we eat at had fresh and not frozen smelts. Eating them reminds me of eating them with my mom when we would bring an ass load of smelts home from Great Bay fishing an overnight tide. It was before today’s small limits.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The seafood place we eat at had fresh and not frozen smelts. Eating them reminds me of eating them with my mom when we would bring an ass load of smelts home from Great Bay fishing an overnight tide. It was before today’s small limits.

I haven't heard from anybody that they went for smelts here like we used to. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

And before the city of Portsmouth dumped their raw sewerage in there. Fucking democrats are disgusting animals.

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

15 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I haven't heard from anybody that they went for smelts here like we used to. 

They used to run thick here out of Lake Michigan into Lake Charlevoix and up creeks and guys would catch them ice fishing.....all gone now. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

They used to run thick here out of Lake Michigan into Lake Charlevoix and up creeks and guys would catch them ice fishing.....all gone now. 

That's what I think has happened here as well

Good read...biologists aren't 100% sure the reason for the decline although the introduction of Zebra Mussels as an invasive species is part of the answer. Also interesting that the Rainbow Smelt was an invasive species in Lake Michigan back in 1912.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/04/04/great-lakes-smelt-decline-lake-michigan-invasive/25292463/

44 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Haven't has smelt in a long time. Use to get them up at my biddies place on lake Huron up in tbe thumb. Use to be able to get smelt at Chicken Shack, but not anymore. 

• Like 1

Took Mom (and dad and my wife and son) to Lucky's Steakhouse tonight to celebrate her 79th.  Mom had a ribeye. Dad wasn't that hungry. Ordered and hamburger and loaded baked potato soup. Wife had prime rib and baby back ribs.  Son had full slab of baby backs. I ordered 24oz prime rib. Awesome dinner and we had a great server (and she was hot as fuck too. Little brunette spinner with glasses. Sorry, no pics. I wish) 

• Like 5

Broiled Salmon, Mahi Mahi, rice (I always jazz it up with a little butter, Lowreys garlic salt and parmesan cheese) and asparagus pan roasted in garlic and butter. 2 glasses of milk :bc:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Broiled Salmon, Mahi Mahi, rice (I always jazz it up with a little butter, Lowreys garlic salt and parmesan cheese) and asparagus pan roasted in garlic and butter. 2 glasses of milk :bc:

Shit like this makes me wanna punch you in your fancy face.  Fucking hoity toity Marine snobbery.

"Hmmm....yes, quite."

Image result for british officer mash

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Shit like this makes me wanna punch you in your fancy face.  Fucking hoity toity Marine snobbery.

"Hmmm....yes, quite."

Image result for british officer mash

:lmao:

:finger::fuckyou: