Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

We've been snacking all day so no real need for a full dinner. Wife had bought some fully cooked( breaded) chicken and thru it in the Actifry. It was pretty good. I baked a cheesecake and putting the toppings/glaze on tomorrow for a neighbourhood party at the end of the street. The hostess made another 4 cakes lol and mine might be a little inferior in looks but dynamic in taste lol. The party started tonight and ends on Sunday and I think a few will be walking a little slow tomorrow lol

20190816_185614.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Easy peasy cheesecake!. 2 cups Graham crumbs, a tbsp of sugar and some butter so the crumbs are moist ( I microwave it all till the butter melts and can moisten all the crumbs) place in a springform pan and spread out and pack down with the back of a spoon. For the cake 2 pkgs of cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 3 eggs, a tub of sour cream and a tbsp of vanilla. I leave the ingredients out for a couple hours to start.  I beat tihe sugar/cheese for a few mins then beat in an egg at a time,beat in the sour cream then the vanilla. Pour into the pan and bake for 1hr 10 min at 375 or until golden brown. Let cool the n top with whatever you choose and glaze if you want. Best served at room temp once out of the fridge

20190817_082738.jpg

Edited by smokin george
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Last night was short ribs , corn on the cob , twice baked potatoes and greenbeans from the garden

Any local corn out yet down your way? 

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

yes, been out for about 3 weeks now. Had some real sweet butter / sugar last night.

It's probably out here to and I just haven't noticed the signs at the farm stands.  I know they were at least 2-3 weeks behind in their planting this year around here.

40 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's probably out here to and I just haven't noticed the signs at the farm stands.  I know they were at least 2-3 weeks behind in their planting this year around here.

We were at a neighbourhood party yesterday and the corn they had was good. I see signs with sweet corn everywhere but leary on buying any

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

We were at a neighbourhood party yesterday and the corn they had was good. I see signs with sweet corn everywhere but leary on buying any

The old saying around here is that the corn is knee high by the 4th of July.  This year it was barley ankle high by the 4th of July.

Nicole just informed me that she has seen a few places with fresh sweet corn signs over the past week.  We'll pick some up next time we are out and give it a try.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

The old saying around here is that the corn is knee high by the 4th of July.  This year it was barley ankle high by the 4th of July.

Nicole just informed me that she has seen a few places with fresh sweet corn signs over the past week.  We'll pick some up next time we are out and give it a try.

That's funny. WE were in barnstead for the 4th of july and my wife said " its supposed to be knee high by the forth of July , but its only ankle high"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

One of my coworkers dropped off a few hundred ears at the shop the other day because he can’t get rid of it all. He had to plant late,but it’s been a bumper crop. They planted more than normal,because they thought there would be a shortage?

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, smokin george said:

We've been snacking all day so no real need for a full dinner. Wife had bought some fully cooked( breaded) chicken and thru it in the Actifry. It was pretty good. I baked a cheesecake and putting the toppings/glaze on tomorrow for a neighbourhood party at the end of the street. The hostess made another 4 cakes lol and mine might be a little inferior in looks but dynamic in taste lol. The party started tonight and ends on Sunday and I think a few will be walking a little slow tomorrow lol

20190816_185614.jpg

On 8/16/2019 at 8:29 PM, smokin george said:

Easy peasy cheesecake!. 2 cups Graham crumbs, a tbsp of sugar and some butter so the crumbs are moist ( I microwave it all till the butter melts and can moisten all the crumbs) place in a springform pan and spread out and pack down with the back of a spoon. For the cake 2 pkgs of cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 3 eggs, a tub of sour cream and a tbsp of vanilla. I leave the ingredients out for a couple hours to start.  I beat tihe sugar/cheese for a few mins then beat in an egg at a time,beat in the sour cream then the vanilla. Pour into the pan and bake for 1hr 10 min at 375 or until golden brown. Let cool the n top with whatever you choose and glaze if you want. Best served at room temp once out of the fridge

20190817_082738.jpg

You'd make someone a good wife George.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Barbecue marinated pork loin on the grill, fresh picked corn, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.

I love the fresh veggies in the summer :thumb:

44 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

chicken grilled with mike

s Memphis sauce. Corn on the cob. Summer squash casserole. 

How was the Memphis on the chicken? 

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I make lots of this. Pasquale does it right. I actually think it’s Vince...lol

Thanks for posting. Nicole and I were just talking about trying eggplant parm a few days ago.