Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

37 minutes ago, ckf said:

Baked beans, hot dogs and cornbread.

I told the wife I wanted weiners and beans one night and that's what I got. I should've said hotdogs with some beans lol. Once in awhile we"ll have chili dogs for dinner. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Canned now. When I took it out of the fridge it looked like shit , so  its chicken food now.

The fresh corn at the supermarkets must be coming out of Florida this time of year. The further north it gets the better it gets. By the time it gets to Jersey it's pretty dang good. 🌽

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

All I could eat fish and chips at the local pub. Nap for dessert! 

That sounds damn good.  We have 2 great fish and chip places in the Cities that I could eat at daily, given the opportunity.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, ckf said:

The fresh corn at the supermarkets must be coming out of Florida this time of year. The further north it gets the better it gets. By the time it gets to Jersey it's pretty dang good. 🌽

Yep fla. This was ok when I bought it last weekend. Obviously didn't eat it quick enough.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ckf said:

It'll depend on variety over growing location for how good it tastes.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It'll depend on variety over growing location for how good it tastes. 

I'm sure that is part of it. It just seems like it gets fresher as it gets closer.

6 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Was going the macaroni salad route ..ended up with garlic bread ,shrimp and ceasar salad 

It's nice to get back to summer meals :bc:

• Like 1