Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

34 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Like you can wait 75 minutes to eat a steak..... :lol:

I plan ahead. Smoking anything takes awhile. If the meats over 1.5 inches thick I do it that way unless it's a filet. Those I do in the oven. Haven't had a steak like that since last fall. These days its a couple steak tips or a small sirloin every week or 2. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Couple dogs, salt potatoes, home made pickles 

DSC_1055.JPG

lol that is what I had so e ambasidor old fashond hot dogs no green shot on my dog but did have the vinegar and sea salt chips and some spicy dills from the farmers market 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Couple dogs, salt potatoes, home made pickles 

DSC_1055.JPG

I need to try salt potatoes sometime. I'd never even heard of them until @01mxz800 mentioned them last summer.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, ckf said:

I need to try salt potatoes sometime. I'd never even heard of them until @01mxz800 mentioned them last summer.

PM me an address, ill ups a couple bags out to ya..:bc:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

It's a western NY thing :bc:

Nooooo, Syracuse or Central NY thing, everywhere else is just riding our coattails..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wut da Fruck are "salt potatoes"?

http://hinerwadels.com/salt-potatoes/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_potatoes

Salt potatoes are a regional dish of Syracuse, New York, typically served in the summer when the young potatoes are first harvested. They are a staple food at fairs and barbecues. In the Central New York region where they are the most popular, potatoes specifically intended for salt potatoes can be purchased by the bag along with packages of salt.[1]

As the potatoes cook, the salty water forms a crust on the skin and seals the potatoes so they never taste waterlogged, as ordinary boiled potatoes often do. The potatoes have a unique texture closer to fluffy baked potatoes, only creamier.[1] The standard recipe calls for one pound of salt for every four pounds of potatoes.[2]

Just now, Zambroski said:

HUh.  Interesting.  Sound good as shit.  1lb of salt per 4lbs of taters though?  HOLY MOLY!  Just reading that made my BP go to stroke levels!

They are great, a little drawn butter on-top.. fuck me!!

If you are ever planning a bbq, hit me up Ill send you a couple bags out, your guests will be like WTF is this, then OMG, delicious!!..

9 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I'm not big on salt so no thanks.

I'm not as big on it as I used to be, but there are times when I'm looking for a salty snack. One of my favorites is fresh popped popcorn with M&M's. Salty sweet all in the same package :thumb:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I'm not as big on it as I used to be, but there are times when I'm looking for a salty snack. One of my favorites is fresh popped popcorn with M&M's. Salty sweet all in the same package :thumb:

Wtf? O.o

3 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

Wtf? O.o

You've never tried popcorn and chocolate? I think it was popcorn and snocaps that used to be popular at the movie theater :dunno:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

You've never tried popcorn and chocolate? I think it was popcorn and snocaps that used to be popular at the movie theater :dunno:

Nooooo!

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

Try it sometime :bc:

Not big on chocolate. :bc:

18 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Crockpotfuckstick's favorite. Crock pot ribs :flush:

IMG_20170726_191930384.thumb.jpg.37d1cdabe380d4b6e7e2a1e5e0732e5e.jpg

Good God they were terrible. 

Learn how to cook. :bc: