Check your account email address ×

Official how many sleds have you wrecked ?thread

Shifty

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's funny how everyone is defining "wrecked" differently.  If we defined it as this, the numbers would go up exponentially for all of us:

Wrecked- Damaged during riding and definitely needing repairs in order to be made safe to ride again before the next ride.

*I've bent 2 tunnels but dealer replaced both of them so not counting that as a wreck.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It's funny how everyone is defining "wrecked" differently.  If we defined it as this, the numbers would go up exponentially for all of us:

Wrecked- Damaged during riding and definitely needing repairs in order to be made safe to ride again before the next ride.

Then I've never wrecked a sled. Only sled I ever damaged was my '97 ZRT800 when I hit the local groomer 10 minutes from my house. Took the blade dead center of the hood, cleaned off one spark plug. I limped it back home, changed the plug and bungee corded the hood back in place. I order a new hood from the Cat dealer the next day for $875. Rode it for 2 weeks with the hood duct taped/bungee corded in place waiting for the hood.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

So if you broke an a-arm you wrecked? Your definition is pretty dumb tbh

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

So if you broke an a-arm you wrecked? Your definition is pretty dumb tbh

By that definition bending or ripping a carbide off is considered wrecking a sled. It should say if the damage is so bad it hurts you to much to pay out of pocket so you use insurance. That’s wrecked in my mind lol

8 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

By that definition bending or ripping a carbide off is considered wrecking a sled. It should say if the damage is so bad it hurts you to much to pay out of pocket so you use insurance. That’s wrecked in my mind lol

How do you figure that?  And if I needed to carry insurance on a motorsports vehicle, I can't afford to be in the sport.

Jesus.  Some of you people need comprehension help.....and a slice or two more of humor in your lives.  Tards!  :lol: 

21 hours ago, Highmark said:

Cosmetic only.   Never totaled one.   Not even close as far as damage is concerned.   Had my shard of scare's but always avoided anything serious. 

Out of 30 plus sleds over my life likely only replaced plastic parts from crashes on 1 or 2.  Never had to replace a bumper or trailing arm or A arm.

yer not riding hard enough.                                                                                                                                                              :gm:

• Gold Member
39 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

How do you figure that?  And if I needed to carry insurance on a motorsports vehicle, I can't afford to be in the sport.

Jesus.  Some of you people need comprehension help.....and a slice or two more of humor in your lives.  Tards!  :lol: 

It said 

Wrecked- Damaged during riding and definitely needing repairs in order to be made safe to ride again before the next ride.”

so by that definition if a carbide is ripped off it is technically unsafe to ride so that’s how I figure that.

I guess the joke wasn’t translating over the inter webs :dunno: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, old indy said:

yer not riding hard enough.                                                                                                                                                              :gm:

No, I'm just that damn good.  :lmao:

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

Just one. Elec company decided to plow the power line and I hit a 7 foot pile of snow going 70. Woke up on the ground with a concussion. Only like 900 damage to the sled if you didn’t count the cracked hood. :lol: 

• Gold Member
15 hours ago, Zambroski said:

That was my definition.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

It said 

Wrecked- Damaged during riding and definitely needing repairs in order to be made safe to ride again before the next ride.”

so by that definition if a carbide is ripped off it is technically unsafe to ride so that’s how I figure that.

I guess the joke wasn’t translating over the inter webs :dunno: 

So like, If I rolled it over and crushed my windshield, does that make it unsafe also?

Skis have keels.  Helmets have face shields.      (Or use goggles).

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

What more likely, we all have a bad sense of humor or you're just not that funny? :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

i would hope you carry liability.  on a 15k sled i'm carrying full coverage but is $200 here for that.  don't even have my amount for the Pro but I am guessing $40 more for full coverage vs liability only.  My liability umbrella requires me to have liability on that sort of thing so not insuring is not an option.   

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i would hope you carry liability.  on a 15k sled i'm carrying full coverage but is $200 here for that.  don't even have my amount for the Pro but I am guessing $40 more for full coverage vs liability only.  My liability umbrella requires me to have liability on that sort of thing so not insuring is not an option.   

I carry a pretty comprehensive umbrella policy that covers just about everything short of felony actions or competition events.  I don't insure my sleds. 

In 88, ruined a 83 500 GS - slid thru corner hit tree, I catapulted over small 10ft drop (sled stayed stuffed into tree) and I landed butt first onto boulder, broke my back and the sled. Messed up my physical life for 15 years. Bad. I still have some issues, but I can ride again. Thank god. Nothing like it.

I lived thru my accident, some I knew didn’t with theirs.