Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

46 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

My buddy has them in his '17. They replaced them once for free, but told him if they break again, he's not getting any more.  I made him something better out of some stainless steel 3/8 bolts and nuts. 

I have the Doo tunnel mounted ones on my '17 Renegade.  Never had any issues with them. 

i sucked one into the track when the gas can i had strapped came off but otherwise the tunnel mounted were pretty good

Can’t wait to ride this year, I did so much shit to my sled I’d probably call it a “build”.

16” x 1.75” x 137” track

Pilot 6.9 skis

Woodys 6”  4” outside carbide

Fox Zero Pro Shock 

Garmin 276cx GPS 

Syllaber LED Headlights 

Ski Doo knee pads 

Ski Doo Rear view mirrors 

Ski Doo Adjustable riser

Ski Doo Handlebar grab handle 

Ski Doo Linq Bag 

Ski Doo Linq gas can 

New belt 

Lower gearing 

Heavier rear Springs.

92A43A3D-FE21-47B5-95F2-AF602738DCA8.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Can’t wait to ride this year, I did so much shit to my sled I’d probably call it a “build”.

16” x 1.75” x 137” track

Pilot 6.9 skis

Fox Zero Pro Shock 

Garmin 276cx GPS 

Syllaber LED Headlights 

Ski Doo knee pads 

Ski Doo Adjustable riser

Ski Doo Linq Bag 

Ski Doo Linq gas can 

New belt 

Lower gearing 

Heavier rear Springs.

Looks about the same as my list minus a few things on the XRS :bc: 

went with shaper bar 7.5s which I use on every sled. Love them on trail and in my experience they really improve stock ski handling especially when set up properly. Put the shit stockers on the outside. Bergstrom shims too.

I went with the skinz knee pads. Love their products, doo knee pads are hard rubber. Alpha 3 LEDs are nice but it’s a tight fit with those drivers under the glovebox.

Also trying the new 571 doo belt for the 850. See how that goes. Stock was 531. 

C2C3E344-DC15-4AE8-B36E-2C26E5A0B86E.jpeg

B9118385-B111-48C0-8A31-47B0B490BBAC.jpeg

CDD01DE6-7D11-42BD-9826-3DD196317B14.jpeg

Edited by thewayout
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, thewayout said:

I sat on a 2020 XCR at the local dealer and after being on the xrs a few times there’s no doubt which chassis has the better riding position. Poo by a mile.

I pulled the assault in the garage today. I almost forgot how sexy that mother fucker is. 

12 minutes ago, thewayout said:

I sat on a 2020 XCR at the local dealer and after being on the xrs a few times there’s no doubt which chassis has the better riding position. Poo by a mile.

A couple of my friends wrapped their to look like a 1996 XCR440.  I think 1996 at least.  

Just now, thewayout said:

$15,300 for this snowcheck a guy bailed on. Before tax, studs, storage, registration, etc etc. crazy

EE025219-9A94-42DA-A34F-C3A76CE7D141.jpeg

I want the switchback. Kip has an 850 in black. I'm planning on snow checking this spring but if I see one somewhere it could be hard to resist. 

6 minutes ago, thewayout said:

$15,300 for this snowcheck a guy bailed on. Before tax, studs, storage, registration, etc etc. crazy

Converts to  $20,343.65 CAD :yikes:

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

16” x 1.75” x 137” track

Pilot 6.9 skis

Fox Zero Pro Shock 

Garmin 276cx GPS 

Syllaber LED Headlights 

Ski Doo knee pads 

Ski Doo Adjustable riser

Ski Doo Linq Bag 

Ski Doo Linq gas can 

New belt 

Lower gearing 

Heavier rear Springs.

Never heard of those. Where did you get then and how much? 

Oh, and get rid of those warning decals already 

:snack:

51 minutes ago, thewayout said:

That's insane 

49 minutes ago, Anler said:

I want the switchback. Kip has an 850 in black. I'm planning on snow checking this spring but if I see one somewhere it could be hard to resist. 

That guy sounds like a Jew with his prices.

7 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Oh, and get rid of those warning decals already 

:snack:

That's insane 

That guy sounds like a Jew with his prices.

https://www.siicompany.com/products/powersport-led-kit-atv-dirtbike-motorcycle-snowmobile

make sure to get the Gen 3 alphas. They just came out and are even better then before. 5 year warranty now too on the gen 3 only. :bc: 

Edited by thewayout

8 hours ago, thewayout said:

Looks about the same as my list minus a few things on the XRS :bc: 

went with shaper bar 7.5s which I use on every sled. Love them on trail and in my experience they really improve stock ski handling especially when set up properly. Put the shit stockers on the outside. Bergstrom shims too.

I went with the skinz knee pads. Love their products, doo knee pads are hard rubber. Alpha 3 LEDs are nice but it’s a tight fit with those drivers under the glovebox.

Also trying the new 571 doo belt for the 850. See how that goes. Stock was 531. 

C2C3E344-DC15-4AE8-B36E-2C26E5A0B86E.jpeg

B9118385-B111-48C0-8A31-47B0B490BBAC.jpeg

CDD01DE6-7D11-42BD-9826-3DD196317B14.jpeg

Let me know how you like those knee pads.  Not super impressed with the SkiDoo ones for 85 bucks.  Had to put bigger darts in too, the ones it came with were useless.  Mine has manual reverse, so you had to take that linkage all apart to mount these, which I wasn’t super crazy about doing.  I did the same thing with my stock carbides, took Bens advice.  I like a light steering effort, and usually don’t go more than 6”, plus being a 4 stroke, its a little heavier in the front end to begin with.  :bc: 

8 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Damn that's a good looking sled!

IMG_1340.JPG

Man those early XCRs were little rippers.  Fastest way around a tight trail.  I had a 96 XCR440SP for a while with the handlebar mounted knob. Raced a few Sno-x on it.  Buddy let me borrow it to race initially, said no problem, but if you crash it you bought it.  I crashed it.  :lol: 

7 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

About 150 US.  Came from Alberta Canada.  Plug and play.  There is a good youtube on them.  They’re on their 3rd generation I guess.  Very impressed with the difference from stock.  

https://www.siicompany.com/products/powersport-led-kit-atv-dirtbike-motorcycle-snowmobile

Edited by DriftBusta

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Let me know how you like those knee pads.  Not super impressed with the SkiDoo ones for 85 bucks.  Had to put bigger darts in too, the ones it came with were useless.  Mine has manual reverse, so you had to take that linkage all apart to mount these, which I wasn’t super crazy about doing.  I did the same thing with my stock carbides, took Bens advice.  I like a light steering effort, and usually don’t go more than 6”, plus being a 4 stroke, its a little heavier in the front end to begin with.  :bc: 

Man those early XCRs were little rippers.  Fastest way around a tight trail.  I had a 96 XCR440SP for a while with the handlebar mounted knob. Raced a few Sno-x on it.  Buddy let me borrow it to race initially, said no problem, but if you crash it you bought it.  I crashed it.  :lol: 

About 150 US.  Came from Alberta Canada.  Plug and play.  There is a good youtube on them.  They’re on their 3rd generation I guess.  Very impressed with the difference from stock.  

Will do :bc: 

when I saw the doo ones and what they charged for them, I decided to go another route. They looked too stiff and small to really make a difference to me. I’d be curious if you like them.

These skinz pads were $70 only and are extremely comfortable when just sitting on the sled. Huge difference. 

12 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Will do :bc: 

when I saw the doo ones and what they charged for them, I decided to go another route. They looked too stiff and small to really make a difference to me. I’d be curious if you like them.

These skinz pads were $70 only and are extremely comfortable when just sitting on the sled. Huge difference. 

Skinz makes quality stuff. Good choice. I have the klim kewenaw  bibs that have knee pads built right in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Skinz makes quality stuff. Good choice. I have the klim kewenaw  bibs that have knee pads built right in.

I had a skinz tunnel bag on my axys and loved it. They do make great stuff and all of it that I’ve had has been good quality :bc: