Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I mean, certain financing can be beneficial and I get that but, for the most part, I think everyone should work on being debt free.  It can start small and NOT financing toys is a good start.

:bc:

I don’t know how the fuck you guys can stand not being able to ride without having to go through all that fucking hoo-has just to go for a rip.  

I stole that Ski-Doo not five minutes earlier.  :lol:

Interest rates on toys is fudiculous most of the time  

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t know how the fuck you guys can stand not being able to ride without having to go through all that fucking hoo-has just to go for a rip.  

It is actually kind of nice not having to deal with the snow at home.  Just go drive and play for a few days.  Come back, no shoveling to deal with, roads are clear, traffic is normal.  Leave the sled in the truck and gear loaded.  Then go back up and mess your stuff up again.

I actually got in quite a bit of riding down here last year.

Edited by teamgreen02

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

It is actually kind of nice not having to deal with the snow at home.  Just go drive and play for a few days.  Come back, no shoveling to deal with, roads are clear, traffic is normal.  Leave the sled in the truck and gear loaded.  Then go back up and mess your stuff up again.

I actually got in quite a bit of riding down here last year.  Rode pretty much every weekend from January through March

I hate windshield time.  Let alone all the loading up bullshit.  Then, feel like you have to put on a 200 mile day or two to justify it all.

Eeeesh.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I hate windshield time.  Let alone all the loading up bullshit.  Then, feel like you have to put on a 200 mile day or two to justify it all.

Eeeesh.

Usually 150+ per day but I'd settle for running your 50 mile loop twice.  Over 200 gets to be tough unless the trails stay in nice shape.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Eeeesh.

If I didn’t own my camp, one week a year,I would be on a plane headed west. 

53 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Interest rates on toys is fudiculous most of the time  

I like the Doo don't pay for a year or finance afterwards. I got $14,200 for the old sleds so basically $2800 difference. I might as well keep my money till then lol

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I like the Doo don't pay for a year or finance afterwards. I got $14,200 for the old sleds so basically $2800 difference. I might as well keep my money till then lol

As long as there's no catch to it or penalty for early payment it's for sure great. I'm pretty sure he told me the interest rate thru whoever they use was 7.99%.  Yea fuck that  :flush:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Eeeesh.

Bro and I travel about 375 miles each way, most weekends 12/15-3/31.  Still love to ride and riding is top notch where we go.  Yeah its a little fucked up. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Bro and I travel about 375 miles each way, most weekends 12/15-3/31.  Still love to ride and riding is top notch where we go.  Yeah its a little fucked up. :lol: 

I just moved to the fucking trail system.  We’re both hardcore sledders!!!!  :lmao:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

375 miles is a long ways.  For me to the best riding area is 275 miles if I leave from work Thursday night.

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That's 1 mile less than one of my favorite places to stay. It's well worth it tho. No restaurant, but each unit has a full kitchen and gas pump on site.  @Edmo has stayed there. Great starting point. 

I've driven to Curtis (343 miles one way from my old house) many times on Saturday morning (or late Friday night) rode Saturday and Sunday to about 2 and head home. Done that many times. We don't dilly dally around on those trips.  Saturday was 300-325. Sunday another 150-200. Makes the drive worth it.  I've left my house and driven to places in the norther lower 2-2 1/2 hours N.  Ripped off a quick 200, then head home same day. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

375 miles is a long ways.  For me to the best riding area is 275 miles if I leave from work Thursday night.

Fortunately we have the kind of schedules where we can pretty much bug out anytime we want as long as things get done early.  Thats nice, many Thursdays have been turning into Weds after works.  :lol:  We generally like to get 3-3 1/2 days of riding in that time

7 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That's 1 mile less than one of my favorite places to stay. It's well worth it tho. No restaurant, but each unit has a full kitchen and gas pump on site.  @Edmo has stayed there. Great starting point. 

I've driven to Curtis (343 miles one way from my old house) many times on Saturday morning (or late Friday night) rode Saturday and Sunday to about 2 and head home. Done that many times. We don't dilly dally around on those trips.  Saturday was 300-325. Sunday another 150-200. Makes the drive worth it.  I've left my house and driven to places in the norther lower 2-2 1/2 hours N.  Ripped off a quick 200, then head home same day. 

Very similar then.  Don’t always ride every Sunday, kind of depends on how the previous 2-3 days went.  Sometimes we’re just blown out by Sunday. :lol:   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

I run the NSST section of that. The trail got gradually worse and icier as I got towards Duluth.

It’s a major trail head from Martin road going north.  Even after grooming, by about 10:00 am, it’s pretty hammered.  That’s why I head out around 10:30.  That section gets pretty empty because everyone has already put in and headed north to TH or the lake...leaving behind a hot fucking mess.  

YUMMY!  That’s the good stuff, bro!!!!