Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

7 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I'll spend the extra few grand to bot have something with 3k miles on it and clapped out shocks. 

Why did you buy a brand new truck when a traverse would have been good enough for you?

Clapped out shocks :lol: you know they’re rebuildable right? Lolz. “I’ll spend 3k more to have fresh shocks!!”

You can spend your money however you want, I find value in buying  a sled that’s year or two old and when I flip it after a few years I don’t lose much at all. 

I bought a new truck because I also got a great deal on it. I tow more sleds and bigger boats then you do with yours :news: 

Edited by thewayout

Just now, thewayout said:

Clapped out shocks :lol: you know they’re rebuildable right? Lolz.

You can spend your money however you want, I find value in buying  a sled that’s year or two old and when I flip it after a few years I don’t lose much at all. 

I bought a new truck because I also got a great deal on it. I tow more sleds and bigger boats then you do with yours :news: 

Yeah they are rebuildable but fuck those things I got velocitys now bitch. 

Like fuck you tow more then I do. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thewayout said:

https://www.siicompany.com/products/powersport-led-kit-atv-dirtbike-motorcycle-snowmobile

make sure to get the Gen 3 alphas. They just came out and are even better then before. 5 year warranty now too on the gen 3 only. :bc: 

I already know about those 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Let me know how you like those knee pads.  Not super impressed with the SkiDoo ones for 85 bucks.  Had to put bigger darts in too, the ones it came with were useless.  Mine has manual reverse, so you had to take that linkage all apart to mount these, which I wasn’t super crazy about doing.  I did the same thing with my stock carbides, took Bens advice.  I like a light steering effort, and usually don’t go more than 6”, plus being a 4 stroke, its a little heavier in the front end to begin with.  :bc: 

Man those early XCRs were little rippers.  Fastest way around a tight trail.  I had a 96 XCR440SP for a while with the handlebar mounted knob. Raced a few Sno-x on it.  Buddy let me borrow it to race initially, said no problem, but if you crash it you bought it.  I crashed it.  :lol: 

About 150 US.  Came from Alberta Canada.  Plug and play.  There is a good youtube on them.  They’re on their 3rd generation I guess.  Very impressed with the difference from stock.  

https://www.siicompany.com/products/powersport-led-kit-atv-dirtbike-motorcycle-snowmobile

$85? Holy fuck they hosed you on those. I think I only paid $55. Not as thick as I had hoped they would be, but I'll give them a try.  

This one was at Novi show.  Fucking mint 

IMG_20191101_204733118.thumb.jpg.3b9eb2ad45abf3b84b5ebf3576614cd7.jpg

I've seen those before.  Just didn't recognize the name you typed :dunno:

1 hour ago, s pump said:

Truth be told, most of the guys on here couldn't tell the difference between A 93XLT and I twenny twenny XRS on the trail.

915195233_giphy.gif.cf(4).gif.59de69fb77e4a0f3ddae90fb7e4a732e.gif

55 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The $10k mark is a good jumping off price point, IMO.  I think my last new snowcheck was 12,500 out the door.  My next sled was a season old with 400 miles.  The guy wrote a $4k check to the bank for payoff with me sitting right next to him.  I think he was kind of mad at me about it too.  Like most shit, if you can swing the cash, do so.

That's the only way I pay for toys. If I can't pay cash for it , I don't have to have it. 

• Like 1

I had to replace two bearings in the DD of 07 cf600. I got super lucky and had a new bdx bearing from my 09 m8 I used to have and it was one of the ones I needed and then other was a stock bearing I had at work. So no money out other than for a gasket which was $15. All back together with some fresh fluid.

Thanks to @f7ben for the guidance and patience to answer all my questions!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:dunno:   I paid the price listed.  If I wanted to get hosed I’d buy another set of SkiDoo LEDs.  These are bright as fuck.

I was talking about the knee pads.  I forgot , you have the wide body and those are a little bit more than the narrow body.  :bc:

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I was talking about the knee pads.  I forgot , you have the wide body and those are a little bit more than the narrow body.  :bc:

Ahh.  Yeah the knee pads also cover the reverse lever, and use different hardware.  Still overpriced and under engineered.

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Well, it’s not really about being a “good financial decision”.  Hobbies cost what they cost but, we should be thinking about the diminishing returns.  Is that new $15k sled going to bring a person more happiness than a year or two older, low mileage metal at almost half the cost?  I don’t see how.  

“Look at me!  I got the latest and greatest!!”  Pffft.....Keeping up with the Joneses in motorsports?  LOL!!!  That’s poor man’s idiocy to me....and a way of thinking that is a damn good way to be a life long slave to the banking empires.

$15k for the sled and then another $5k+ in gas, oil, hotels, trailer, food, etc. to even buy able to ride the thing.

5 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That's the only way I pay for toys. If I can't pay cash for it , I don't have to have it. 

I mean, certain financing can be beneficial and I get that but, for the most part, I think everyone should work on being debt free.  It can start small and NOT financing toys is a good start.

:bc:

43 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

$15k for the sled and then another $5k+ in gas, oil, hotels, trailer, food, etc. to even buy able to ride the thing.

I don’t know how the fuck you guys can stand not being able to ride without having to go through all that fucking hoo-has just to go for a rip.  

38 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Found this on Zuckerbook.  Reminds me of my youth.

No photo description available.

I stole that Ski-Doo not five minutes earlier.  :lol: