Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

On 11/10/2019 at 3:08 AM, Anler said:

Beat me to it :lol:

sad thing is they knew the 7 and 8 were shit so they changed in 9 to a far more durable system . not like Polaris and doo 800s that kept sticking crap up there sheep's was for 20 years 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

sad thing is they knew the 7 and 8 were shit so they changed in 9 to a far more durable system . not like Polaris and doo 800s that kept sticking crap up there sheep's was for 20 years 

We don't need to bring spare parts with us riding. :bc:

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

This is why I don’t ride with people I don’t know unless they bring their own friend with them.  They can ruin their friend’s whole day if they want.

Group rides are a great way to sort out worthy motor sports operators.....and those that know what constitutes a “chassis”.

:lol2:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Anler said:

no because you drive a Polaris when a skirt drops and you have a baseball size hole in the case you are done there is no 45 min fix for that.  and when a crank bearing runs out of isoflex and locks up and sends a rod out the side of the case no amout of duct tape will save the trip .

but a rebuilt dimond drive in the trailer for a 2 yr build yeah worth the shelf space 

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is why I don’t ride with people I don’t know unless they bring their own friend with them.  They can ruin their friend’s whole day if they want.

Group rides are a great way to sort out worthy motor sports operators.....and those that know what constitutes a “chassis”.

That's why we don't invite you! :lol2:

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no because you drive a Polaris when a skirt drops and you have a baseball size hole in the case you are done there is no 45 min fix for that.  and when a crank bearing runs out of isoflex and locks up and sends a rod out the side of the case no amout of duct tape will save the trip .

but a rebuilt dimond drive in the trailer for a 2 yr build yeah worth the shelf space 

Ya then I run it off a cliff and have insurance buy me a new one! #winning!

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

fuck a day I don't mind it is when it is day 1 of a 5 day trip 1300 mi from home when shit gets real . i wont travel with any one who i am sure will not just pony up and buy a new sled if shit goes down or at least take there own day to go get a rental . I bet 1 out of 5 long trips some one wrecks somthing bad enough it needs to be fixed to get thrugh the week . so yeah again every type of sled in our crew has a extra set of arms and a shock in the trailer at least. only a dumb fuck travels with no spare parts 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Ya then I run it off a cliff and have insurance buy me a new one! #winning!

hope you saved 1400 bucks for the chopper lift our cuz forest service will charge big money when they find it and insurance won't pay that bill.

a bud of a bud got a 3800 buck bill from the Fed forest service for a sled that was in a slide in WY that there was no way to get out of off the hill . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

That's why we don't invite you! :lol2:

Mhm..

Just now, Ez ryder said:

fuck a day I don't mind it is when it is day 1 of a 5 day trip 1300 mi from home when shit gets real . i wont travel with any one who i am sure will not just pony up and buy a new sled if shit goes down or at least take there own day to go get a rental . I bet 1 out of 5 long trips some one wrecks somthing bad enough it needs to be fixed to get thrugh the week . so yeah again every type of sled in our crew has a extra set of arms and a shock in the trailer at least. only a dumb fuck travels with no spare parts 

It’s about knowing what you need to take care of yourself and your sled for the duration.  I’ve seen group rides up here that the fucking idiots don’t have basic shit for diamond pounding.  But “meh....somebody else’s problem”.  I just throw them some zip ties and wish them good luck.  Somebody else can throw them their $150 belt, extra oil, try and siphon gas for them or tow them back to the trailhead.  Fucking idiots.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Mhm..

It’s about knowing what you need to take care of yourself and your sled for the duration.  I’ve seen group rides up here that the fucking idiots don’t have basic shit for diamond pounding.  But “meh....somebody else’s problem”.  I just throw them some zip ties and wish them good luck.  Somebody else can throw them their $150 belt, extra oil, try and siphon gas for them or tow them back to the trailhead.  Fucking idiots.

The belt one always gets me.  Seriously, you can't carry an extra $100 belt when we are miles from anywhere and 100+ miles from anywhere with a factory belt?  Dead batteries, broken recoils, worn out carbides, sticky clutches, all completely preventable.  

I always leave with a full tank of gas and oil.  Spare belt, spare plugs, tool kit, tow rope, multitool, electrical tape, etc.  Everything gets inspected and anything worn gets replaced in the off season.  All of us will eventually end up on the wrong end of a rope but don't be stupid about it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The belt one always gets me.  Seriously, you can't carry an extra $100 belt when we are miles from anywhere and 100+ miles from anywhere with a factory belt?  Dead batteries, broken recoils, worn out carbides, sticky clutches, all completely preventable.  

I always leave with a full tank of gas and oil.  Spare belt, spare plugs, tool kit, tow rope, multitool, electrical tape, etc.  Everything gets inspected and anything worn gets replaced in the off season.  All of us will eventually end up on the wrong end of a rope but don't be stupid about it.

Nailed it.  Shit happens out there but, to go out without the basics is just ignorant and to me just says, “I’m somebody else’s problem today.”

You weren’t around but years ago there was some retard that admitted he was coming up for a “brisker” and wasn’t going to spend the $$ for a spare belt.  He got brow best pretty bad.  As it turns out, any crisis was avoided when he found out we also weren’t going to be stopping at bars so he could get his drunk on.  He bailed.  

Bye.  Go ride with the drunken retard groups on the bar trails and lakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nailed it.  Shit happens out there but, to go out without the basics is just ignorant and to me just says, “I’m somebody else’s problem today.”

You weren’t around but years ago there was some retard that admitted he was coming up for a “brisker” and wasn’t going to spend the $$ for a spare belt.  He got brow best pretty bad.  As it turns out, any crisis was avoided when he found out we also weren’t going to be stopping at bars so he could get his drunk on.  He bailed.  

Bye.  Go ride with the retard groups on the bar trails.

My spare belt is usually a good used one that will get me through the day.  I can throw on a used pre-stretched belt without having to worry about adjusting the deflection.  Or if I have to tow someone out I can put on the spare quick and not burn up my good one.

Usually a couple brand new belts sitting in the truck, along with plugs and a bunch of other spares and the tools to put them on. 

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

When I head out for a solo ride, all I have are a massive pair of testicles and a bunch of hopes and prayers the Cat will make it back under its own power.  

That's all you need!

We mostly do day loops offtrail, with the occasional multi day back pack.  We carry gps, gas, belts, tow ropes, axes, shovels, fire, tools, first aid and basic shit to get us out of the woods.  We don’t ride with drunks or guys with pieces of unmaintained shit.  Like someone said, we all end up on the end of the rope at one point.  That said, no need to carry spare A arms, jack shafts, pistons or whatnot.  

30 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

We mostly do day loops offtrail, with the occasional multi day back pack.  We carry gps, gas, belts, tow ropes, axes, shovels, fire, tools, first aid and basic shit to get us out of the woods.  We don’t ride with drunks or guys with pieces of unmaintained shit.  Like someone said, we all end up on the end of the rope at one point.  That said, no need to carry spare A arms, jack shafts, pistons or whatnot.  

Nailed it

Edit we don't carry gas but we don't do alot of off trail. Know where you are and what your range is. Only ran out of gas once but we were riding like dummies. 

Edited by Anler

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Anler said:

Nailed it

Edit we don't carry gas but we don't do alot of off trail. Know where you are and what your range is. Only ran out of gas once but we were riding like dummies. 

Im a gas freak. If I have less then 3/4 tank and Im going by a gas station , I stop and get gas. Riding in a way that conserves gas because your concerned abut running out blows.

i've only run out a few times but worrying about running out sucks.  in the last few year both times i did not have my jerry with me and was burning way more than i expected.  Sal had to run to the pumps for me the last time,  I got aggressive coming up on a group even with the light on for awhile and 10-15 miles to fuel and said fuck it,  sliced and diced a dozen or so sleds at WOT who then passed me as I was sitting by the side of the trail waiting for fuel a mile short of the station.  they were all prob thinking fuck that asshole he deserves to be sitting there.  other time Spump and i were pushing a foot plus of fresh but fortunately he had a little in his jerry can to make the last few miles.  I didn't feel like running to town before we left and what would normally be a 2-2 1/2 gallon ride used up at least 5. 

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Im a gas freak. If I have less then 3/4 tank and Im going by a gas station , I stop and get gas. Riding in a way that conserves gas because your concerned abut running out blows.

Haha we don't even talk about it until 1/4 tank. Depending where we are headed obviously

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

Haha we don't even talk about it until 1/4 tank. Depending where we are headed obviously

We were once coming down from northern Maine on a sunday evening. I got gas at the last stop and they all laughed at me. Next stop was patten Maine. 8:05 pm. Only gas station in town closes at 8. The rest of them rode like throttle pussies all the way to the truck. I blasted along having a good ole time.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

We were once coming down from northern Maine on a sunday evening. I got gas at the last stop and they all laughed at me. Next stop was patten Maine. 8:05 pm. Only gas station in town closes at 8. The rest of them rode like throttle pussies all the way to the truck. I blasted along having a good ole time.

think the sherman irving is 24 hours if that ever happens again.   

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i've only run out a few times but worrying about running out sucks.  in the last few year both times i did not have my jerry with me and was burning way more than i expected.  Sal had to run to the pumps for me the last time,  I got aggressive coming up on a group even with the light on for awhile and 10-15 miles to fuel and said fuck it,  sliced and diced a dozen or so sleds at WOT who then passed me as I was sitting by the side of the trail waiting for fuel a mile short of the station.  they were all prob thinking fuck that asshole he deserves to be sitting there.  other time Spump and i were pushing a foot plus of fresh but fortunately he had a little in his jerry can to make the last few miles.  I didn't feel like running to town before we left and what would normally be a 2-2 1/2 gallon ride used up at least 5. 

We were riding from munising to Newberry and it was my very first ride on my 2015 renegade. Dan and I were running 100mph+ on a grade and being in break in the fucker ran out at 90 miles just 3 miles short of town. Vince and Dan rode on to get gas. Dan ran out 2 miles down from me. I was sitting with my sled and a group rode by and asked me if I was ok. One dude had a Jerry can so I bought his gas and rode to town. Saw Dan's sled sitting there and put the strap on it and towed it to town and Vince and he were already riding back with the gas. Obviously Vince got a pic of the etec on a strap. :lol: