Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

9 hours ago, Anler said:

I pulled the assault in the garage today. I almost forgot how sexy that mother fucker is. 

The heats on at the cabin. I wish I didn’t have stuff going on this weekend. The UP is going to get some system snow this week? It should add up to over a foot?

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Pats quoted me $14400 plus tax on the exact sled.

What a bargain.  Four year warranty....right.

:lol:

$15k for a toy that will lose 30-40% of its value after the first season.  I mean....what would Buffet say?  E. F Hutton says.....”fuck dat noize!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

$15k for a toy that will lose 30-40% of its value after the first season.  I mean....what would Buffet say?  E. F Hutton says.....”fuck dat noize!”

The only thing worse,is buying your Exwife a set of fake tits?:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

The only thing worse,is buying your Exwife a set of fake tits?:lol:

Even then, I’d argue for the tits.  This is absolute insanity with this shit anymore.  “Easy monthly payments”......for the rest of your fucking life.  Why do people want to work forever now?  It’s weird.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Sledding was never a good financial decision. I just counted in my head like 10 trucks, 4 trailers and a dozen snowmobiles in the last 25 years for me. At least the cabin’s paid off, I’ll walk away with something when I’m done, :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Even then, I’d argue for the tits.  This is absolute insanity with this shit anymore.  “Easy monthly payments”......for the rest of your fucking life.  Why do people want to work forever now?  It’s weird.

That Nitro I bought in the spring for $3300 is a pretty nice sled for the money. Bought it in April and I’ve ridden it for a hour and a half so far. This sport is stupid!:lol:

Just now, Edmo said:

Sledding was never a good financial decision. I just counted in my head like 10 trucks, 4 trailers and a dozen snowmobiles in the last 25 years for me. At least the cabin’s paid off, I’ll walk away with something when I’m done, :lol: 

Well, it’s not really about being a “good financial decision”.  Hobbies cost what they cost but, we should be thinking about the diminishing returns.  Is that new $15k sled going to bring a person more happiness than a year or two older, low mileage metal at almost half the cost?  I don’t see how.  

“Look at me!  I got the latest and greatest!!”  Pffft.....Keeping up with the Joneses in motorsports?  LOL!!!  That’s poor man’s idiocy to me....and a way of thinking that is a damn good way to be a life long slave to the banking empires.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, thewayout said:

Yep. Disgusting. No reason to pay the 2k premium now. You’re better off waiting and snowchecking in spring. There’s some money to be saved compared to buying now.

Fuck that, find a left over. I think I paid 10,300 for my 18 SKS 146. Works fine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

A bud bought that exact same sled in WI for the same price. Close to 5k off.:bc:

I think Angry Ginger or Catbox spotted it on the interwebs. Also found a 17 M8 Sno Pro for $7999 with 150 miles on it. Got 8300 on trade for it. I couldn't ride that fucking thing.

20180928_104218.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, s pump said:

I think Angry Ginger or Catbox spotted it on the interwebs. Also found a 17 M8 Sno Pro for $7999 with 150 miles on it. Got 8300 on trade for it. I couldn't ride that fucking thing.

20180928_104218.jpg

school bus

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That SKS was a sweet sled. 

I still got it. It's the funnest sledcive owned. Good ride and suspension, plenty fast and rails ok for a longer tracker. Climbs like a goat too.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

school bus

Just looks long from that angle.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

30-40% maybe on a cat. :lol:

I got 12k for my 850 with 3k miles on it. :snack:

6 minutes ago, Reevester said:

30-40% maybe on a cat. :lol:

I got 12k for my 850 with 3k miles on it. :snack:

Canadian.

Cat and Poo run real close in resales here.  Doo is the only one maintaining anything.  Poo is just because it hits it's "half life" a t the $2k mark.  Cat's resale sucks because it's not a very cozy and compliant ride and their Textron take over isn't helping either.

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, it’s not really about being a “good financial decision”.  Hobbies cost what they cost but, we should be thinking about the diminishing returns.  Is that new $15k sled going to bring a person more happiness than a year or two older, low mileage metal at almost half the cost?  I don’t see how.  

“Look at me!  I got the latest and greatest!!”  Pffft.....Keeping up with the Joneses in motorsports?  LOL!!!  That’s poor man’s idiocy to me....and a way of thinking that is a damn good way to be a life long slave to the banking empires.

Exactly.

i bought my 2017 xcr with 500 miles on it for $9500. 3 year bumper to bumper. 

My 2018 XRS I paid under 10k for as well and that had two full riding years of warranty left. That was a $15k sled snowchecked.... lots of money to be saved if you don’t mind a used 1-2 year old sled that still is the latest and greatest, minus some graphic changes. 

1 minute ago, thewayout said:

Exactly.

My 2018 XRS I paid under 10k for as well and that had two full riding years of warranty left. That was a $15k sled snowchecked.... lots of money to be saved if you don’t mind a used 1-2 year old sled that still is the latest and greatest, minus some graphic changes. 

You just gave gay jay wood with the graphics change comment.:lol:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Canadian.

Cat and Poo run real close in resales here.  Doo is the only one maintaining anything.  Poo is just because it hits it's "half life" a t the $2k mark.  Cat's resale sucks because it's not a very cozy and compliant ride and their Textron take over isn't helping either.

Cats resale sucks because they suck, plain  and simple. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Exactly.

I'll spend the extra few grand to bot have something with 3k miles on it and clapped out shocks. 

Why did you buy a brand new truck when a traverse would have been good enough for you?

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

You just gave gay jay wood with the graphics change comment.:lol:

Well not much has changed between 2017 and 2020 TBH. The usual updates with clutches, cooling guards, motor mounts, etc. The 2018 and up got a new cast bulkhead which was important to me since some 17s were folding up. Also, 17s had belt problems, some still suffer from blown belts. The 850 etec and G4 aren’t as perfect as some guys make them out to be. Every sled has its problems. No doubt. You just hope you get a good one.

4 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Exactly.

The $10k mark is a good jumping off price point, IMO.  I think my last new snowcheck was 12,500 out the door.  My next sled was a season old with 400 miles.  The guy wrote a $4k check to the bank for payoff with me sitting right next to him.  I think he was kind of mad at me about it too.  Like most shit, if you can swing the cash, do so.

Just now, s pump said:

Truth be told, most of the guys on here couldn't tell the difference between A 93XLT and I twenny twenny XRS on the trail.

I have always wondered that as well? About 5 yrs ago I took a new Cat/Yammy for a spin on one of those dealer rides. The ride was likely 5-10 kms and after I was finished, I said to myself, with a trade in plus likely another 8g's+, what am I gaining? 

There was nothing there that would warrant the purchase ($$$) as the ride, handling, etc, weren't anything to brag about compared to what I already owned. I have been kicking around the idea of a Rmotion Doo now for a few years as I would like a better/more comfy ride but I haven't had the opportunity yet. If it is night and day compared to what I already own then I'll consider it and look for something used but not a chance in hell will I purchase anything new.