Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

• Platinum Contributing Member

I've been tasked with supplying brisket for a wedding next month. They expect 130 guests.

I'm thinking about renting a large smoker and I found this guy on Facebook who has a 2400 sq inch offset smoker available that weekend and he's near me.

What do you pros and semi-pros think? He will supply the wood, deliver and pick up. He will give me tips on operation. He is leaving on vacation so will drop it off well before the event so I can play with it for a couple days prior.

He is more expensive than others I have found but they are all just big BBQ's.

image.thumb.png.c6eb2bdace3d29a3b5f5ba4d61ef68ab.png

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I've been tasked with supplying brisket for a wedding next month. They expect 130 guests.

I'm thinking about renting a large smoker and I found this guy on Facebook who has a 2400 sq inch offset smoker available that weekend and he's near me.

What do you pros and semi-pros think? He will supply the wood, deliver and pick up. He will give me tips on operation. He is leaving on vacation so will drop it off well before the event so I can play with it for a couple days prior.

Good luck :bc:

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Have you ever smoked brisket?  Man, for something that important, I’d sure seek pro advice if you haven’t.  

I like the smoker though!!!!!  :bc:

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Our brisket this time was the best we've done. I'll post our method and what we used tonight. Burnt ends were legit

Resized_20190704_161144.jpeg

Goddamn I love burnt ends.

For this last brisket we trimmed appropriately. Then we injected with Lamberts Sweet Swine o mine injection and we rubbed with the Lamberts sweet swine rub. 

These both paired really well with the whole hog and worked great on brisket also. We will be using these full time.

After injecting and rubbing the brisket we vac seal it and in the fridge for 24hrs

Then it was smoked at 225 for about 12 hours. Just after it starts to get through about 160f we separate the point and cut that up for ends and wrap the flat.

Finish the flat to 198f or so.

For the ends this time we just gave them a light coating of Mike's sweet honey bbq sauce. Let them cook in a covered pan for a few hours. Then drain the juice and recoat them in bbq sauce again. Finish in the oven at 300 until they caramelize good

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Have you ever smoked brisket?  Man, for something that important, I’d sure seek pro advice if you haven’t.  

I like the smoker though!!!!!  :bc:

Yes, I've done a few. I did one when the kids were here and that's why I was asked to cook brisket for their wedding.

33 minutes ago, Seatofmtpants said:

Did everyone get the packages??  Have you tried them yet?? :bc: 

The shore is awesome....everyone loves it. We need to work on the gallon sizes. I'd probably order 5 gallons to start

• Advertising Member
15 hours ago, Momorider said:

Have you worked through an international assorted case as a possible thing? :dunno:

There is a permitting process apparently ....... I don't know why it would be such a pain to send, but apparently they get funny with food.....

• Advertising Member
15 hours ago, f7ben said:

The shore is awesome....everyone loves it. We need to work on the gallon sizes. I'd probably order 5 gallons to start

It is really hard for them to change the line over, however I am going to ask again if it is possible to bottle some in gallons for you buddy.  That wont be until the first week of Aug.  Have you used any Memphis yet?

11 hours ago, Seatofmtpants said:

It is really hard for them to change the line over, however I am going to ask again if it is possible to bottle some in gallons for you buddy.  That wont be until the first week of Aug.  Have you used any Memphis yet?

Yah....Memphis is gone. I like every flavor and they all have their place in what we make. 

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yah....Memphis is gone. I like every flavor and they all have their place in what we make. 

I do have quart containers of the 181 that we made before co-packing.  Ill save you some money there too......  I do love that Memphis, that is my oldest and favorite.

On 7/11/2019 at 6:29 AM, Seatofmtpants said:

There is a permitting process apparently ....... I don't know why it would be such a pain to send, but apparently they get funny with food.....

If you have an assorted case I can do a US address :news: