Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

Just another day at the office boys!!!!

Whole 108lb hog and 18lb packer on the pit since 9:45 PM last night. Just about to hit the stall on both.

20190704_080400.jpg

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The main reason I have never done a whole pig before,is that I don’t have that many friends.:lol:

I'm going to be feeding 50+ today. I sampled some of the hog when we rolled it. It's really legit

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Looks good!

I "did" a girl that looked like that once.  No...twice!

:lol: 

Did you shove an apple in her mouth or just your mushroom cap? :lmao::quaqmire:

It’s turned into a horrible 4th. Went to set up the snake method on my 16 year old 22” Weber, that has been outside,uncovered and never been cleaned. One of the leg mounts rusted through. Please don’t send me a contributing member invoice this year #croppicsnakemethodfuckstick, I’ve been put in a very tough financial situation. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I'm going to be feeding 50+ today. I sampled some of the hog when we rolled it. It's really legit

There are guys like you with the same set up as yours that charge between $1200 and $2000 , to bring the cooked pig to a party. They come to the party with the pig 90% cooked and finish it off at the party. That’s not including sides. Just plates,buns, plastic ware, and napkins. They have a small propane burner to keep it warm while it’s being trailered.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

It’s turned into a horrible 4th. Went to set up the snake method on my 16 year old 22” Weber, that has been outside,uncovered and never been cleaned. One of the leg mounts rusted through. Please don’t send me a contributing member invoice this year #croppicsnakemethodfuckstick, I’ve been put in a very tough financial situation. 

That sucks. I hope you hadn't lit it yet.

25 minutes ago, ckf said:

That sucks. I hope you hadn't lit it yet.

No,it wasn’t lit. I’m not going to give the wife sex for a week. She had the nerve to say good,you have to many grills. I fired up the 18. :saluting: when I moved my son to Colorado, he gave me his two small ones,because he has no place to store them. He has a big grill on his deck.

F12EF256-3B97-4187-8A67-293516D5FAB0.jpeg

79098548-EDBA-4A91-9D77-56080C40E593.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

No,it wasn’t lit. I’m not going to give the wife sex for a week. She had the nerve to say good,you have to many grills. I fired up the 18. :saluting: when I moved my son to Colorado, he gave me his two small ones,because he has no place to store them. He has a big grill on his deck.

To many grills???  WTF????   I'd love the 26", but it would hardly ever be needed.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

To many grills???  WTF????   I'd love the 26", but it would hardly ever be needed.

I have some customers that have the big Weber for company lunch cook outs. Way to big for home use. When we have people over, I use both the kettle and propane.  The big Weber can suck down some charcoal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I have some customers that have the big Weber for company lunch cook outs. Way to big for home use. When we have people over, I use both the kettle and propane.  The big Weber can suck down some charcoal.

Yeah, I've been thinking of picking up a cheap propane grill for aiding in cooking outside when it's to warm to turn on the oven or cook top.

38 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yeah, I've been thinking of picking up a cheap propane grill for aiding in cooking outside when it's to warm to turn on the oven or cook top.

This is a perfect example of how I use both. The wife couldn’t decide what she wanted. So I’m doing both at the same time today. No fuss,no hot kitchen, no mess to clean up.

D652FF91-E343-4B54-B643-AA441D2C319E.jpeg

FFC8BDB8-59DA-40A0-878F-C1D22D8AB9EE.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 6:17 AM, Seatofmtpants said:

Ben.....you should know, we are going forward with the FDA scheduled process on Memphis and Gold Standard.  We have sold almost half of our original order of 4300 bottles in 10 days, it has been insane with our BBQ roll out.  I should have those two varieties in about 2 months or less (I have Memphis made in our commercial kitchen in the meantime).

That's awesome, best of luck to you.

You ship to Canada?

• Advertising Member
18 hours ago, f7ben said:

What Q did you end up offering with it? :bc:

What temp are you cooking that pig too?