Check your account email address ×

would you sled with retards?

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Out west I'd draw the line with someone who is too careless with endangering themselves or others in the group.  Our group was out west some time ago (I wasn't along) and a new rider to the group for out west kept going off on his own in play areas.   They basically had to tell him do it again and your done with us.   He understood quickly and stayed with everyone.   

Similar riding requirements only flatlander.  Had a guy last year that got invited so it was his first time with our core group.  Guy that invited him gave him a background on how the group rides and general adult drinking habits while riding.   Second day of riding had a couple bloody Mary's at breakfast beers at the next stop and started passing guys within our group including the leader on the inside of corners.  The lead guy who invited him said we don't ride like that and if you do you're no longer invited.  Guy never rode with us after that.

Be on time, maintain your sled and have it ready, have good gear, ride at the leaders pace and if your going to drink through the day do it reasonable.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Wasn’t as much fun after my group quit.  People and their  rules. :lol: 

I ride and stay with Liberals when we ride SXS . Great people.  We know where each other stand, no need to get into politics.  Plenty of other things to talk about. Besides, people don’t generally act like complete assholes when they are not on the internet if they want to be invited to go again. 

We pretty much never talk politics when snowmobiling. Too many funny snowmobile stories and shit and I know everybody we ride with has different politics. 

In my 30+ years of snowmobiling I have gone thru alot of "groups", I ditched most of them over the years for one reason or another, never politics tho. I have to say the guys I ride with now I met thru these forums and we always have a blast. 

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I’m a solo guy.  But I do like to ride with people. I don’t care about someone’s political and or social beliefs as long as they shut the fuck up about them. Either side. Just ride fast and smoke weed after.  Ain’t that hard. 

I've never really snowmobiled solo. I do however ride solo often on the motorcycle and enjoy it.

:bc:

29 minutes ago, Doug said:

Similar riding requirements only flatlander.  Had a guy last year that got invited so it was his first time with our core group.  Guy that invited him gave him a background on how the group rides and general adult drinking habits while riding.   Second day of riding had a couple bloody Mary's at breakfast beers at the next stop and started passing guys within our group including the leader on the inside of corners.  The lead guy who invited him said we don't ride like that and if you do you're no longer invited.  Guy never rode with us after that.

Be on time, maintain your sled and have it ready, have good gear, ride at the leaders pace and if your going to drink through the day do it reasonable.

we had friends bring their boss from work. "he can ride" . how many times we hear that shit. so we are dusting this asshole, and we are just riding normal speed for us. it was the morning so everything is fast. we wait forever for this guy, he flies up , throws his helmet on the ground , yelling we are maniacs . tells us he is a black belt and gonna kick someone's ass. sure you are. i told my buddy to get rid of him or all of them. not dealing with that. so he left on his own. come to find out he had a flask in his pocket, couldn't keep up because he was fucking loaded at 11am. good riddance. he later told my buddy we was kidding when he pulled up. yeah right. sobered up and realized what an asshole he made himself

24 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've never really snowmobiled solo. I do however ride solo often on the motorcycle and enjoy it.

:bc:

Because I'm retired I sometimes go up a day or 2 before the rest of the guys and do a solo ride.  Sometimes just like on your bike it's nice to just do your own thing.   

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Doug said:

Because I'm retired I sometimes go up a day or 2 before the rest of the guys and do a solo ride.  Sometimes just like on your bike it's nice to just do your own thing.   

For sure!!  Though I'm not retired yet... Well, mostly for a few months of the year anyway!

Usually my solo rides are from the garage (When we have snow south of the Twin Cities) where I know I won't be without cell service, or between trips and I don't feel like driving home and back up in the same week.  I just stay up north, move to another location for a few days of solo riding before moving to the next group location... Those solo days are usually the highest mileage days for me all season!  I like to be on the snow before 8am and throw down 300 by dinner time.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Doug said:

I love doing solo rides.  Some days there's just no one around.  I've done a few 250-300 mile loops in Maine and Quebec, and back at the hotel by 3.  Go at your own pace, only stop to piss, get gas or a quick bite.  :bc:   All this sled talk is getting me in the mood to ride.

45FE9BA0-2418-4C06-8357-B16C6B5922DC.jpeg.b6014ad107a28d145922565aa6ead643 (1).jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Anler said:

We pretty much never talk politics when snowmobiling. Too many funny snowmobile stories and shit and I know everybody we ride with has different politics. 

In my 30+ years of snowmobiling I have gone thru alot of "groups", I ditched most of them over the years for one reason or another, never politics tho. I have to say the guys I ride with now I met thru these forums and we always have a blast. 

How is Vinnie the ballsack or whatever momo calls him? 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

How is Vinnie the ballsack or whatever momo calls him? 

Penisheadeddagomidget? He is doing well. Back on the Arctic Cat so he hasnt gotten any smarter. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Penisheadeddagomidget? He is doing well. Back on the Arctic Cat so he hasnt gotten any smarter. 

:bc: Lol yeah that was it :lol:He had one year on Polaris then went back to cat then huh? Oh well l…he tried! 

18 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:bc: Lol yeah that was it :lol:He had one year on Polaris then went back to cat then huh? Oh well l…he tried! 

I think he made it 2 seasons. He did some dumb shit and fucked the sled up a couple times and blamed it on Polaris but it was entirely him. LOL

• Haha 3

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Doug said:

I love riding midweek solo. Stop when I want . Eat when/where I want . etc.

I just try to stay somewhat near civilization when alone.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I do the same often, the benefits of retirement. Private trail connects to trail system:thumb:

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

I'm the same way, as long as we're on well traveled groomed trails, I'll take off solo.  Come to Maine this winter.  We should have plenty of room.  You can do a loop all the way around the gaspe right from our door.  :bc: 

325771543_520337183544161_1618819199742121248_n.jpg

• Like 4

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

No

I cant risde with slow riders

I cant ride with drama queens ( or any queens for that matter )

I cant ride with a guy who wants to tune his sled at every stop

I cant ride in a large group , any over 4-5 things start to suck. Too much waiting and everything you need ( restaurant , gas ect becomes a pain in the ass.

100% on all that but add in the drunks too that can’t go past a intersection without having to stop and pound a beer.

• Thanks 1

If you can ride - ride. I’ve been all over Ontario, mountain riding in MT, WY, CO, UT, ID along with pounding trails in the UP and WI.  Laughs, a good time and capable smart riders are what matters.