Check your account email address ×

No more yamaha

54 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'll accept your insults this time and give you $2200 to make it a quick package deal.  

I will give you a penny for all of your sleds, pending you deliver them?

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I will give you a penny for all of your sleds, pending you deliver them?

You are terrible at the negotiation stuff.  

I'd need at least 2 snot covered nickels to even consider anything.

On 7/2/2023 at 7:34 AM, stinkipinki said:

Ford sells way more economy shitboxes then Bugatti and Mclaren sell. It's still a piece of shit. Cat have never cared about sales, even when they did have 1/3 of the market. 

. . . But hey, sales numbers.

Sometimes a little logic goes a long way. If Bugattis, McLarens, and Ford economy shitboxes all cost the same, do you think Ford would still sell way more? 

Cats, Doos, and Pols all cost about the same across the various engine classes. The fact is, people who are spending $15,000 - $20,000 have a choice among the three brands, and they are picking Ski-Doos by a WIDE margin. If Cats cost $300,000, and Doos and Pols cost $15,000 - $20,000, then your example would make sense.  Since the three brands cost about the same, you can't use the Ford-Bugatti-McLaren example as an excuse. It doesn't work.

8 hours ago, CaddisFly said:

Since the three brands cost about the same, you can't use the Ford-Bugatti-McLaren example as an excuse. It doesn't work.

That doesn't counter my point in anyway.
Even if I used two much smaller companies or company building a similar quality vehicle, that analogy still applies.
If a company with 1000 people sells 100 cars per year, thats the same as a company with 100 people selling one car per year. The ratio is the same, although one company is much bigger.

My example was about desired market share and a company's overall portfolio. Polaris and Ski-Doo have invested into large overall sales platforms and have made much of their coin off UTV/ATV and offroad sales. Not sleds.
Both had lots of emissions struggles and had they just sold sleds from 2005 - 2015 they may have went bankrupt. It's a very good thing they expanded and have had some great products, hell I owned a Sportsman at one point and now own a Can Am Defender. But that doesn't mean they make the best product out there, or that a smaller company can't do the same. There's alot of manufacters making quality ATV's and SXS's on the same level that aren't as big.
Cat has always been much smaller, but their dedication to sledding has been apparent in countless new designs, breakthrough's, performance and racing wins/championships.

Edited by stinkipinki

People complain about price, and as far as I'm concerned that's almost always justified (even when new sales are good).  New snowmobiles are priced out of range for probably 98.5% of entry-level snowmobilers, in spite of efforts by manufacturers to create less expensive entry-level machines.

However, new sled prices and annual sales by manufacturer aren't good ways of determining the overall health of the industry - they don't show the whole picture, in terms of the number of people snowmobiling and the popularity of our sport.  The used market is probably the top source of sleds for new riders.

In terms of the future, if BRP grows in market share because of this, then I think that will cause a stagnation in R&D by all manufacturers.  However, Yamaha leaving the market may trigger either someone else to enter the market (Argo, for example), or Cat and Polaris to increase R&D in an effort to capture the former Yamaha buyers.  Only time will tell, and I remain optimistic.

50 minutes ago, X2700 said:

I have figured out cost per mile and its staggering.

But damn its worth it!!

LOL did that some years back including gas for the truck to trailer 😳.  Never again.

But as you say well worth it 👍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Doug said:

LOL did that some years back including gas for the truck to trailer 😳.  Never again.

But as you say well worth it 👍

We used to do that same math about 20-25 years ago.  It was a lot more tolerable back then!! LOL

Edited by Bontz

1 hour ago, krom said:

FWIW if anyone wants a catalyst, they can still get one in Riot form, from any dealer.

with ATAC or whatever the f they call it? 

will anyone here miss Yamahas presence in the market?  I very much doubt it as this is primarily a Polaris and Cat battleground.  

some of the comparisons here to automotive brands are utterly moronic... and I'll throw an extra $100 on top the deal if you can reach one @racinfarmer  :roflcrying:

saw this earlier today in a few spare minutes... 

• 5 months later...

The handwriting was on the wall back in ‘15 with the introduction of the Viper and partnership with Cat. Now, even TY4stroke is a ghost town of a forum anymore. But that’s pretty funny as Mr. Sled is a douche bag. He was crying he might have to shut the site down due to lack of traffic. 

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

I heard they closed due to climate change.  The weather today is proof enough.

Wow! Look at MN this morning. The only way anyone is riding through those freshies is with a 3” 165 850 at minimum. :handjob:

7FC0789C-B056-48B9-A753-03DF21833B5C.jpeg