Check your account email address ×

No more yamaha

https://snowgoer.com/news/2023-new-snowmobiles-sales-data-reflects-weather-russia-more/31647/

anyone have access to the breakdown of sales by brand? 

manufacturers are slowly and quietly pulling back from snowmobiling due to the popularity and profitability of ORV's.  Textron and Polaris are pulling support with snowmobile racing as one minor example.  Yamaha hasn't been a player in snowmobile racing in ages.  If not for mountain and off trail sleds I do wonder what the status of the industry might be.  

17 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm sure they will on paper.  But dealer commitment to snow product will be near non existent.  They may technically be required to do this but there is a human element to dealers.  Techs will stop training and new techs won't be trained, management will not have a ton of reason to go any extra miles because there's no future in it for them.  I'm sure they will do basic service repairs if it makes them money but show me a good or great Yamaha dealer service shop in 5 years from now.  They are going to shift away from snow pretty quickly and will soon be annoyed with it and probably be trying to price customers away especially if they don't need the work.  That's just how a service department will work it's human nature.  You'd have to be nuts to think you'll have normal support from the dealer and Yamaha corporate if you have future problems.  What if you have a weirdo intermittent concern, you're going to get nothing over the bare minimum and will the dealer have any technical support/assistance from Yamaha... The answer is no.

Since they are Cats underneath, take it to a Cat dealer.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://snowgoer.com/news/2023-new-snowmobiles-sales-data-reflects-weather-russia-more/31647/

anyone have access to the breakdown of sales by brand? 

manufacturers are slowly and quietly pulling back from snowmobiling due to the popularity and profitability of ORV's.  Textron and Polaris are pulling support with snowmobile racing as one minor example.  Yamaha hasn't been a player in snowmobile racing in ages.  If not for mountain and off trail sleds I do wonder what the status of the industry might be.  

My theory is that the manufacturers listen to the small but vocal minority of people, those on the internet, and think they always need to create the new splash to capture the short attention span of people today.  This has resulted in the prices we are seeing today which has priced the key young demographic out of snowmobiling completely.  The huge bulk of new buyers are the 50+ crowd, mid to upper class people living in metro areas.  Most people living in snowmobile country or blue collar guys can't afford a new machine, not even close, not even dreaming about it it's so far off.  These are the grass roots of the sport and they've been left in the dust, priced out of the industry completely, good luck getting them later in life when they're the new 50 year olds when they have no fond memories of snowmobiling or whatever.  What is going to happen when the boomer generation who have ruined the economy and screwed all future generations for their comfort die off?    A big vacuum with nothing left to fill it.  It's a dying past time.  Anyone who's been around since the 90's can see it, nothing mainstream about it because it's too expensive.  It used to be mainstream.  And the sledders do it to themselves, look at the assholes on this site, they make fun of people for having older sleds even though those people may be perfectly content and are most certainly having more fun than these shallow dickhaven types.

I can say with 100% honesty that older trail sleds are more fun and rewarding to me than new trail sleds are, for many reasons.  And it's interesting talking to other people that still ride both and they share the same feelings.  However even if I didn't think that, would I be spending 20k to buy a new sled?  Why would I if I'm the only one in my group of friends that has anything modern?

I think professional racing is a whole separate topic and it is dying although I don't see that as a sign of the industry, it's its own thing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

That's certainly a possibility but then I'd just buy the cat, not the blue cat.  And many people don't have cat dealers around which may be why they were on the blue ones to start with.

Just now, mnstang said:

That's certainly a possibility but then I'd just buy the cat, not the blue cat.  And many people don't have cat dealers around which may be why they were on the blue ones to start with.

I'm just saying that for those that buy, they will have options. Makes no difference to me. I have a Catalyst coming.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

If you're going to make the argument, use real numbers you can back up.  

Sorry, 40.  

That being said since you have the real numbers you can back, post them up.  They will affirm what I stated.

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

That means there needs to a Cat dealer.  They are doing a good job of getting rid of all of those.

49 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I'm just saying that for those that buy, they will have options. Makes no difference to me. I have a Catalyst coming.

You may have one coming

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

That means there needs to a Cat dealer.  They are doing a good job of getting rid of all of those.

You may have one coming

I have one coming. Confirmed! I have 5 Cat dealers within 100 miles of me and 8 within 150.

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Sorry, 40.  

That being said since you have the real numbers you can back, post them up.  They will affirm what I stated.

You shouldn't assume.

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Yet you use the one that doesn't know what ALL means.  Derrrrrr....

You know how you know you have won the argument? Exactly. They come at you with terribly week insults.

:t5:

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

He didn't break his sled in properly.  

My price reflects as such.

I never ripped off anyone. They made the offer. Your price tells me you are a fucking joke. But hey, your dealing with deep. On my brothers side, he bought my 2020 and has had zero issues and I store it. Try harder to try to make me the fool. So far you have only made yourself the idiot. Keeping my 22 but sold my 2018 for a nice $8,000. Paid $8900 for that one. Now I added LED headlights and a few other options but I think I came out pretty good on that. 

Edited by ZR6000RR

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

You drive a hard bargain, but I'll do the 2 large for the 73, the 22, and the trailer for the 22.

Now it is 3 large for the 73. 22 is my spare. You saw and took a photo of it. You know how clean it is. Will keep that one for the 2026 model. Probably still will get 11,500 for it.

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The deal was 2 large for the 73, the 22 RR, and the trailer for the 22.

That was your offer to me.

Don't be stupid. I would tak $15,000 for the 22. $4500 for the trailer and $2,000 for the 73. If you can't meet that, then just quit being so fuckin stupid. You have this love affair with my 22. You shared a picture for Christ's sake. I never gave you permission. Did I?

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Alright, deals off.

1 star on Marketplace.

I have enough green Cats that look dirtii after one ride anyway.

Well being gay and stupid is not illegal, but you took the cake today. You like sucking the dick? Playing off your stupid antics of course.