Check your account email address ×

No more yamaha

23 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Yes, it's a stop gap loss leader to try to provide some value to sell.  Never meant to be a good solution.  Not how Textron works.

Yep. I wonder if they will release it at haydays and let people talk about it for a year? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

OMG.  :roflcrying::smack::lol::roflcrying::smack::lol::roflcrying::smack::lol::roflcrying::smack::lol::roflcrying::smack::lol::roflcrying::smack::lol:

If.  ROFL.  Can't has never made a good big bore and now you want them to turbo it?  They need help and badly.  Losing Yamaha and their assistance is almost as big as losing Suzuki.  Complete shit show.  They are fucked.  Only an idiot fanboi see's differently...so see above.

Cats been making a CTEC 800 for years and the latest, most updated versions run good and keep pace with any 800.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Premium said:

The ratio steering is on all Catalyst Trail and Crossover units.

I agree, there is A LOT riding on this big bore.

once it's announced you'll be like... that was already available, hope you didn't fuck up the cooling system?  ;)

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

If what I was told is true about the big bore, you can already buy such parts and make one out of the current 800. 

iS iT thE dakotA 900 biG borE ?

:roflcrying:

17 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Cats been making a CTEC 800 for years and the latest, most updated versions run good and keep pace with any 800.

yeah.... no, you're incorrect.  they'll run great right up until they don't... because their quality control is shit.  but you just keep on believing what you copy/paste off the internet.  ;)

38 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

o run great right up until they don't... because their quality control is shit.  but you just keep on believing what you copy/paste off the internet.  ;)

Thier 600 is rock solid.
The CTEC 1 and 2 800 are Cat's first real go at the big bore segment for inhouse engines.
They know whats out there.
They know what the competition is bringing to the table.
They are very aware.

No piece of junk big bore without EXTENSIVE BRUTAL testing is going into this Catalyst.
This is all of their chips on the table.
I think they have a good shot of making a nice 860-920 cc big bore , N/A, Turbo or both.
Everything is riding on it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Thier 600 is rock solid.
The CTEC 1 and 2 800 are Cat's first real go at the big bore segment for inhouse engines.
They know whats out there.
They know what the competition is bringing to the table.
They are very aware.

No piece of junk big bore without EXTENSIVE BRUTAL testing is going into this Catalyst.
This is all of their chips on the table.
I think they have a good shot of making a nice 860-920 cc big bore , N/A, Turbo or both.
Everything is riding on it.

See my pictures above. It is a low mile 600 ctech. Lol

34 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

See my pictures above. It is a low mile 600 ctech. Lol

The revised CTEC 600 II with the 800 crank (and some other updates) has held up very well in thier testing and roll out models. They really beat the crap out of it. It's high altitude mountain durability was impressive. Could use and probably handle a turbo possibly.

Anyways...
You can bet your white round ass thier doing the same with whatever big bore is loading for Cat.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

The revised CTEC 600 II with the 800 crank (and some other updates) has held up very well in thier testing and roll out models. They really beat the crap out of it. It's high altitude mountain durability was impressive. Could use and probably handle a turbo possibly.

Anyways...
You can bet your white round ass thier doing the same with whatever big bore is loading for Cat.

I have blown up every ctech I have touched. They are shit. My last Suzuki 800 was abused way worse and never missed a beat 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have blown up every ctech I have touched. They are shit. My last Suzuki 800 was abused way worse and never missed a beat 

You dont know what break in means. You crashed your last pro cross because you out rode your ability, then bitched and moaned because parts were short during covid. All on you greg. Like I said before. A special kind of stupid. There! I said it! I've had 4 600 Ctec's and all bullet proof. Have seen lots of poo motors go down though. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You dont know what break in means. You crashed your last pro cross because you out rode your ability, then bitched and moaned because parts were short during covid. All on you greg. Like I said before. A special kind of stupid. There! I said it! I've had 4 600 Ctec's and all bullet proof. Have seen lots of poo motors go down though. 

You also admit you don't drive over 50 mph

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

There is a time period they have to hold onto the company before they are done getting what they want out of it and agreements they have. Last one they did there thing with was Dixie chopper. They bought in 2014 and ended up shutting it down completely in 2018 because they didn’t care about it and it was loosing a crap ton of money. Alamo group bought it in 2019. Dixie is better now than it ever was with Alamo giving it direction. I have a feeling Cat will go down the same the path and be sold off sooner than later. If they were serious with cat several moves they made would not have been done. Big one would have been not putting the areo space engineer as the chief to fiddle fuck around for 8 months during the most important product launch in company history. 

I sure hope that's the outcome for cat - getting sold to someone who cares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bitch all you need to, but the ctec2 800 is far more reliable than the doo 850 or poo 840. 

Poo never figured out how to build a NA version, then release a turbo that was worse. Tons of people lost their entire riding season last year with boost issues. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

I hit a ferry boat ramp loading it up, it was before covid, and brake in is a myth as they have “brake in mode” to protect them. 

Edited by Not greg b

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Yep. I wonder if they will release it at haydays and let people talk about it for a year? 

Must not have been paying attention... They announced the big bore will be released at this year's, haydays at last years haydays 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, krom said:

Must not have been paying attention... They announced the big bore will be released at this year's, haydays at last years haydays 

I haven’t been paying much attention to all the nonsense they have been saying about the thing. Zr6000rr won’t let me own one because I won’t do brake in properly and will destroy it faster than whistling diesel. 

Edited by Not greg b

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I hit a ferry boat ramp loading it up, it was before covid, and brake in is a myth as they have “brake in mode” to protect them. 

Again, on you. Fucking idiot!

38 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Again, on you. Fucking idiot!

Actually I could have made them pay for it as it was their fault for not maintaining their shit. I could have also sold a wrecked sled because you couldn’t tell the chassis was twisted. But I am not an ass hole like you and fixed it. 

4 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Assistance with what? 

All sorts of things.  Their audit and requirements really helped make a noticeable improvement across the board.  I have zero faith in Textron.

4 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

In the last shootout where a 800 Cat raced another 800, they exchanged wins.

Whoop de fucking doo.  Doesn't mean it will hold up.  It's a failure.

all their testing...

wait until they get into the hands of the consumer

know who else did a lot of testing?  Polaris, with their first model year unmatched durability 850's... :roflcrying:

Cat fans better hope and pray that Textron doesn't botch these new models and engines up by cutting any corners... 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 2:35 PM, Not greg b said:

There is a time period they have to hold onto the company before they are done getting what they want out of it and agreements they have. Last one they did there thing with was Dixie chopper. They bought in 2014 and ended up shutting it down completely in 2018 because they didn’t care about it and it was loosing a crap ton of money. Alamo group bought it in 2019. Dixie is better now than it ever was with Alamo giving it direction. I have a feeling Cat will go down the same the path and be sold off sooner than later. If they were serious with cat several moves they made would not have been done. Big one would have been not putting the areo space engineer as the chief to fiddle fuck around for 8 months during the most important product launch in company history. 

You're way too invested in what moves they're doing at the top.  I get it you've been fucked and can't get over it or whatever the hell the story is but 99.99% of people dgaf who chief fiddle fuck is.  Look at the crowd at haydays and how fast they sold out.  They'll sell out that fast again for 2025's.  What matters is the product and the catalyst is the latest and greatest, value is at all time high.  You've been hurt so you can't accept that but it's the way it is.  They're only held back by supply chain right now and they know that, so they have to be real high on cat right now and they should be.

22 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Seems like a higher number then what I would expect of the 21 and 22 RXC's have had motors replaced.