Check your account email address ×

No more yamaha

5 hours ago, Palu49 said:

The motor won’t fit in the catalyst without completely ruining the whole point of what the chassis is supposed to be I don’t get how nobody understands that’s what’s happening. Yamaha doesn’t give a fuck about snowmobiles enough to design a whole new engine for the different chassis. That said I think cat needs to get a turbo catalyst 4T on the market before yamaha is gone so people can see it, ride it and make sure it’s not a grenade before they lose all the 4 stroke market to the 900 ace turbo

Yamaha is and always has been an engine builder. #1 priority.

9 hours ago, krom said:

Boy you never tire of saying stupid shit and being wrong do you....

Wasn't long ago at all I said that AC would be done building sleds for Yami, and you replied you "know for fact that Yamaha isn't going anywhere, I talked to the head yamaha guy at arctic cat"

Only the XX uses a yamahaha engine.  textron lost over $45M to RG, and destroyed their sport SXS brand because they don't want to pay him royalties or fulfill their end of the contract.  They haven't developed or changed the XX since its release in 2018

But despite all of this, your dumb ass thinks they will continue using yamaha engines.....

if had to guess there isn’t going to be a textron built arctic cat in 2026 either. This separation is probably phase one of textron’s end game of getting rid of cat. Now that Yamaha has to build a sled themselves they pulled the plug. 

44 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

if had to guess there isn’t going to be a textron built arctic cat in 2026 either. This separation is probably phase one of textron’s end game of getting rid of cat. Now that Yamaha has to build a sled themselves they pulled the plug. 

Wow? New platform and ditch? Bidenomics at its fullest. Oh. Just so we are clear. YOUR AN IDIOT!

9 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Wow? New platform and ditch? Bidenomics at its fullest. Oh. Just so we are clear. YOUR AN IDIOT!

That means a lot.... 

Coming from the moron who knew fora fact that yami wasn't going anywhere, and they had a great relationship with ac 

Edited by krom

2 minutes ago, krom said:

That means a lot.... 

Coming from the moron who knew fora fact that yami wasn't going anywhere, and they had a great relationship with ac 

They did. Just 5 steps over a custodians level. 

Yeah I don't see why Textron would dump cat.  Why would they buy a company that isn't a competitor and shut them down?  Do you guys buy things at the store and then just throw it away?  Doesn't make sense.

Add to that, if that was the plan, why would they be bringing out an all new chassis with tons of industry's hype behind it?  Again, makes no sense.  There's going to be just as much hype again for the catalyst as people start riding them and then big bore details start coming out.  I think it's just wishful thinking if you're a hater but I'd be up for an interesting bet if someone really believes it's going to happen.

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yeah I don't see why Textron would dump cat.  Why would they buy a company that isn't a competitor and shut them down?  Do you guys buy things at the store and then just throw it away?  Doesn't make sense.

Add to that, if that was the plan, why would they be bringing out an all new chassis with tons of industry's hype behind it?  Again, makes no sense.  There's going to be just as much hype again for the catalyst as people start riding them and then big bore details start coming out.  I think it's just wishful thinking if you're a hater but I'd be up for an interesting bet if someone really believes it's going to happen.

Why would they get rid of cat?? It doesn’t make them money. It never has and never will. They haven’t placed a management team in cat to be aggressive and lead arctic cat to be successful. They haven’t expanded into anything and have chopped/pulled back on everything. Cutting ties with Yamaha is another revenue loss for that business unit. I could keep going. Arctic cat is a side show for Textron so they could use the tax benefits of buying out a failing company to get advantages for their main business. aero space and building specialized things for military contracts is all they care about and this will never change. This is nothing new for how they operate. Selling 6,000 catalysts and canceling a few hundred of them isn’t going to right the ship or make them money ever. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Why would they get rid of cat?? It doesn’t make them money. It never has and never will. They haven’t placed a management team in cat to be aggressive and lead arctic cat to be successful. They haven’t expanded into anything and have chopped/pulled back on everything. Cutting ties with Yamaha is another revenue loss for that business unit. I could keep going. Arctic cat is a side show for Textron so they could use the tax benefits of buying out a failing company to get advantages for their main business. aero space and building specialized things for military contracts is all they care about and this will never change. This is nothing new for how they operate. Selling 6,000 catalysts and canceling a few hundred of them isn’t going to right the ship or make them money ever. 

I guess that is why they dumped big bucks into a new platform. To kill it. Same with the up and coming big bore. Your an idiot! A special kind of stupid.

just to be clear... we're talking about the chassis that Cat didn't really need because the Procross was just fine and the bigger big bore they didn't need to compete with their rivals 850's... right?  

9_9

anyway... so did Yamaha walk away from the deal, or did Evil Daddy Textron inform them they would no longer be using Yamaha engines in their new chassis? 

it's one of the two... ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Its a strange deal, Textron has turned down offers for AC from Yami, Argo, and others.

But at the end of the day its just business to them, if the division isn't profitable they will shut it down.

Here's the masters take on this, saddle up gents and get your ice cold Sam Adams Summer Ale ready, I'm about to flip some heads.
And put that glass hammer pipe down packed full of that sweet purple goodness, we'll pass it around in a moment.

Things couldn't be looking better for Cat right now. I say that as a fan of sledding and not a fanboy.
I agree with the comments about the missed opportunities in the SxS/ATV/UTV market when Cat had the chance but I don't think they ever cared that much.

But back to sleds.
Polaris had a huge stop-ride recall last year that wasn't a good look. They haven't won sled of the year in 2-3 years.
Ski-Doo's Mach Z weighed as much as the 998 but taps out at far less HP when modded. Their ETEC 850 isn't rock solid either, its good but not great, lots of folks hit around 4-5K miles and need to rebuilt the engine, and sometimes its more then just the top end. It's not a disaster but its got room for improvement. The G5 is front end heavy.
Polaris and Ski-Doo have shown their cards with the revised (not new) Matryx/G5 platforms. I don't see any of the remaining big three releasing an 'all new' chassis anytime soon, however I could be wrong.

Cat released their new chassis at the perfect time, sold out online in minutes and within a month dealers sold out of inventory they had. The buzz through the entire industry cannot be ignored or downplayed. The belt drive system on a trail sled and progressive steering system (Cat say its only on the RX-C but they should put that steering system on every model that doesn't have EPS) are more then just small tweaks. The sled looks great and is finally modern with its handling and attach system. 
If Cat can put on a decent GPS and really make a solid big bore Turbo, I believe they can really take back a sizable chunk of the market in the next 3-5 years. People like the new shiny thing, and while it will take Cat a few years to revise and sharpen the Catalyst they are definitely off to a good start.
The GPS imho isn't the tough part, thats just a getting a solid contract with a good vendor for those systems.
The chassis looks good and seems to handle fucking awesome.

The real pivot is the incoming Big Bore engine, N/A, Turbo, or both.
Cat's future, could very well be riding on this new powerplant.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

They also owned or had a major stake in Polaris many years ago as well.

good, let's keep hoping they sell it to better stewards of the brand.  

2 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Cat released their new chassis at the perfect time, sold out online in minutes and within a month dealers sold out of inventory they had. The buzz through the entire industry cannot be ignored or downplayed. The belt drive system on a trail sled and progressive steering system (Cat say its only on the RX-C but they should put that steering system on every model that doesn't have EPS) are more then just small tweaks. The sled looks great and is finally modern with its handling and attach system.

The real pivot is the incoming Big Bore engine, N/A, Turbo, or both.
Cat's future, could very well be riding on this new powerplant.

The ratio steering is on all Catalyst Trail and Crossover units.

I agree, there is A LOT riding on this big bore.

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

They also owned or had a major stake in Polaris many years ago as well.

Yeah and luckily group from Polaris bought them out before they went in the shitter!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, krom said:

Its a strange deal, Textron has turned down offers for AC from Yami, Argo, and others.

But at the end of the day its just business to them, if the division isn't profitable they will shut it down.

There is a time period they have to hold onto the company before they are done getting what they want out of it and agreements they have. Last one they did there thing with was Dixie chopper. They bought in 2014 and ended up shutting it down completely in 2018 because they didn’t care about it and it was loosing a crap ton of money. Alamo group bought it in 2019. Dixie is better now than it ever was with Alamo giving it direction. I have a feeling Cat will go down the same the path and be sold off sooner than later. If they were serious with cat several moves they made would not have been done. Big one would have been not putting the areo space engineer as the chief to fiddle fuck around for 8 months during the most important product launch in company history. 

2 hours ago, Premium said:

The ratio steering is on all Catalyst Trail and Crossover units.

I agree, there is A LOT riding on this big bore.

If what I was told is true about the big bore, you can already buy such parts and make one out of the current 800. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Things couldn't be looking better for Cat right now. I say that as a fan of sledding and not a fanboy.

OMG.  :roflcrying::smack::lol::roflcrying::smack::lol::roflcrying::smack::lol::roflcrying::smack::lol::roflcrying::smack::lol::roflcrying::smack::lol:

5 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

If Cat can put on a decent GPS and really make a solid big bore Turbo, I believe they can really take back a sizable chunk of the market in the next 3-5 years.

If.  ROFL.  Can't has never made a good big bore and now you want them to turbo it?  They need help and badly.  Losing Yamaha and their assistance is almost as big as losing Suzuki.  Complete shit show.  They are fucked.  Only an idiot fanboi see's differently...so see above.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

If what I was told is true about the big bore, you can already buy such parts and make one out of the current 800. 

Yes, it's a stop gap loss leader to try to provide some value to sell.  Never meant to be a good solution.  Not how Textron works.

• Like 1