Check your account email address ×

No more yamaha

19 hours ago, mnstang said:

You're way too invested in what moves they're doing at the top.  I get it you've been fucked and can't get over it or whatever the hell the story is but 99.99% of people dgaf who chief fiddle fuck is.  Look at the crowd at haydays and how fast they sold out.  They'll sell out that fast again for 2025's.  What matters is the product and the catalyst is the latest and greatest, value is at all time high.  You've been hurt so you can't accept that but it's the way it is.  They're only held back by supply chain right now and they know that, so they have to be real high on cat right now and they should be.

They sold out and then cancelled orders without warning or reason. Fucking their customers once again.

Think cat faithful are stupid enough to fall for that another time?

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

They sold out and then cancelled orders without warning or reason. Fucking their customers once again.

Polaris canceled orders the previous two years. The idiots like you fell for it. Not many Cat sleds were canceled. I know mine will be delivered. 

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Polaris canceled orders the previous two years. The idiots like you fell for it. Not many Cat sleds were canceled. I know mine will be delivered. 

not sure how many polaris cancelled but i know of none but some where damn late.

this was also during covid so i could see why late i guess.polaris probable sold what 50 times the sleds cat did?

not a good way to try and get things turned around.who knows maybe cat will get them all built?

3 minutes ago, X2700 said:

not sure how many polaris cancelled but i know of none but some where damn late.

this was also during covid so i could see why late i guess.polaris probable sold what 50 times the sleds cat did?

not a good way to try and get things turned around.who knows maybe cat will get them all built?

We have all our turbos for the year. 

Catalyst aren't expected till Nov-Dec, no idea when they will actually arrive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Polaris sold 5x the amount of sleds.

Not many cats? How many?

You don't know? Didn't think so.

9 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Polaris sold 5x the amount of sleds.

Not many cats? How many?

You don't know? Didn't think so.

Honestly I don't care. Just pointing out your hypocrisy.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, awful knawful said:

I'd much rather have an order cancelled in June than have it delayed until March.  Think Polaris and skidoo guys are dumb enough to fall for that again?  YUP because they keep doing it every year along with their junk sitting in the shop or under stop rides most of the year.  How did they sell out anyway?  By making a chassis better than anything you'll ever own??

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

How did they sell out anyway?  By making a chassis better than anything you'll ever own??

They sold out by only offering 30 sleds.  Trying to make sure their year one disaster is minimized but with such low volume year 2 is going to be rough as well.

15 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Several on here are, there's no doubt

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Not enough blue ones to stay in business.  Had they picked a better chassis partner that may not be the case.

When Yamaha partnered with Cat in 14 the ProCross was 2 years old. Polaris's chassis was 4 years old. The ProCross won the majority of flatland racing events and was a great fit for the 998.

Doo and Poo's chassis I believe is too weak or narrow. Fast forward to 2023/24, the Doo chassis is 7 years old and the Polaris chassis is going on 9 years old, which is why they havent won sled of the year in over 2 years, make that 3 years when Cat wins it this year.

Ford sells way more economy shitboxes then Bugatti and Mclaren sell. Its still a piece of shit. Cat have never cared about sales, even when they did have 1/3 of the market. They care about sledding. The Alpha sleds are in a class by their own and the trail sled belt drive/progressive steering makes the Polaris and Ski Doo outdated. But hey, sales numbers.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The ProCross won the majority of flatland racing events and was a great fit for the 998.

Nobody cares.  Hell even fanatics on snowmobile sites don't care.  That has no bearing on making it a great sled for everyone else's specific use.

Doo and Poo's chassis I believe is too weak or narrow. Fast forward to 2023/24, the Doo chassis is 7 years old and the Polaris chassis is going on 9 years old, which is why they havent won sled of the year in over 2 years, make that 3 years when Cat wins it this year.

Lol, too weak and narrow.  That's funny shit.  If it were the case there would be pictures all over the net of snapped Poo chassis.  There are some Doo, but considering both outsell Cat 10:1 it is no surprise that there are more failures.  Far from weak.

And you are right.  The mags don't like having older chassis win so they haven't.   That being said they are still miles ahead.  The Catalyst is a complete uncertain at this point.  It is enough of a copy of the Doo/Poo though that it should work.  Textron can fuck anything up though so I am not holding my breath.

Cat have never cared about sales, even when they did have 1/3 of the market. They care about sledding.

Lol.  No company every said that.  Definitely not Cat.  Only reason you think that is it makes you feel better about bleeding Green.  Cat wants to be the leader and sell the most.  If not, then all of the rest of your arguments fail as well.  If they just want to be a me too follower then they should keep at what they are doing.

2 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

When Yamaha partnered with Cat in 14 the ProCross was 2 years old. Polaris's chassis was 4 years old. The ProCross won the majority of flatland racing events and was a great fit for the 998.

Ford sells way more economy shitboxes then Bugatti and Mclaren sell. Its still a piece of shit. Cat have never cared about sales, even when they did have 1/3 of the market. They care about sledding. The Alpha sleds are in a class by their own and the trail sled belt drive/progressive steering makes the Polaris and Ski Doo outdated. But hey, sales numbers.

What economy shit boxes is Ford selling?

23 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Wait a minute, you changed your tune. What happened to Ferrari. Was that not you that claimed Cat was like Ferrari. LMFAO

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 2:52 AM, mnstang said:

I'd much rather have an order cancelled in June than have it delayed until March.  Think Polaris and skidoo guys are dumb enough to fall for that again?  YUP because they keep doing it every year along with their junk sitting in the shop or under stop rides most of the year.  How did they sell out anyway?  By making a chassis better than anything you'll ever own??

You are as retarded as zr6000

On 7/2/2023 at 7:42 AM, Deephaven said:

Lol.  No company every said that.  Definitely not Cat.  Only reason you think that is it makes you feel better about bleeding Green.  Cat wants to be the leader and sell the most.  If not, then all of the rest of your arguments fail as well.  If they just want to be a me too follower then they should keep at what they are doing.

FWIW they might want to sell the most, but right now they can't even build enough to keep up with the current demand. 

I'm sure you all can figure out what changed, and why they don't have the ability to build half as many sleds as they did 5 or 6 years ago

Edited by krom

59 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anyone on here planning to purchase a final year Yamacat? 

I didn't think so... ;)

I thought of that.  Maybe a few collectors looking to get a last year one and never ride it.  I'd think many people though especially the stereotypical Yamaha guy, would be turned off from the possibility of lack of dealer support in the future.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I thought of that.  Maybe a few collectors looking to get a last year one and never ride it.  I'd think many people though especially the stereotypical Yamaha guy, would be turned off from the possibility of lack of dealer support in the future.

They covered all of that. Existing dealers will continue to service and sell parts.

On 7/2/2023 at 4:36 AM, Deephaven said:

They sold out by only offering 30 sleds.  Trying to make sure their year one disaster is minimized but with such low volume year 2 is going to be rough as well.

If you're going to make the argument, use real numbers you can back up.  You're using a made up number to make your argument and to give you some affirmation to your blind raging hatred.  Kind of kills your legitimacy with using fake figures if you had any left.  I'm sure you'll have a zinger for me though that I have glasses on even though you are the one using made up data.  It's one thing to be tribal but to openly use fake data to attempt a smear is pathetic to say the least and anyone with integrity would be quite embarrassed although they wouldn't have used fake data to start with.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

They covered all of that. Existing dealers will continue to service and sell parts.

I'm sure they will on paper.  But dealer commitment to snow product will be near non existent.  They may technically be required to do this but there is a human element to dealers.  Techs will stop training and new techs won't be trained, management will not have a ton of reason to go any extra miles because there's no future in it for them.  I'm sure they will do basic service repairs if it makes them money but show me a good or great Yamaha dealer service shop in 5 years from now.  They are going to shift away from snow pretty quickly and will soon be annoyed with it and probably be trying to price customers away especially if they don't need the work.  That's just how a service department will work it's human nature.  You'd have to be nuts to think you'll have normal support from the dealer and Yamaha corporate if you have future problems.  What if you have a weirdo intermittent concern, you're going to get nothing over the bare minimum and will the dealer have any technical support/assistance from Yamaha... The answer is no.