Check your account email address ×

Student Loan Forgiveness.

10 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Clearly it’s no different here since we have to forgive all their loans 😂 

No shit 

student loans are what created this mess 

Edited by ACE

56 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Has anyone done a study on how student loans contributed to the advancement of technology and improved quality of living? 

If there's a correlation, you must have had a pile of student debt, eh??  I mean, look at the (van) technology and quality of living you've provided yourself!! :lol2:

3 hours ago, Plissken said:

*their*

Sorry I was on the phone with a rep for the student loan forgiveness program.  I thanked them for calling because I paid my way through school and was wondering where my rebate was for paying my own way without the government forgiveness program.  If your paying their loan off they should replay me for paying mine off.

They hung up 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Probably something the banks and govt agreed to. I don’t blame them. Throwing millions to broke people with no guarantee or collateral would not be a good buisness decision.

For sure, another bank bail out

23 minutes ago, Doug said:

Sorry I was on the phone with a rep for the student loan forgiveness program.  I thanked them for calling because I paid my way through school and was wondering where my rebate was for paying my own way without the government forgiveness program.  If your paying their loan off they should replay me for paying mine off.

They hung up 

Yeah, that’s how most things boil down.  If it’s gonna help you, you’re for it, otherwise against it.  Human nature.   See, I’m for it because my wife wasn’t lucky enough to have parents like mine that paid for my college up front, no loans for me.  So now I’m stuck still trying to pay off the last, I think we’re down to 23,000 now, something like that.  I could think of a lot more fun ways to spend it.  They probably wouldn’t even cover it anyway though since we transferred to private loan through So-Fi.  If it’s not covered then I say fuck everyone else.  

35 minutes ago, Bontz said:

If there's a correlation, you must have had a pile of student debt, eh??  I mean, look at the (van) technology and quality of living you've provided yourself!! :lol2:

I have no debt, no property tax, no sewer/water, no electrical, no home maintenance costs, no house insurance. Income is somewhere between $6k and $8k a month. Most of the money from the house sale is liquid. Vehicle costs are minimal. I never had a student loan. Paid for my education w/cash.  

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Yeah, that’s how most things boil down.  If it’s gonna help you, you’re for it, otherwise against it.  Human nature.   See, I’m for it because my wife wasn’t lucky enough to have parents like mine that paid for my college up front, no loans for me.  So now I’m stuck still trying to pay off the last, I think we’re down to 23,000 now, something like that.  I could think of a lot more fun ways to spend it.  They probably wouldn’t even cover it anyway though since we transferred to private loan through So-Fi.  If it’s not covered then I say fuck everyone else.  

Know a couple that are raising their granddaughter.  Not the most responsible granddaughter.  So she's going away for school to learn some responsibility.  Right.  Take out a student loan and she's going to pay for it.  Right.

She missed more classes than she went to.  Stayed for one complete semester and came back home during the 2nd semester.  You guessed it she qualifies for student loan forgiveness.

Went to college twice. Took student loans out twice. Paid the first one off in 2010 and the second one off 2 months ago.

If student loan forgiveness is such a good thing, why are they still giving huge loans to students while talking about forgiveness? Because they don't want to fix the problem, they just want to pander for votes and get people riled up about how they're victims of the the student loan industry (government).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, soeaster said:

Went to college twice. Took student loans out twice. Paid the first one off in 2010 and the second one off 2 months ago.

If student loan forgiveness is such a good thing, why are they still giving huge loans to students while talking about forgiveness? Because they don't want to fix the problem, they just want to pander for votes and get people riled up about how they're victims of the the student loan industry (government).

Also a Ponzi scheme.

The student don't pay the loan off but the loan is not "forgiven" it is paid to the University by the government.  Where does the government get the money.  Taxes

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, soeaster said:

Shut your whore mouth!! That's not to be talked about........ Unless you have a functional brain and some morals

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

You borrow the money, pay it back!

Yup, if you signed it you pay for it, I paid mine off 20 years ago and worked 2-3 jobs at some times to do it

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

You borrow the money, pay it back!

I agree 100% but then why were the PPP loans forgiven? Especially when most of those businesses didn't even need it in the first place. It's amazing how incompetent our govt. is.