Check your account email address ×

Student Loan Forgiveness.

Not very fair to the kids are go out and bust her ass and have to take out loans to start their own businesses. Why should one group get propped up over another? 

Life is a gamble and we all take chances IMO.

15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There's a trump sign in the back. :lol: 

Hmm says girls.  If it said underage Hunter would be right in there.  Joe's proud son.

Edited by Doug

6 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Not very fair to the kids are go out and bust her ass and have to take out loans to start their own businesses. Why should one group get propped up over another? 

Life is a gamble and we all take chances IMO.

No different than any other loan a person takes out.  You made the choice and took the loan out your responsible to pay it back.

Maybe there will be a major for "Insider Trading" sponsored by the Pelosi's

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Doug said:

No different than any other loan a person takes out.  You made the choice and took the loan out your responsible to pay it back.

Maybe there will be a major for "Insider Trading" sponsored by the Pelosi's

All of it sucks but Americans should be far more outraged over the PPP loans which was 900 billion ………triple the student debt forgiveness. The sad part is most of those businesses didn’t need it.

• Thanks 1

• USA Contributing Member

So my kid is a junior, smart bastard, has a good scholarship, we've been paying the difference out of our pocket.  We have 3 more semesters, I called him and told him when he has a chance to start looking into taking a loan out for what he has left.  Lets say it's about 20K for the last year and a half..... Is the gov going to cover a full 10K?  

14 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Are you pivoting a bit??? I think you are against the “green” movement and against people getting compensation for doing green stuff like EV’s and solar stuff.  I may have you confused for someone else…

you have me confused,  while not a fan of moving to just EV's as they are impractical for my use i've said nothing about the subsidies.   I do think it's silly an empoyer would install a charger when they don't provide gas to others.  my wifes next rig more than likely would be EV as it fits what she does perfectly

4 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

So my kid is a junior, smart bastard, has a good scholarship, we've been paying the difference out of our pocket.  We have 3 more semesters, I called him and told him when he has a chance to start looking into taking a loan out for what he has left.  Lets say it's about 20K for the last year and a half..... Is the gov going to cover a full 10K?  

he will get up to 10k forgiven.    just complete the FAFSA and they will lend him 7500 for his senior year.  Don't believe he can get more than that already being in his junior year.  Cutoff was earlier this year for the 22-23 school year.   

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

he will get up to 10k forgiven.    just complete the FAFSA and they will lend him 7500 for his senior year.  Don't believe he can get more than that already being in his junior year.  Cutoff was earlier this year for the 22-23 school year.   

Hell.... I can change my name to $SemipoorSledder$

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Hell.... I can change my name to $SemipoorSledder$

everyone can get student loans regardless of parent income.  7500 jr and senior year and 6500 soph and 5500 freshman i believe it is.   31k is the most that people can have with undergraduate government loans(assuming they are a dependnent)  which IMO is not an unreasonable mount to graduate with. while I'll take the free money if you can't pay back 300/mo you made bad choices in what you studied/have no motivation to actually work.  

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

everyone can get student loans regardless of parent income.  7500 jr and senior year and 6500 soph and 5500 freshman i believe it is.   31k is the most that people can have with undergraduate government loans(assuming they are a dependnent)  which IMO is not an unreasonable mount to graduate with. while I'll take the free money if you can't pay back 300/mo you made bad choices in what you studied/have no motivation to actually work.  

When he started we split the cost 3 ways (mother, father, him) and he had enough saved up where he didn't want to do a loan his freshman year.  He was able to cover his sophomore year as well and got this far into his junior year.  I'm pretty much telling him to take out a student loan for the remaining 3 semesters to get the 10K or what ever it ends up to be and it'll cover a big chunk of it.

Did the same thing with my daughter and she did loans for her part, pretty sure she's close to having them paid off.  I'll have to call her and tell her that her brother was able to take advantage of this and he's leaving school debt free.