Check your account email address ×

US home prices to plunge ‘substantially’ on ‘cratering’ demand: economist

Our house is still on the market and only lookyloos coming to view it. We aren't giving it away and will keep it listed for the length of the realtors contract. It's a hard sell due to location as not everyone wants to be rural like us. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

we are still red hot. 100 miles north of nyc, we got bombarded. there is no land or houses left. i could sell my house probably in a day. no kidding. 

Red hot here as well......realtor is almost begging me to list mjne. He said there would be a bidding war even at the outrageous price he told me he would list it for......unreal....city folks working from home since covid still looking for more rural areas nearby with some property.

Neighbors house was listed for 750K. They said no offers taken till Saturdays open house. I told my wife it’s overpriced. It was sold on Monday for 845K and this was 10 days ago.

Its fuckin nuts still.

Inventory is still low...housing starts are low...more buyers than sellers at least for now. I see a normalization rather than a crash. Gone are the days of 20 offers and no inspections.

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Neighbors house was listed for 750K. They said no offers taken till Saturdays open house. I told my wife it’s overpriced. It was sold on Monday for 845K and this was 10 days ago.

Its fuckin nuts still.

As usual, you were dead wrong, no surprise. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Location, location, location.   Some area's will hold prices better than others just like in 08.

Your mortgage buying at lower prices/higher interest rates might be similar but you will have more equity in with the same down payment.

Edited by Highmark

South of the Twin Cities has definitely slowed, but certainly not stopped.  New houses are still going up, and always will. 

Just talked to my pool builder riding buddy and he has had some cancellations in the last couple weeks.  Pretty rare to talk to him mid-summer, but he says its ok yet, just about right in his opinion, not CRAZY like it was the last two years.

9 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

South of the Twin Cities has definitely slowed, but certainly not stopped.  New houses are still going up, and always will. 

Just talked to my pool builder riding buddy and he has had some cancellations in the last couple weeks.  Pretty rare to talk to him mid-summer, but he says its ok yet, just about right in his opinion, not CRAZY like it was the last two years.

Our market is still pretty strong.  Houses are selling in about 15 days.  Inventory of starter homes is down though.

30 year is running about 5.5% right now.  Really pushed up the payment in the last 6 months.  Lots of financing is falling through right now, especially on new builds.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Buddy of mine just got his Lanai and pool done this week on his new build down in Florida. Says it's still a hot market there

Sure, but Florida is the exception not the norm and the market isn't as hot as it was 3 months ago.

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Like the article says, prices will remain high as long people have money. 

People with money aren't as stupid as the ones filled with debt or live in a van down by the river.  They will hold out for as long as they wish. The world is their oyster.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

People with money aren't as stupid as the ones filled with debt or live in a van down by the river.  They will hold out for as long as they wish. The world is their oyster.

:lol: 

Thpin was viciously slapping the pud as he read that article, being ever so thankful he doesn't own a home any longer.  What a putz :handjob:  Me thinks someone is mad at themselves for getting out of their old property before taking advantage of an unprecedented seller's market.

• Like 1