Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Blows my mind how people spaz and vomit to defend the VR1 for being tippy like Polaris hasn’t absolutely buttfucked you guys with the worst engines known to man for 20 years tbh 

The 800ho was good to me. Only Polaris I’ve really owned. 

55 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The 800ho was good to me. Only Polaris I’ve really owned. 

I've got an 800 and 2 850's. No problems whatsoever. Toyler is throwing shade because he owns the most disappointing modern snowmobile on the market. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Anler said:

I've got an 800 and 2 850's. No problems whatsoever. Toyler is throwing shade because he owns the most disappointing modern snowmobile on the market. 

If they're so good why do you need 2 back up sleds?

:lol:

:bc:

Edited by Steve753

On 9/12/2022 at 7:41 PM, f7ben said:

They had the best motor on snow in the 1200 and they just hated it because it was the exact opposite of their culture and what they want. 

Problem was that the 1200 was a bit heavy and expensive. Petronas probably also had a say in its demise.

2 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Problem was that the 1200 was a bit heavy and expensive. Petronas probably also had a say in its demise.

It was about 12lb heavier than the 900. It certainly was more expensive because it was built 1000x better than that Fischer price junk 900 ace 

19 hours ago, f7ben said:

The axys required a little input to stay flat. Was the funnest mostly stock sled I’ve ridden. 

Agreed and also depended on how it was set up.   Never been on a sled that came close to feeling an extension of me as my axys rather trail riding or playing in the powder.  Simply amazing snowmobile. 

Controlling weight transfer on the axys makes a huge difference.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

If they're so good why do you need 2 back up sleds?

:lol:

:bc:

Have you met Bussman? LOL I kept the assault when I bought the VR1 because it was so awesome. The Pro S I bought for my son. But I think you always need a back up!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Agreed and also depended on how it was set up.   Never been on a sled that came close to feeling an extension of me as my axys rather trail riding or playing in the powder.  Simply amazing snowmobile. 

Controlling weight transfer on the axys makes a huge difference.   

Yup , simply sliding a few inches further forward or backward completely changes the way the sled transfers weight and reacts. It’s really an incredible platform. Tough to describe to someone who hasn’t ridden one for 1000s of miles. The sled was still surprising me with how good it was the last season I rode it. I wish they could put a legit 180hp in one. I think that would be enough to keep me satisfied. I also don’t mean pie in the sky 850hp numbers. I mean like cat 1000 twin with y-pipe 180hp. That amount of power in that chassis would be perfect. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup , simply sliding a few inches further forward or backward completely changes the way the sled transfers weight and reacts. It’s really an incredible platform. Tough to describe to someone who hasn’t ridden one for 1000s of miles. The sled was still surprising me with how good it was the last season I rode it. I wish they could put a legit 180hp in one. I think that would be enough to keep me satisfied. I also don’t mean pie in the sky 850hp numbers. I mean like cat 1000 twin with y-pipe 180hp. That amount of power in that chassis would be perfect. 

Boost Maytrx should do the trick. :bc:

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’d have to give that one a good leaving alone for a year or two. Seems way over complicated for a small power bump. 

Probably would have if it hadn't had a year in the mountains.   No doubt it adds some complexity but at 190+ HP and the ease to add boost for a bit more makes it pretty attractive.  Its long legs in the modern slower chassis was impressing everyone who rode them last spring.

Wife and I are planning a few trips out west to mostly trail ride and having to change nothing makes it even more attractive.  

If reliable it could be the perfect snowmobile.    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Probably would have if it hadn't had a year in the mountains.   No doubt it adds some complexity but at 190+ HP and the ease to add boost for a bit more makes it pretty attractive.  Its long legs in the modern slower chassis was impressing everyone who rode them last spring.

Wife and I are planning a few trips out west to mostly trail ride and having to change nothing makes it even more attractive.  

If reliable it could be the perfect snowmobile.    

100% agree , I just watched a few videos. I’ll bet the power is very linear as well. Modern control and a turbo allows you limitless tuning options for power delivery etc. Polaris is so far out front it’s amazing the other dont just throw in the towel. 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Dude all sleds react like that.