Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Dude all sleds react like that.

Ah, no.  

2 hours ago, Steve753 said:

If they're so good why do you need 2 back up sleds?

:lol:

:bc:

For me, it's because I put 5000+ a season on, you gotta have a backup to the backup when shit happens...

When there's snow you gotta go!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

It was about 12lb heavier than the 900. It certainly was more expensive because it was built 1000x better than that Fischer price junk 900 ace 

Was reading they had to pay royalties on the 1200 too. But that doesn’t excuse them for making the 900 such junk 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Was reading they had to pay royalties on the 1200 too. But that doesn’t excuse them for making the 900 such junk 

Just really pisses me off they went from a great 4 stroke with so much potential to the absolute junk 900 with zero potential for anything other than all dick blow bangs with the local Doo fag patrol. The 900 is like a complete summation of DooTalk represented in a motor. Fuck is it just complete and utter man queef

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just really pisses me off they went from a great 4 stroke with so much potential to the absolute junk 900 with zero potential for anything other than all dick blow bangs with the local Doo fag patrol. The 900 is like a complete summation of DooTalk represented in a motor. Fuck is it just complete and utter man queef

It’s actually surprising how sad it is. Such a garbage can compared to the 1200 or 998

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s actually surprising how sad it is. Such a garbage can compared to the 1200 or 998

I mean think of the 4s engines the manus have had in the last 10 years. 

Yamaha 998 apex , 998 winder , 1049 nytro

Polaris - Weber 750

Cat , Zuk 1100

Skidoo 1200 , 900 , 600

Of those motors there is no question which stand out as absolute tinker toy underperforming junk. Just pathetic.

I mean that little Weber 750 could take damn near as much power as the 900ace and was probably a whole lot faster lb for lb  

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I mean think of the 4s engines the manus have had in the last 10 years. 

Yamaha 998 apex , 998 winder , 1049 nytro

Polaris - Weber 750

Cat , Zuk 1100

Skidoo 1200 , 900 , 600

Of those motors there is no question which stand out as absolute tinker toy underperforming junk. Just pathetic.

I mean that little Weber 750 could take damn near as much power as the 900ace and was probably a whole lot faster lb for lb  

The zuk 1100 was kind of a turd stock but would rip a tit with just a tune 

• Platinum Contributing Member
54 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

No they don't....hard to get the Procross to lift...why it's so planted but also why it lacks the playfulness of other chassis'.

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Just priced a Vr1 boost in 137

$21,788 :lol: 

It will be 2030 before the price of one hits what I’m will to pay for a snowmobile 

Got to pay to play.:lmao:

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

The zuk 1100 was kind of a turd stock but would rip a tit with just a tune 

That was all cat retarded tuning scheme. Severely limited boost at low Rpm and ramped in really slowly. My stock 09 still ran 120 on my gps on a crusty hard riverbed. My cfr ran 119 that day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I still maintain the 900 turbo is the sweetest stock motor and most versatile 4 stroke made.  I had mine set up for light duty offtrailing and it was pretty awesome with the 16x137x1.75 track, fat skis, etc.. for a 4 stroke.   Cheap to run miles on for sure compared to most any sled other than the non turbos.  You want to drag race or build it up, its probably not an option.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I still maintain the 900 turbo is the sweetest stock motor and most versatile 4 stroke made.  I had mine set up for light duty offtrailing and it was pretty awesome with the 16x137x1.75 track, fat skis, etc.. for a 4 stroke.   Cheap to run miles on for sure compared to most any sled other than the non turbos.  You want to drag race or build it up, its probably not an option.

I think you were in love with the chassis more than the motor. Imagine a proper turbo motor in a good chassis like the g4 or the axys. 

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The ProCross sure the hell doesn't.

7 hours ago, ACE said:

It is called Ace.  Of course it is junk.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

The ProCross sure the hell doesn't.

It is called Ace.  Of course it is junk.

Ok, give him the attention Goober needs, he needs to enlighten you with his knowledge about sleds.:lol2: Sad and so very pathetic.:thumbsup:  

17 minutes ago, ACE said:

Triple pipes!

I might need to add triple pipes to my life this year. Never should have sold the zrt1000. Tried like hell to buy it back last year and they laughed at me. 

17 hours ago, f7ben said:

Nope , not at all. This is completely different. You can’t understand unless you ride them. 

spot on.   the scaffold suspension sleds a different animal with forward and back body position.   the way it travels rough trails is better than any other sled i have ridden once i got the shocks figured out and fat boy springs in.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I might need to add triple pipes to my life this year. Never should have sold the zrt1000. Tried like hell to buy it back last year and they laughed at me. 

They’re still the most fun you can have in the trails IMO 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

spot on.   the scaffold suspension sleds a different animal with forward and back body position.   the way it travels rough trails is better than any other sled i have ridden once i got the shocks figured out and fat boy springs in.  

Yup , not sure who that sled was sprung for but I had to have it cranked up for my 210 lbs. Also the shock valving is just completely retarded. Have to have springs maxed and compression set to 1-2. Anything past that on the rear shock and it rode like a fucking brick. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yup , not sure who that sled was sprung for but I had to have it cranked up for my 210 lbs. Also the shock valving is just completely retarded. Have to have springs maxed and compression set to 1-2. Anything past that on the rear shock and it rode like a fucking brick. 

new springs was night and day.   had i wanted to keep it another year would have gotten complete shock rebuild/revalve as well.   Better trail sled than my current just not made for the mix of offtrail/trail riding we do which is why my first choice would be an SBA 146 with a 1.6

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

new springs was night and day.   had i wanted to keep it another year would have gotten complete shock rebuild/revalve as well.   Better trail sled than my current just not made for the mix of offtrail/trail riding we do which is why my first choice would be an SBA 146 with a 1.6

You had me until 1.6