Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, f7ben said:

I mean think of the 4s engines the manus have had in the last 10 years. 

Yamaha 998 apex , 998 winder , 1049 nytro

Polaris - Weber 750

Cat , Zuk 1100

Skidoo 1200 , 900 , 600

Of those motors there is no question which stand out as absolute tinker toy underperforming junk. Just pathetic.

I mean that little Weber 750 could take damn near as much power as the 900ace and was probably a whole lot faster lb for lb  

998 Apex/RX1 is still my favorite.  

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

best twin of the 90’s maybe be the 99 mxz 670 HO

Had a 96 670 Summit and a 97 MXZ 670.   Shortened Y pipe, 501 rotary and UFO's in the carb and Ti arms really woke those up.   Wish they would have tried flat slides in those for throttle pull alone.  

Never forget the first trips out west with that Summit.   One of the biggest game changes in snowmobiling to that point.  Other guys in our group had Cat 136's (580's and 700's) and it was laughable where I could go compared to them. 

First stock sled over the top in Jackson Hole.     

Edited by Highmark

Just now, awful knawful said:

Buds running them on their winder xtxs 141s at 280. Good track

I can see them being ok with a pile of hp dumped in them to overcome how poor they perform on top end. 

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

new springs was night and day.   had i wanted to keep it another year would have gotten complete shock rebuild/revalve as well.   Better trail sled than my current just not made for the mix of offtrail/trail riding we do which is why my first choice would be an SBA 146 with a 1.6

Just put the big boy springs on my vr1. It was waaay too soft stock. I was compensating by riding up on the tank in the bumps. I think this will help.

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

1.6 cobra is junk 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

One of the worst tracks I’ve ever ridden. Just the worst qualities of a bunch of tracks put together. 

:rolleyes: 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

One of the worst tracks I’ve ever ridden. Just the worst qualities of a bunch of tracks put together. 

Lmao it really is 

storm 150 is way better or go right to the 1.75 sno X 

the cobra is probably the shittiest track next to the original ripsaw 

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Had a 96 670 Summit and a 97 MXZ 670.   Shortened Y pipe, 501 rotary and UFO's in the carb and Ti arms really woke those up.   Wish they would have tried flat slides in those for throttle pull alone.  

Never forget the first trips out west with that Summit.   One of the biggest game changes in snowmobiling to that point.  Other guys in our group had Cat 136's (580's and 700's) and it was laughable where I could go compared to them. 

First stock sled over the top in Jackson Hole.     

They were good. The HO was still a rotary but totally redesigned. Was nearly 130 hp stock. Total travesty they only used it for 2 years and in limited sleds. 

6 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Buds running them on their winder xtxs 141s at 280. Good track

Stock 800 assaults with the 1.6 have been whooping the shit out of other 800's and even 850's for a few years now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Lmao it really is 

storm 150 is way better or go right to the 1.75 sno X 

the cobra is probably the shittiest track next to the original ripsaw 

I love the 1.35 cobra , probably my favorite track. Rip2 is excellent or I’d take a predator any day if the week.

• Like 3

The cobra wears out extremely fast and it’s lugs are floppier than a 55 year old doo rider that thinks a 900 ace is fast 

it’s on trail holeshot performance is absolutely trash and in soft snow is the only place it resembles being a track at all. 

1/10 rating at best 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Stock 800 assaults with the 1.6 have been whooping the shit out of other 800's and even 850's for a few years now. 

They’re be much faster with a 1.35 cobra. Probably 5-6mph on top end from what I’ve seen. That track is like throwing out an anchor at 80mph. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

The cobra wears out extremely fast and it’s lugs are floppier than a 55 year old doo rider that thinks a 900 ace is fast 

it’s on trail holeshot performance is absolutely trash and in soft snow is the only place it resembles being a track at all. 

1/10 rating at best 

They need to be studded properly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

They were good. The HO was still a rotary but totally redesigned. Was nearly 130 hp stock. Total travesty they only used it for 2 years and in limited sleds. 

The early Poo 700 twins made very good power.....then along came the F7.  :lol: