Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

do you know Jim Ramstad?

cousins by chance? 

also, you are breaking the law, MN has a 55mph speed limit

you should buy a b-last, some fertilizer and kill yourself dramatically.  :lol: 

Shut the fuck up retarded faggot

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

They "were' playing catchup.
Now Cat has the newest chassis on the market.

The Gen 4 is 2017, so thats going on 6 years old, and the Matryx isn't a new chassis, just updated egro's/panels for Riders, same front/rear geometry, so that chassis is going on 8 years old since it released in 2015.

Why would Cat faithful be dissapointed? This is exactly what folks wanted, a new adult, trail and crossover chassis that handles great. It looks not to dissapoint.
The new chassis looks great, can't wait to hear more about the big motor and what its going to be.

Newest chassis is a copy of the IQR with better fitting plastics and a rear skid that doesn't perform as well.

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

My 2018 Assault was a good running sled, for being rider forward chassis.  A few little tricks from "Krazy Krahn" got it into those 112+mph speeds which I thought was pretty impressive for a 144" track.

My assault has zero problems breaking 112.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Cat wouldnt copy that over-rated small bore racer, they had their own racer and it cleaned up. 

All new Chassis biotch.

Screenshot_20220912-222706_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220912-222733_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220912-222800_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220912-222832_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220912-222856_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220912-222916_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220912-222937_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220912-222958_Chrome.jpg

Better sell the Rush ASAP!! 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Man you folks get super butthurt and insecure easily.
What does my little summer project have to do with anything we are discussing here?
You just posting that tells everyone alot.

An all new Chassis for the first time in nearly a decade that looks great so far isn't all that special?
What where you expecting? A Hovercraft?

Better engines.

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The 10 is a LONG ways from even the 12.  Can update it, but lots of work

All they did in 12 is update the rear skid torque arm and tweak the front suspension to reduce steering effort by a whopping 20%,which basically they just softened it... but nothing night and day. I have mine set 90% soft since I got the fully adjustable walker evans shocks.  Other then that 10-14 Rush's are pretty much identical and handle the same, and I got newer/updated front ski's of a 2018 Rush on mine.

Edited by stinkipinki

Lots of changes from 10 to 11.  Ride quality was completely different in 10, 11, 12 but from 12 on pretty similar.  Already told you how to get closer with the 10, but even with the right springs and shock setup it isn't comparable.  I tried to "fix" mine, but it never was the machine the future years became.

17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Lots of changes from 10 to 11.  Ride quality was completely different in 10, 11, 12 but from 12 on pretty similar.  Already told you how to get closer with the 10, but even with the right springs and shock setup it isn't comparable.  I tried to "fix" mine, but it never was the machine the future years became.

From 10-14 they all ride and handle pretty much the same if you soften/tweak the suspension and update the ski's. The big change came in 15 with the Axys.

Edited by stinkipinki

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, ACE said:

All a play off the rev tbh 

I guess so. 

Rode the original 2003 Rev 800 beavertail for one season. fast sled handled great but hated the seating position. Mostly how my knees were bent. 

10 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I guess so. 

Rode the original 2003 Rev 800 beavertail for one season. fast sled handled great but hated the seating position. Mostly how my knees were bent. 

I think of still own one of the engines weren’t total trash 

We actually have a few Cat dealers still alive in my area.
The Harley Dealer in Adams Center, NY and another in Massena, NY.

They both sell other toys/cars/brands but damn it will be refreshing to see this all new chassis sittin there in the showroom. Not trying to be a homer here as I currently own two old beaters and not a single Cat, but there is some real buzz going on right now with Cat. People will talk about lack of dealers and all this negative rhetoric and its deserved, but it only takes one good product to turn things around. The Firecats had Cat holding significant market share in only a few years after release.

It's still hard to believe they even did all this work on a new mainstream chassis and now its out for us to see. Yes I think it will cut down their 2023 sales (outside of the 998 Thundercat) but it's a hit they knew was coming. If they really are serious about turning into a major player again and getting to 20-30% market share, this is step one.
The next step? How does the machine handle and what is the new 600 like.

Then, finally, the new, bigger mill.
If this sled wins sled of the year when it releases, its game on.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 2

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ACE said:

I think of still own one of the engines weren’t total trash 

The one I rode had a fresh complete rebuilt. That fucker was insane in the deep for a short track. 

We got snowed in one weekend in VT at least 4 feet of snow and I was the only one who was able to break trail from the cabin thru a field and get us onto the trail system. Just held her wide open lol....137 Viper with a turbo, 137 Sidewinder, and a 08 MXZ 800 Renegade all got buried. 

6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

The one I rode had a fresh complete rebuilt. That fucker was insane in the deep for a short track. 

We got snowed in one weekend in VT at least 4 feet of snow and I was the only one who was able to break trail from the cabin thru a field and get us onto the trail system. Just held her wide open lol....137 Viper with a turbo, 137 Sidewinder, and a 08 MXZ 800 Renegade all got buried. 

Fresh rebuild and ready to blow 

I had a 121 rev with a 1.75 and the old school long track guys made me break trail lol

Edited by ACE
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Man you folks get super butthurt and insecure easily.
What does my little summer project have to do with anything we are discussing here?
You just posting that tells everyone alot.

An all new Chassis for the first time in nearly a decade that looks great so far isn't all that special?
What where you expecting? A Hovercraft?

No and I think the majority of sledder's would agree.