Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

Just now, f7ben said:

Running any type of sled with more hp than a 900ace without studs is insanity. 

They make no difference here until maybe end of March.  You’ll get more traction here with a good stiff paddle track 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The early Poo 700 twins made very good power.....then along came the F7.  :lol:  

When I had my 03 f7 dialed perfectly the only stock sled that came close was a 2000 xc 700. I couldn’t believe he was anywhere near me after 100mph but that sled hauled the mail. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The early Poo 700 twins made very good power.....then along came the F7.  :lol:  

We’re they 120-125

f7 was a monster at 138 ish and crazy efficient chassis. Not really a terrible trail sled 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

When I had my 03 f7 dialed perfectly the only stock sled that came close was a 2000 xc 700. I couldn’t believe he was anywhere near me after 100mph but that sled hauled the mail. 

Agreed.   That chassis with Poo clutching had some long legs.

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

We’re they 120-125

f7 was a monster at 138 ish and crazy efficient chassis. Not really a terrible trail sled 

F7 was and absolute blast.   I loved mine and wish I never traded it.   Went to an 06 Apex which I loved as well but a completely different animal. 

They were a bit stronger.  I believe 130-133.  

02XC702 Polaris XC 700 Main Jet: 440 Weight: 554 The Polaris 700 took over the crown of the 700 class with an astonishing 133.1 chp @ 7900 on the first pass with 131.8 @ 8000 on the second pass. This represents a gain of over 9 hp from 6900 to 7800 RPM over last year's shoot-out sled.

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

We’re they 120-125

I will never forget the day I brought the 03 f7 home. It was probably 30f and sunny during the day and the grade by my house got a little soft. I took the sled out to run it and it only went like 102-103 or something and I wasn’t that excited. 

I went back out after the sun went down and it got cold. Snow had gotten hard and temps were good for speed. Sled blew through 100 and topped out flickering between 115-116. I was completely shocked. I knew right then there was no stock sled out there short of a Machz or tcat that would be anywhere near it and I was right. My buddy had a brand new 03 that year as well and his was nearly identical to mine. Could have tied the skis together. 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They’re be much faster with a 1.35 cobra. Probably 5-6mph on top end from what I’ve seen. That track is like throwing out an anchor at 80mph. 

they are only faster on top end but the race is lost by then...oops

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I will never forget the day I brought the 03 f7 home. It was probably 30f and sunny during the day and the grade by my house got a little soft. I took the sled out to run it and it only went like 102-103 or something and I wasn’t that excited. 

I went back out after the sun went down and it got cold. Snow had gotten hard and temps were good for speed. Sled blew through 100 and topped out flickering between 115-116. I was completely shocked. I knew right then there was no stock sled out there short of a Machz or tcat that would be anywhere near it and I was right. My buddy had a brand new 03 that year as well and his was nearly identical to mine. Could have tied the skis together. 

And they simply looked amazing. 

i was the same when I brought home my new 2010 CFR 800ho. Took it out brand new and held it wide open with 20 or less miles on it. Let off after I watched the speedo pass 111 on a groomed trail and just knew no other 800 lol as gonna touch it 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

And they simply looked amazing. 

i was the same when I brought home my new 2010 CFR 800ho. Took it out brand new and held it wide open with 20 or less miles on it. Let off after I watched the speedo pass 111 on a groomed trail and just knew no other 800 lol as gonna touch it 

Yup , you could just tell when the fucking things pulled hard right through the 90s and were still pulling hard to 110 that they were a force. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup , you could just tell when the fucking things pulled hard right through the 90s and were still pulling hard to 110 that they were a force. 

We had an ISR stock 03 F7 and it couldn’t touch the 800ho. what an animal 

Just now, ACE said:

We had an ISR stock 03 F7 and it couldn’t touch the 800ho. what an animal 

Yes the cfr took the best of the f7 and added power and torque. You’d need a perfectly dialed f7 to be near any cfr

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yes the cfr took the best of the f7 and added power and torque. You’d need a perfectly dialed f7 to be near any cfr

You can get an ISR stock CFR up near 170 HP too 

I’ll never sell that sled 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That track is so bad it allowed Bussmans anemic 800 to beat my friends 850 xrs. The xrs was a good running sled but that track just slowed It down way too much. 

Is that what your friend says? LOL

remember, the sun will shine on a dog's ass sometime. Bussman had his sometime LOL

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Is that what your friend says? LOL

remember, the sun will shine on a dog's ass sometime. Bussman had his sometime LOL

Ah no , I was the driver of the xrs when Bussman beat it. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

HAHAHAHAHA!

It was fucking shameful , I never would have believed it if I wasn’t on the sled. Bussman holeshotted me and I couldnt real him back in and then he walked away after 80mph or so. 

Edited by f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

It was fucking shameful , I never would have believed it if I wasn’t on the sled. Bussman holeshotted me and I could t real him back in and then he walked away after 80mph or so. 

sounds like the assault would have cooked you both!

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, ACE said:

You can get an ISR stock CFR up near 170 HP too 

I’ll never sell that sled 

Well kept CFR 1000's are very hard to find.  

From my 95 mach Z to my 670's to my SRX to my F7 to my Apex to my Z1T to my XRS 800 Gade to my Sidewinder to my Axys 850 all were amazing sleds that fit a particular roll extremely well.   None of them though had the versatility and fit a bunch of needs really well as my XRS then now the Axys does it even far better.   I really wasn't sure sleds could get better overall after I put a bunch of miles on my 850 Axys.   Simply an amazing snowmobile.   

That being said for a lot riding NOTHING compares to my boosted Winder.   Puts a smile on my face the 2 strokes simply can't do.  The pull they have yet at 90-100+ is simply out of this world.    

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well kept CFR 1000's are very hard to find.  

From my 95 mach Z to my 670's to my SRX to my F7 to my Apex to my Z1T to my XRS 800 Gade to my Sidewinder to my Axys 850 all were amazing sleds that fit a particular roll extremely well.   None of them though had the versatility and fit a bunch of needs really well as my XRS then now the Axys does it even far better.   I really wasn't sure sleds could get better overall after I put a bunch of miles on my 850 Axys.   Simply an amazing snowmobile.   

Imo stock for stock the 800ho was faster than the 1000

until you put exhaust on the 1000

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Imo stock for stock the 800ho was faster than the 1000

until you put exhaust on the 1000

I’d  have to see that to believe it. Maybe in a very short race. Like 500’ 

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I’d  have to see that to believe it. Maybe in a very short race. Like 500’ 

Had both and the 1000 couldn’t keep up to the 800ho in 660’ 

maybe too and be different