Check your account email address ×

Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Had both and the 1000 couldn’t keep up to the 800ho in 660’ 

maybe too and be different 

The 1000 was really just starting to pull hard at about 3-400’. I could see it giving up a sled to the 800ho and not reeling it back in by 660’. 

7 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

No studs here either. We get good snow. None of that icy trail crap.

We ride a lot of rivers and lakes as well. Can be a ton of varying conditions. Sometimes unsafe with studs. 

15 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

98 xc7 was a monster.

Destroyed tcats, mach's and xcr in the local drags. Unreal 

Twins took over stock class a long time ago but doo triples still rock the improved classes 

14 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

No studs here either. We get good snow. None of that icy trail crap.

Yeah. For the couple weeks of riding that they’d help they’re not worth the hassle a all 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yes conditions matter for their benefit but cost for gain nothing beats studding a sled.   Then you get the benefit of shorter stopping distances.   

19 hours ago, f7ben said:

I think you were in love with the chassis more than the motor. Imagine a proper turbo motor in a good chassis like the g4 or the axys. 

No man it’s the motor.  Effortless trail power.  My 1100 turbo was the only sled I’ve ever owned that wore me out riding aggressively with 800-850s.  Didn’t have that issue with the 900t.  Spooled up quick too, like riding a 250 vs a 500.  500 has more power sure but most guys can go faster on the 250 cuz they’re not fighting the motor.  Again we’re talking trail riding vs drag racing.  

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No man it’s the motor.  Effortless trail power.  My 1100 turbo was the only sled I’ve ever owned that wore me out riding aggressively with 800-850s.  Didn’t have that issue with the 900t.  Spooled up quick too, like riding a 250 vs a 500.  500 has more power sure but most guys can go faster on the 250 cuz they’re not fighting the motor.  Again we’re talking trail riding vs drag racing.  

You’re comparing the procross to the g4 , that is the entire issue 

39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You’re comparing the procross to the g4 , that is the entire issue 

I thought the z1t was incredibly easy to ride because of the low steering effort.   You still felt the weight but when set up and rode right it cornered beautifully with little effort.   I honestly liked that sled.  Very flat cornering sled the way I had mine set up. 

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I thought the z1t was incredibly easy to ride because of the low steering effort.   You still felt the weight but when set up and rode right it cornered beautifully with little effort.   I honestly liked that sled.  Very flat cornering sled the way I had mine set up. 

Barney’s we’re nice trail sleds 

but my lord they’re ugly 

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Did you ever ride a z1 ext? Night and day difference to a shorty. Beautiful balance and so predictable. Probably my favorite sled ever. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Did you ever ride a z1 ext? Night and day difference to a shorty. Beautiful balance and so predictable. Probably my favorite sled ever. 

Never did.   I didn't mind the 128 on my snopro.  I ordered it with the 13.5 1" lug and still loved it on the trails.   With switchable boost on the boondocker, meth injection and silent choice exhaust it was a great sled.   Louder on the lake when wanted quiet as stock in town.  Hooked better than my Sidewinder does. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Never did.   I didn't mind the 128 on my snopro.  I ordered it with the 13.5 1" lug and still loved it on the trails.   With switchable boost on the boondocker, meth injection and silent choice exhaust it was a great sled.   Louder on the lake when wanted quiet as stock in town.  Hooked better than my Sidewinder does. 

I didn’t mind the shorty but on hard braking I couldn’t get it to not get squirrelly on the ass. My buddies shorty is the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

I actually want a z1 EXT

Honestly , all you need is that sled bone stock and a slingshot flash and you have the perfect trail sled. I should have never sold mine but it had 5200 miles and the typical cat stuff was wearing out. 

Just now, ACE said:

I actually want a z1 EXT

Know a guy that has a z1T LXR touring with less than 100 miles.   At one time he was asking very little for it.  

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Honestly , all you need is that sled bone stock and a slingshot flash and you have the perfect trail sled. I should have never sold mine but it had 5200 miles and the typical cat stuff was wearing out. 

And yeah the longer track is way better. I notice with my triple pipes the 121 are way twitchier than the 136