Check your account email address ×

Auto repos have arrived.

https://www.decisioning.it/repossessions/cox-automotive-predicts-significant-climb-in-repo-volume/

States we are still below pre-covid numbers..besides, people should pay their fucking bills. Anyone who wants to work can easily get a job...write the check you agreed to buy the car nobody forced you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

https://www.decisioning.it/repossessions/cox-automotive-predicts-significant-climb-in-repo-volume/

States we are still below pre-covid numbers..besides, people should pay their fucking bills. Anyone who wants to work can easily get a job...write the check you agreed to buy the car nobody forced you.

Thread fail, 1 post in.

Is the water in the river where that idiot lives polluted?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

It will never change, people are stupid. It amazes how so many people struggle with the discipline it takes to live within their means.

• Like 4

I,m ready to buy a lot of different stuff at a fair and reasonable price. Anyone know where I can buy a like new, low mileage truck, in Ontario, Canada, at a repo price ? i see all the scam adds, but where can you actally buy a real one ? I talked to my local bank manager, but he says that is all handled by Toronto, which is a PITA to deal with. The vehicles all go off to auction.

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

geez, sounds like college tuition...

36 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I,m ready to buy a lot of different stuff at a fair and reasonable price. Anyone know where I can buy a like new, low mileage truck, in Ontario, Canada, at a repo price ? i see all the scam adds, but where can you actally buy a real one ? I talked to my local bank manager, but he says that is all handled by Toronto, which is a PITA to deal with. The vehicles all go off to auction.

That's the problem, few Banks sell repo vehicles by sealed bids.  Try all the smaller banks.

Most go to auction houses, where only licensed dealers can bid.  Possibly you could buy a dealers plate for entrance?

1 hour ago, ICG said:

That's the problem, few Banks sell repo vehicles by sealed bids.  Try all the smaller banks.

Most go to auction houses, where only licensed dealers can bid.  Possibly you could buy a dealers plate for entrance?

Depending on the auction house it isn't quite that simple. 

Find someone that’s buying at auction house and talk them into buying for you for a small charge.

we have local repair shop bid for us now and then.

Slip them $100.

15 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Find someone that’s buying at auction house and talk them into buying for you for a small charge.

Slip them $100.

100 bucks?  Good luck finding anyone to use their dealer license for that around here.  I used to buy cars at the auction for a friend who ran a high line used dealer.  

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

100 bucks?  Good luck finding anyone to use their dealer license for that around here.  I used to buy cars at the auction for a friend who ran a high line used dealer.  

Yes $100 should do it!

Worked part time in the early 70’s towing cars overnight  during the oil embargo. I must have towed dozens of big old gas’s guzzling burned out cars from the local woods over a summer. Crown Vics, Lincoln’s, Olds Buicks all gas pigs no one wanted. Owners would just torch em for insurance money.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Anler said:

So... This should flood the used market and bring prices down?

Hope not....love that I could sell my car for more than I paid for it 7 years ago.

4 hours ago, Anler said:

So... This should flood the used market and bring prices down?

I’ve purchased all my vehicles over the last 30 years through a good friend who has an auto brokerage. He deals with a handful of banks off loading repos. Talked to him yesterday about finding a CJ for me. He said that although repos have exploded during the last 6 weeks, most will sell at the usual elevated auction prices. There doesn’t seem to be much end in sight for high auto prices due to new vehicle high prices and shortages. 

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

Slip them $100.

My dad bought every used car that way for years with his dealer buddy.  Think the fee back then was $500.  Probably run $1000 today though unless it's a good friend.

Win, win when done that way.  Dealer only floats the cash for a day or two and it never has to sit on his lot. 

A dealer in town here has been sitting on a used Explorer since last winter.  Wants around $27k for it, most expensive car on the lot.  Must be killing him to not turn in.  The market for big cars and SUVs is getting smaller every day with these gas prices.

11 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

My dad bought every used car that way for years with his dealer buddy.  Think the fee back then was $500.  Probably run $1000 today though unless it's a good friend.

Win, win when done that way.  Dealer only floats the cash for a day or two and it never has to sit on his lot. 

A dealer in town here has been sitting on a used Explorer since last winter.  Wants around $27k for it, most expensive car on the lot.  Must be killing him to not turn in.  The market for big cars and SUVs is getting smaller every day with these gas prices.

We were looking for an Explorer for my wife until I got cold feet with the unknown in the economy, they seemed to be asking plenty for them that's for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

We were looking for an Explorer for my wife until I got cold feet with the unknown in the economy, they seemed to be asking plenty for them that's for sure. 

My wife's van has about 330,000 miles on it right now.  A transmission or major engine repair will be the end of it.

We have 3 vehicles so can manage while we shop for something new.  One things for certain, consumers have short memories.  They buy up all the big vehicles when gas prices are low and as soon as they jump up everyone wants hybrids, electric, and fuel efficient smaller vehicles.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I know 2 kids here at work, twins, both have a new truck.

Between payments, gas, and insurance is takes 2/3 of what they make at the pulp mill per month.

Retarded

LOL.  I was just thinking about that the other day as I pulled into the gas station with my beater commuter car.  Young kid had a big jacked up diesel truck with all the accessories.  Bet he has 80% of his net worth tied up in that pickup truck.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

LOL.  I was just thinking about that the other day as I pulled into the gas station with my beater commuter car.  Young kid had a big jacked up diesel truck with all the accessories.  Bet he has 80% of his net worth tied up in that pickup truck.  

Yep.

They laughed that I daily my 2014 Corolla while my Ram sits in the garage, they're not laughing anymore.

Just now, awful knawful said:

Yep.

They laughed that I daily my 2014 Corolla while my Ram sits in the garage, they're not laughing anymore.

That's nicer than my 2010 Focus.  Rusty but trusty.  220,000 miles on it.  Wife just took it to Milwaukee.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Patiently waiting for a nice used Cummins 2500 to find its way into my garage at a pre pandemic price. Until then, I will keep driving my El Denali

Seen many F 350s sell for north of a 100g. Dealers are adding 5 to 7g on top of msrp. People are getting 70g for 5 yr old diesels.

Edited by Steve753