Check your account email address ×

Auto repos have arrived.

We have a 2018 Ford Focus and a 2012 Ram Longhorn. I cringe at the new truck prices and will definately not be buying one anytime soon. If our house sells and we move down east I'll be running the sxs around .

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

We were looking for an Explorer for my wife until I got cold feet with the unknown in the economy, they seemed to be asking plenty for them that's for sure. 

i got the wife one last october

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ICG said:

That's the problem, few Banks sell repo vehicles by sealed bids.  Try all the smaller banks.

Most go to auction houses, where only licensed dealers can bid.  Possibly you could buy a dealers plate for entrance?

I,ve got a good friend that is a dealer. Once the market does get flooded, and prices are reasonable, I,ll ask him to find me something nice. He can take me into the auction as a driver, so I can get to see the vehicles close up and personal. He charges 1K about his costs, which is fair, if bought right.

Dreaming if you see 3/4 and 1 tons getting cheap anytime soon. Supply for new is still extremely low and not going to change anytime soon. I've got a 19 Sierra 3500 Denali Duramax Crew with 19k substantially under JD Power retail. I guess it depends on how greedy you want to be.

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Dreaming if you see 3/4 and 1 tons getting cheap anytime soon. Supply for new is still extremely low and not going to change anytime soon. I've got a 19 Sierra 3500 Denali Duramax Crew with 19k substantially under JD Power retail. I guess it depends on how greedy you want to be.

Exactly. The current auto recession isn't tied to demand. It's all about a lack of supply. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Exactly. The current auto recession isn't tied to demand. It's all about a lack of supply. 

How many Vans you got lined up ? :lol2:

12 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

How many Vans you got lined up ? :lol2:

I’m building a “17 Quigley at the moment. After that I’m not sure. Probably another Quigley if I can find one for under $60k 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’m building a “17 Quigley at the moment. After that I’m not sure. Probably another Quigley if I can find one for under $60k 

16fb77e23d39a37f4624cca0f37b6304--funny-shit-hilarious.jpg

• Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

Full conversion will fetch $90k. You’re weak. 

Buddy I got 3 kids ...when is the last time You looked up Mommy SUV? Unless you are over 100k sorry not impressed pal :lol:

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You couldn’t afford it. 

Only reason im laughing at ur price BTW....it just HELLO like Boomer wake up !!! If i cant afford $60k then im in serious shit :lol::lol2:

All thanks to needle dick Democrat voters like you.  

11 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

My dad bought every used car that way for years with his dealer buddy.  Think the fee back then was $500.  Probably run $1000 today though unless it's a good friend.

Win, win when done that way.  Dealer only floats the cash for a day or two and it never has to sit on his lot. 

A dealer in town here has been sitting on a used Explorer since last winter.  Wants around $27k for it, most expensive car on the lot.  Must be killing him to not turn in.  The market for big cars and SUVs is getting smaller every day with these gas prices.

10 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

We were looking for an Explorer for my wife until I got cold feet with the unknown in the economy, they seemed to be asking plenty for them that's for sure. 

We have a 2017 XLT with the non-EcoBoost 3.5L in it.  

Like it, don't love it.  

It has it's shortcomings (no rear bucket seat arm rests, water pump that is a $2k+ change when it fails, hood is already corroding).

It is probably the top shit pile for domestic SUV's.

A good friend used to be a regional sales manager for GM and said he'd never own a GM SUV that wasn't a Tahoe/Yukon or Suburban.

Another good friend is a used car dealer and said the only mid-full SUV he'd own or buy for his lot is a Durango or 3.5L N/A Explorer, so...

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We have a 2017 XLT with the non-EcoBoost 3.5L in it.  

Like it, don't love it.  

It has it's shortcomings (no rear bucket seat arm rests, water pump that is a $2k+ change when it fails, hood is already corroding).

It is probably the top shit pile for domestic SUV's.

A good friend used to be a regional sales manager for GM and said he'd never own a GM SUV that wasn't a Tahoe/Yukon or Suburban.

Another good friend is a used car dealer and said the only mid-full SUV he'd own or buy for his lot is a Durango or 3.5L N/A Explorer, so...

Yep,  we were looking strictly at the non eco, as I want nothing to do with one out of warranty. I've heard too many horror stories with the traverse/acadia to go there so this is about it for 6 passenger mid size suv.

3 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Yep,  we were looking strictly at the non eco, as I want nothing to do with one out of warranty. I've heard too many horror stories with the traverse/acadia to go there so this is about it for 6 passenger mid size suv.

The self employed mechanic that lived next to us in the hood talked us out of anything Ecoboost, pretty much ever. 

He used to be a county mechanic before he bought a shop on his own.  They'd keep one of each size Ecoboost crate motor in stock at all times.

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The self employed mechanic that lived next to us in the hood talked us out of anything Ecoboost, pretty much ever. 

He used to be a county mechanic before he bought a shop on his own.  They'd keep one of each size Ecoboost crate motor in stock at all times.

Yep,  same reason why I bought a F-150 with a 5.0, didn't want to go there

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Yep,  same reason why I bought a F-150 with a 5.0, didn't want to go there

The ecoboost has proven vastly more reliable than the 5.0 , numbers dont lie

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I hope so , cause I got 2 of them

2018 f 150 for me and 2017 explorer for the wife.

Timing chain at some point in the 125-150k range and bulletproof other than that. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Timing chain at some point in the 125-150k range and bulletproof other than that. 

Well thats a ways off.

Wife works 12 miles from home and the f-150 is my sales truck. Only see's 15 k a yr.