Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, ckf said:

Half hour drive for us if we want Chinese :(    With 4-5 active restaurants in this small town I'm surprised no one has tried Chinese. Most seem to try an American style menu and they come and go..

We have Chinese near us all over but I still drive a half hour to our favorite place. :bc:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

Half hour drive for us if we want Chinese :(    With 4-5 active restaurants in this small town I'm surprised no one has tried Chinese. Most seem to try an American style menu and they come and go..

We have 3 decent Chinese places within 10-15 minutes. One has great sushi. One really good Tai place too. I love Tai food especially Pho soups.

Im thinking maybe egg foo young or General Gau chicken.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, small-bore said:

I didn't have any shake and bake but wanted some chicken legs. So I crunched up some cornflakes instead. Man did they turn out good.

My mom did that before Shake and bake was invented.

Some use captain crunch on chicken for chicken and waffles.

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

We have 3 decent Chinese places within 10-15 minutes. One has great sushi. One really good Tai place too. I love Tai food especially Pho soups.

Im thinking maybe egg foo young or General Gau chicken.

Pho is a Vietnamese dish :bc: 

5 hours ago, ckf said:

odd chinese places if half decent seem to always make it.  

9 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Too far to truck the chinks to work the kitchen.

hell sometimes a couple of them want to leave the clan and go to the sticks.  Hawks Nest in the forks has a Thai lady cooking there now with all sorts of Thai specials,  makes me want to stop in it's just not yet been in the right spot at the right time.  

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

hell sometimes a couple of them want to leave the clan and go to the sticks.  Hawks Nest in the forks has a Thai lady cooking there now with all sorts of Thai specials,  makes me want to stop in it's just not yet been in the right spot at the right time.  

There is a great Tai place in Rangeley, ME

13 hours ago, frenchy said:

Pho is a Vietnamese dish :bc: 

we have a great Pho place here in town.   has a mix of Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese foods but the owners vietnamese just hard to make a living on their food alone.  

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Leftover stuffed cabbages. Winds blowin about 50 mph and temp was 8 this morning

Temperature is around 8 here now with a pretty good breeze. Beef is going in the oven and not the smoker, lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Going to do some lemon and herb haddock tonight

Nicole would love the haddock. I could eat it but I have never really cared for fish. :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nicole would love the haddock. I could eat it but I have never really cared for fish. :dunno:

I like having fish a few times a month. Nice light meal and my gut needs a break, made a crockpot full of chili Sunday, been eating that the past 2 days..:fullofshit:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Pan fried pork chops with mushrooms covered in cream of mushrooms soup.  Served over noodles. 

Its quick and easy 

Sounds good. We usually have it over / with potatoes.

My wife is on a diet / healthy eating kick so we had chef salads.

Mine wasn't healthy or diet by the time I was done accessorizing it. LOL

Edited by Big Crappie
  • Like 2

More Hello Fresh here. Still really enjoying it. Some pork deal with veggies. The crazy sauces and stuff they have you make really set a lot of these meals off. No joke. I made a cherry vinaigrette glaze for a roasted pork loin meal we had last week from them. Absolutely delish. Gonna actually try to steal that glaze idea this summer for a grill cooked pork loin recipe I make. Should be tasty. 

I am trying to be good the rest of the day so I’ve been on the salad for lunch deal for a while now. I actually have always liked salads and usually don’t “dirty” them up too bad at all. Usually the only thing really naughty on my salads is the dressing. 

• Like 2