Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member

Last scheduled job for this year. Finish it off tomorrow. Bring on the snow.

My mom’s neighbour. People are slobs. Broke shit everywhere. That broken filter in front of the shed was sitting there 6 years ago. How people live like this is beyond me.

IMG_6763.thumb.jpeg.3e54f3167bd1404cf33e5ea4b242a34d.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, akvanden said:

Someone generously let our club use their sherp to clear out swamps. Much better than using an argo!

Now THAT looks like fun!!  Fortunately our swamps haven’t been that wet in 5-6 years… we got our early before the rains started this fall.

If you haven’t heard about this Dutch fella that lives in Australia you should look it up. The guy flew from Australia to America and bought this KTM 500 in San Diego, rode it to La Paz then proceeded to enter the Baja 1000 in the iron man class without having any experience on the course nor did he have a pit crew. He scrambled up some parts and safety equipment and passed tech. I seen a post of him at some random camp being fed tacos! Talk about good hospitality 👌🏼 

He finished the race quite a few hours ago and man I can’t believe the support he gained from the community. An absolute legend to come do what he did. I know he was running second place at one point but I’m unsure of his placement upon finishing. 

Way to go Wouter-jan Van dijk #741x

IMG_2196.thumb.jpeg.7f35b1850f94a64ebb6774b72947a9d8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

If you haven’t heard about this Dutch fella that lives in Australia you should look it up. The guy flew from Australia to America and bought this KTM 500 in San Diego, rode it to La Paz then proceeded to enter the Baja 1000 in the iron man class without having any experience on the course nor did he have a pit crew. He scrambled up some parts and safety equipment and passed tech. I seen a post of him at some random camp being fed tacos! Talk about good hospitality 👌🏼 

He finished the race quite a few hours ago and man I can’t believe the support he gained from the community. An absolute legend to come do what he did. I know he was running second place at one point but I’m unsure of his placement upon finishing. 

IMG_2196.thumb.jpeg.7f35b1850f94a64ebb6774b72947a9d8.jpeg

Always some good stories when the 1000 happens,..The one NASCAR Herbst kid(can't remember his first name, Kyle?)and his Dad won their class this year..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pretty cool.  That is an insane race.  Paris Supercross was this past weekend too.  Jett Lawrence still on top.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

We have a roller and one of the guys runs all our trails before the ground freezes.

They've been doing that here for years but we stake first. They used to use a tractor, now they use the groomer.

Most modern farmers don't plow the fields any more but the old order Mennonites still like to cut deep.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:20 PM, Blackstar said:

Last scheduled job for this year. Finish it off tomorrow. Bring on the snow.

My mom’s neighbour. People are slobs. Broke shit everywhere. That broken filter in front of the shed was sitting there 6 years ago. How people live like this is beyond me.

IMG_6763.thumb.jpeg.3e54f3167bd1404cf33e5ea4b242a34d.jpeg

must be fun rolling out that liner in the cold weather . Nice job Tim!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They've been doing that here for years but we stake first. They used to use a tractor, now they use the groomer.

Most modern farmers don't plow the fields any more but the old order Mennonites still like to cut deep.

Yeah many have around here as well.  As for plowing, most of the ground I staked last weekend was pretty soft.  They’ve plowed some bean fields since I staked, (just went around them), so our roller guy went out yesterday and knocked them down for the trail.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, snowbear said:

must be fun rolling out that liner in the cold weather . Nice job Tim!!

Thanks. Its not the best way to do it but when a customer waits until October to tell you the pool is leaking it doesn't leave many options. We were lucky to get the day we did.