Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’m sure it was more than that.  Do they give you some type of patch if you break 100 miles there?  Maybe a trophy for 200? Prolly a little golden guy in a lazy boy chair holding a remote on top of it.

:lol: 

“I’m not a very good rider but I can log some long miles!”

I’ll be staying up at skyport the end of January for the ice drags there!! You should meet up with us...... me Steve Preston and @SSFB potentially. Who knows maybe blimp head or jammin will join 

Edited by thewayout

1 hour ago, thewayout said:

I’ll be staying up at skyport the end of January for the ice drags there!! You should meet up with us...... me Steve Preston and @SSFB potentially. Who knows maybe blimp head or jammin will join. Plan on making pot roast steak in the hotel room,with a crock pot I found at GoodWill.  I may break out a hot plate and cast Iron pan, and make the famous Bhent steak house pot roast?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Woodtick said:
2 hours ago, thewayout said:

I’ll be staying up at skyport the end of January for the ice drags there!! You should meet up with us...... me Steve Preston and @SSFB potentially. Who knows maybe blimp head or jammin will join. Plan on making pot roast steak in the hotel room,with a crock pot I found at GoodWill.  I may break out a hot plate and cast Iron pan, and make the famous Bhent steak house pot roast?

Smh

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Not a cheap sport.  But try having a boat, or an airplane, or even a camp in general.

Thats what I keep telling myself.  All of it is expensive.  At this point I'd rather spend the money to ride than on new equipment.  We put plenty of money away and spend the rest.

55 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Something I'd never own. 

My wife wanted a swimming pool so I got her a whole bunch of them lol. I bought a boat and the first day on a lake I said how do you like your pool lol. She won't let me sell the boat lol

20190707_070727.jpg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, smokin george said:

My wife wanted a swimming pool so I got her a whole bunch of them lol. I bought a boat and the first day on a lake I said how do you like your pool lol. She won't let me sell the boat lol

20190707_070727.jpg

2 things I want nothing to do with. A boat or a pool. 

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

A small boat like this one is alot of fun. It's easy to tow around,not bad on fuel and plenty of eye candy to look at

I agree with both of these.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Owning a small bow rider or fishing boat isn’t that big of an expense if you maintain them regularly...let shit slide especially with an outdrive and it can get pricey in a hurry. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Owning a small bow rider or fishing boat isn’t that big of an expense if you maintain them regularly...let shit slide especially with an outdrive and it can get pricey in a hurry. 

I got rid of the useless pain in the ass top and had a mooring cover made. Sofar my biggest expense ($1200 CDN) and $500 last season getting it polished/detailed hasn't been all that bad. It's handy keeping it at my buddies dock all summer ten min from here so no dock fees as well. We always go out with 4-6 friends for a cruise, tube, anchor at the sandbar or dinner by boat. The 4.3/Mercruiser gets it up on plane pretty quick and not too hard on fuel.

20190615_155558.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Thats what I keep telling myself.  All of it is expensive.  At this point I'd rather spend the money to ride than on new equipment.  We put plenty of money away and spend the rest.

I see all kinds with what I do now.  Some just don’t know how to enjoy life, despite having plenty set aside.  They die and the kids get it all.  Others have a good time, piss it away and die broke.  I want to be somewhere in the middle of all that.  

A small boat like this one is alot of fun. It's easy to tow around,not bad on fuel and plenty of eye candy to look at

If I were to buy anything for the water, it would be a couple of SeaDoo's 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I see all kinds with what I do now.  Some just don’t know how to enjoy life, despite having plenty set aside.  They die and the kids get it all.  Others have a good time, piss it away and die broke.  I want to be somewhere in the middle of all that.  

I hope the check from my estate bounces when they go to pay for my funeral.:lol:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I hope the check from my estate bounces when they go to pay for my funeral.:lol:

Thats a full life!  :lol: 

8 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

They're a lot easier to deal with than a boat 

Until you suck weeds into the impeller.  What a pain in the balls.

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

Hey fuck boats, this is sledding season!

You’re right.  If I’m not riding by next weekend, I’m probably gonna take Bens advice and kill myself.  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Haha 1

We thought about getting a pair until we were on a pair a couple of years ago. They were alright but not for us

Same with us. Quite a few Seadoo's on our lake but being land locked, I really don't see the purpose of them. If we could go from lake to lake and make a day trip out of it, it might be different? 

Our boat has served us well, and we have a pile of hours on it from tubing, water skiing and knee boarding. Doing all my mtce this year saved me a bundle but outside of the storage/mtce fees I used to pay, owning a boat really hasn't been that expensive for us either.

Image018_19.jpg

12 hours ago, thewayout said:

I’ll be staying up at skyport the end of January for the ice drags there!! You should meet up with us...... me Steve Preston and @SSFB potentially. Who knows maybe blimp head or jammin will join 

First off, since our idiotic border patrol let Benny back in after I warned them extensively of the dangers, I am now handling all applications for entrance.  I’ll need to review yours and this “Steve Preston” soon if you expect to cross.  SSFB has already been denied, sorry.

B.)  I love Grand Marais so, anything is possible.

3 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I’ve owned both and I certainly feel this way.  Just a small used Boston Whaler and a beat up party barge to take my dogs for cruises, both docked at my cabin....is all I will ever own again.  

Fuck boats and pools...NOPE!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1