Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

56 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea, not looking good in the UP 

Going to be 50 in caddy tomorrow. Might get the hose out and wash the cars. :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Going to be 50 in caddy tomorrow. Might get the hose out and wash the cars. :lol: 

Eeesh I'd save your gas and time and stay home 

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That’s over 100 miles east of were I’m staying.

Gonna be in the 40s tomorrow and Sunday in Sidnaw 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol:

Come ride in the UP in late February and March :bc:

I’m just gonna stack the number of days I take off.  First 2 weeks in New England are blown.  I want to get at least 2 Quebec saddlebag rides in this year, as well as a bunch of day rides, given we’re only 15 minutes from the border crossing.  Still stoked to ride again this winter, where ever and when ever.  :bc:  Bro had to tell me that some old riding buddies want to get out to Togwotee this year too. :flush:   :lol: 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’m just gonna stack the number of days I take off.  First 2 weeks in New England are blown.  I want to get at least 2 Quebec saddlebag rides in this year, as well as a bunch of day rides, given we’re only 15 minutes from the border crossing.  Still stoked to ride again this winter, where ever and when ever.  :bc:  Bro had to tell me that some old riding buddies want to get out to Togwotee this year too. :flush:   :lol: 

I'll be saving my time off for better conditions.  I'll bank 6 more days vacation over these holidays , on top of the 3 I banked in November. Plus the 160hours I got back on 12/01.  Hopefully this is our January thaw early.  Like edmo said, I'll ride in February and March. Trails will be less congested,  and so will fuel and food stops. And the trails will be a lot smoother 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Still hoping to hook up with my buddy from Ohio for a trip to NY or maybe Canada. Just waiting to hear what he has planned and keeping and hoping the future forecasts are better. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I’ve ridden in all manner of conditions and if I had a trip planned or a camp I would definitely go ride. Hell we rode back from Andy’s Seney Bar to our rental house in Grand Marais one year in a thunderstorm....it was actually a fucking hoot once we got rolling and said fuck it. Cold front moved in that night and the next morning all the sleds were blocks of ice...thawed them out and away we went. It’s all part of the adventure! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’ve done 55deg rides in the spring. What a bunch of Sally’s. My bil flight got delayed a hour. We are going to go up and have a tremendous time! I will be riding bitches.:friends:

Yep.  T-shirt and gloves, baby!!

51 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  T-shirt and gloves, baby!!

In March April and May, yea.  December, I'll save my time and money and wait.  Guys are up in GrandMarais and Seney right now and saying it's a heavy downpour at times.  Yea no thanks :thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The weather up here sucks with no snow in the forcast and more rain over the weekend and mild temps. I have the cover on the sled in the garage so I'm not tempted to sit on it and make funny noises lol. 

The only time I get anxiety about shit is this time of year. Booked a trip and it's all but gone. Sitting in the garage with WJ games on and tinkering with the sled and ready for a beer soon I think. :bc:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reevester said:

The only time I get anxiety about shit is this time of year. Booked a trip and it's all but gone. Sitting in the garage with WJ games on and tinkering with the sled and ready for a beer soon I think. :bc:

My buddy is up in the forest at his camp. His GF bought my old sled and is up there with him and they're riding up in the north end which usually has a little more snow. 

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

My buddy is up in the forest at his camp. His GF bought my old sled and is up there with him and they're riding up in the north end which usually has a little more snow. 

Doesn't look good anywhere south of north bay the next week weather wise. :(

11 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Doesn't look good anywhere south of north bay the next week weather wise. :(

That's a pissoff this time of year. The forcast around here says snow starts at 9:00 am then it went to 10:30 am then it says stops at 10:50am lol. There's  nothing happening yet lol. New Years eve a bunch of us are getting together and doing a neighbourhood door to door drop in and then a bonfire,lobster and pizza feast. At least it'll be something to do since we can't go riding. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Followed by a charcoal grill and a beer or six!:bc:

Yeppers!

080.JPG

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

In March April and May, yea.  December, I'll save my time and money and wait.  Guys are up in GrandMarais and Seney right now and saying it's a heavy downpour at times.  Yea no thanks :thumbsup:

I don't blame you too much there...again, I forgot about traveling.  Another grand benefit of riding right out of the garage.  If it sucks...just ride back home.  I've done that too...with my whole body covered in ice.  :lol: