Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

6 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

All depends on what the lower has for snow.  If there's rideable snow in the lower it cuts down on the traffic up there.  Lower is gonna be fucked this weekend so the UP will be a shit show.

Yep.

There's a lot less traffic where he's at too 

It's the same everywhere, if there was snow in lower Wisconsin that's where we would be going but there is only snow in the northern most counties and UP. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

It's the same everywhere, if there was snow in lower Wisconsin that's where we would be going but there is only snow in the northern most counties and UP. 

Busiest weekend/week of the year.  Not sure what the snow is like in PA and NY either. That will just add more people coming from eastern OH, NY and PA.  Not only will the trails suck in the UP , so will stopping for fuel and food.  Good for the businesses , but you'll be waiting around a lot.

5 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Busiest weekend/week of the year.  Not sure what the snow is like in PA and NY either. That will just add more people coming from eastern OH, NY and PA.  Not only will the trails suck in the UP , so will stopping for fuel and food.  Good for the businesses , but you'll be waiting around a lot.

March is always the best time in the UP. Way less traffic. Most are thinking about that spring break trip in the sun.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

March is always the best time in the UP. Way less traffic. Most are thinking about that spring break trip in the sun.

March is always a great month for sledding.  It’s like after the 4th of July in Summer....lakes start to clear out.  After February, most are ready to pack it in.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Edmo said:

March riding is the best. Loads of snow, the days are longer, 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Time to trade in on a switchback assault you dope!

Waiting for the tank replacement and the right deal. :news:

Kinda wishing I had bought the leftover '18 for $11k but then I'd have to fuck around with selling my CF. I'll probably wait until the right deal shows up with trade-in. 

5 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Kinda wishing I had bought the leftover '18 for $11k but then I'd have to fuck around with selling my CF. I'll probably wait until the right deal shows up with trade-in. 

you should have

7 minutes ago, SSFB said:

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

you should have

Those Lime Crossfires seem pretty rare...should sell easily.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Those Lime Crossfires seem pretty rare...should sell easily.

Sleds can be pretty hard to sell in eastern South Dakota. Hopefully this one will be easier, I'll put it on the market after the tank is replaced just to see who bites. 

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

not sure many from MN or WI will be going to UP . I personally  know no one going to the shit show with the snow in MN and WI . now if some one would hury up and get a green cross hung up it would be a diff story 

6 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Keep going :news:

Glad I don't make any plans for Christmas. Will be a total shit show up there this weekend and next week. Even if they get more snow, they just can't handle the traffic.

My group kept going.  The other guys group was scratching their ass figuring out if they could ride or tow a sled with a bent trailing arm out of the woods or not.  

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Nice sled.  I’ll tell ya, that lime green, that I didn’t like too much at first in that quantity, is really starting to grow on me with all these pics.

That green is a hell of a time keeping it clean.  

5 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea but that gray :flush: 👎🏼

I gotst one with moar gray too, if you prefer.  

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

why ? it is going to snow tomarrow 

I drove back up last night and looking good around the cabin still . planning on riding to in-laws latter today . fyi still 27 and overcasr at 12:30 so no loss going on in longville at least 

Cancelled I-falls, Hurley, and Park Rapids today.  May re-book Park Rapids after for a short weekend though.  

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SSFB said:

Sleds can be pretty hard to sell in eastern South Dakota. Hopefully this one will be easier, I'll put it on the market after the tank is replaced just to see who bites. 

Trade it for meth,you piece of white trash.

• Haha 1